corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fa Cup thread.
DC90

User status: Offline
17th May 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on circumstance surely. If you've got a mortgage, bills, kids then money might be tight. Not only that, you might just want to spend cup day with your family without spending an absolute fortune in travel, food, drinks and so on.
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
My mates have kids and they still manage? Lots of childless people at Wembley today then.

Too many variables to even debate the matter. Finances, different ways of parenting, and many many more
Ben J

17th May 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dont see how having kids and been married stops you going to the game or at least getting amongst it with fellow fans in London like but each to their own.

Christ. Maybe when you grow up you may understand.
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound like excuses to me. As I said, each to their own, not for me like. I spent 9 hours driving to Fleetwood and back last night, spending money I didn't have and had we won, i'd have spent even more money I didn't have getting to Wembley. Love my club though, wouldn't miss huge moments like those for the world. Didn't spend my time watching all the bad times to miss out on the few good times.

Could've missed it like and just made the excuse I'm skint and it's the missus birthday too but that's all it would've been, an excuse. There's always a way round if you care enough.

Last thing I could imagine doing is posting on here immediately after winning though.
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first hangover with a squeaky, slavering hungry baby is torture.
Ben J

17th May 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Depends on circumstance surely. If you've got a mortgage, bills, kids then money might be tight. Not only that, you might just want to spend cup day with your family without spending an absolute fortune in travel, food, drinks and so on.

This really.

I shouldn't need to explain myself but I will.

I live in NW England so there's travel/not many Gooners around to "celebrate" with.
I'm fucking off to Le Mans for 5 days in a few weeks and leaving the wench and kids behind.
I'm doing the BUPA Great Manchester run tomorrow
I'd rather watch the game at home with my son etc than go to a London on my own.

Etc. etc.
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spending money you don't have is not something I'd advocate when you have a young one. Again, its futile discussing it with someone who doesn't have a kid as you won't understand.
Ditch York and take up the might blue Brazil.
Ben J

17th May 14 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sound like excuses to me. As I said, each to their own, not for me like. I spent 9 hours driving to Fleetwood and back last night, spending money I didn't have and had we won, i'd have spent even more money I didn't have getting to Wembley. Love my club though, wouldn't miss huge moments like those for the world. Didn't spend my time watching all the bad times to miss out on the few good times.

Could've missed it like and just made the excuse I'm skint and it's the missus birthday too but that's all it would've been, an excuse. There's always a way round if you care enough.

Last thing I could imagine doing is posting on here immediately after winning though.

As said, when you have a family etc etc your view will change. Sounds like you may struggle to have a family though.
DC90

17th May 14 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I actually agree with the whole doing something better to celebrate than being on cs. Without a doubt. Just can't get my head around the naivety with the whole "who cares if you have kids and more important things to spend a fortune on". Each to their own as you said.

I was 9 when we won the champions league in 99. Watched it at home with old man, uncles and a few family friends. Remember it like it was yesterday and it's a memory I'll hold close to me forever, and I know my old man feels the same. He didn't need to be at at the ground to make it a memorable night.

Edit-naivety not nativity.. Fucking phone

[Edited on 17-05-2014 by DC90]
Ben G

17th May 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go again, the great armchair fan debate.

It's pointless.

Some people prefer spending money going to the game, some like sitting infront of the telly with their family/friends/beer that doesn't cost a fortune.

Not even worth arguing over.
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

As said, when you have a family etc etc your view will change. Sounds like you may struggle to have a family though.

Certainly wouldn't have one now as it's not financially viable now, however I don't see why having kids and going to football should be mutually exclusive.
DC90

17th May 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

It's pointless.

Some people prefer spending money going to the game, some like sitting infront of the telly with their family/friends/beer that doesn't cost a fortune.

I do both, still get crucified if I don't go to every game. Can't win.
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say they are. However, its a perfectly valid excuse not to go.
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

It's pointless.

I do both, still get crucified if I don't go to every game. Can't win.

My original point was about jumping straight on here after winning, no one is saying you have to go to every game I only said I wouldn't have been at home, then Ben brought his kids into it
DC90

17th May 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with original point definitely wouldn't be on cs after a cup win. I was just just talking in general. If you don't go to certain games, no matter what the reason, people seem to to get quite stuck up about it. More of a general comment as opposed to aiming at you!
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I'd have sacked off Le Mans and taken my young lad to Wembley for a day he'll never forget. Probably cheaper and good family time #GoodDad
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I'd have sacked off Le Mans and taken my young lad to Wembley for a day he'll never forget. Probably cheaper and good family time #GoodDad

You've got me there. But don't fucking dare bring hash tags in to this.
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate, I'm a proper Twitter gayer now.
Eck
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that I'd never fall behind the technological band wagon but fuck me, twitter is above my head.
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, bugger off Jonny you tard.

Have you got nothing better to do than whinge to people on a Saturday night on a Corsa forum?

We're all as sad as each other, just accept it lol.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

17th May 14 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Bloody hell, bugger off Jonny you tard.

Have you got nothing better to do than whinge to people on a Saturday night on a Corsa forum?

We're all as sad as each other, just accept it lol.

Not tonight I haven't no, my football team played last night, hence why I was there and not posting on here
DC90

17th May 14 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

#lad
Ben J

18th May 14 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love parenting experts. Especially the ones who have no kids.

And the ones who have a go a people for posting on a Corsa forum, by posting it on a Corsa forum.

[Edited on 18-05-2014 by Ben J]
Ben J

18th May 14 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long since Arsenal won a trophy btw????
Dan
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Certainly wouldn't have one now as it's not financially viable now, however I don't see why having kids and going to football should be mutually exclusive.

Good luck finding a time where you think it would be financially viable. I fobbed my missus off with that for years! Still do it now she wants another. But that time where you think you can never comes!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread. 24 database queries in 0.0155210 seconds