corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » David Moyes

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author David Moyes
mwg

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 14 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Fergie will have a say who the next manager is

Yeah because he made such a great choice first time round

He needs to fuck off completely and let the owners sort something out.

Like I've said previously, Fergie bought some players that didn't work out and some players that did. He didn't always get it right, the next one they hopefully will
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
He was never at any point the right man. Far too boring, wrong attitude and timid. He was massively out of his depth.

The manager of Man United can't say things like "we want to be like Man City". He seemed to forget he wasn't managing Everton anymore

[Edited on 23-04-2014 by mwg]

Too boring? United have been boring since their best player went on to a bigger club.
I don't think he anticipated the job to be so vast, but then again you don't expect your players to be pathetic, petulant wankers a few months in to the job.
mwg

23rd Apr 14 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Moyes is/was too boring, how is a man like that supposed to get the players excited about playing for him
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they need to get excited about his style of play before they will try? The millions of pounds they earn isn't enough? I used to like United, but now I am glad whenever they fail.
mwg

23rd Apr 14 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was true about him not wanting the midfielders to get in front of the ball I think that tells you a lot about his management style. Not a positive man. It rubs off on the players.

We all know that top flight footballers are like sulking kids when they don't have things their own way despite how much money they get paid to do a very privileged job.

I'm not fussed whether you like United or not, I find it strange that you or anyone else thinks it was wrong to get rid of Moyes. I don't recall anyone ever actually giving an example of something he did during his time there that made you think he was the man for the job, I can't think of anything he did that made me think he just needs a bit more time!

[Edited on 23-04-2014 by mwg]
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not wanting his midfielders in front of the ball? That sounds like utter nonsense to me.
Do you think sacking him with 3 game to go is a good call? Really?
I don't think you appreciate just how shit your team is. There are a handful of players who are top 6, let alone title challenging quality. He should have been given the chance to rebuild in the summer.
Rick Draper

23rd Apr 14 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Do you think sacking him with 3 game to go is a good call? Really?

I think it was a perfect call. He was clearly a dead man walking so why let him suffer for 3 more games?
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But why if they intend on sacking him wait til 3 games before he can begin to rebuild? Why not earlier in the season? They knew it was going to be a low finish a long time ago, so it can't be down to the league position?
Marc

23rd Apr 14 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could say out of respect or showing professionalism/class (not like any other teams do) that United should have dismissed Moyes in the summer, but as Dick says, what was 3 more games going to do other than give Moyes a false sense of security.
Rick Draper

23rd Apr 14 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
But why if they intend on sacking him wait til 3 games before he can begin to rebuild? Why not earlier in the season? They knew it was going to be a low finish a long time ago, so it can't be down to the league position?

Because when it became mathematically impossible to qualify for the Champions League his compensation payout dropped by millions of pounds!
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was impossible before now?
Rick Draper

23rd Apr 14 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I believe it would have been about £30 million where as a clause in his contract meant it became £4m or so according to the media.
A1EX

23rd Apr 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Was still mathematically possible before the loss to Everton
Rick Draper

23rd Apr 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Reports in Ireland on Wednesday suggested that Van Gaal would be keen to recruit Roy Keane, the former United captain, as his assistant should he be appointed as manager.

If this happened its got the potential to make for amazing viewing
Marc

24th Apr 14 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did say they needed Roy as a coach!
Hammer

24th Apr 14 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roy Keane is absolutely fucking useless as a coach/head coach/manager.

His attitude stinks and he rubs people up the wrong way. He has zero man management skills.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Apr 14 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It can't have all been bad, right? Lets looks at some of this seasons highlights, cheer ourselves up.

Giving Back to the Community

We won some silverware, didn't we? Sure it's sponsored by McDonalds, and sure it's widely regarded as even more trivial than the League Cup. But we're Community Shield champions, which is more than most can say!

He's the Boy Who Can Do Anything

Adnan Januzaj announced himself to the world in October of last year. With United a goal down to Sunderland the Belgian teen scored twice within six minutes to win the game. The second was an absolute beauty too. Later in the month Januzaj would commit himself to the club with a new five-year contract.

Once a Blue, Always a Red

Love him or loathe him but Wayne Rooney has become an integral player for Manchester United. After much speculation Rooney signed a four-year contract extension in February. He is now expected to push on and become the club's all time leading goalscorer. His reported £300 grand a week wages are mammoth, but I felt selling England's great white hope would have held more negative repercussions than positive.

Dave Saves

David de Gea is a world class goalkeeper. He has continued to blossom into an incredible footballer, I have maintained he is comparable to Neymar, Bale, and other top class young players. Chris Woods, our goalkeeping coach, appears to have continued Eric Steele's great work. With Valdés injured, de Gea now has an excellent chance of finding himself included in Spain's World Cup squad.

Mourinho Mad as a Hatter, Moyes signs Juan Mata

Did we need him? Probably not. Have we yet to see the best of him in a Manchester United shirt? Probably not. Is he a class act of a footballer? Definitely yes. Here's hoping our new manager knows how to get the best out of Mata. Special mention goes to his blog too.

Anything Beck's Can Do I Can Do Better

The goal was incredible, absolutely ridiculous. Easily Manchester United's goal of the season and a front runner for the Premier League goal of the season. I wish Fellaini hadn't tarnished the goal celebration though.

Like Sex, Only Longer

The most amazing twenty-two seconds of the season! Patrice Evra scores a wonder goal to put Manchester United ahead against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, Bayern Munich proceed to score within half a minute, the culprit? You guessed it, Patrice Evra.

Throw Your Moyes out of the Pram

Moyes' sacking was a highlight, lets be honest with ourselves here. The Scot failed to deliver, the fan's incredible support was rewarded with a season of under-performance. Many of us felt disillusioned and concerned for the future of the club. Moyes is a decent and hardworking man, but Manchester United was not his level.

Has Anyone Seen Rob Swire's Wife?

Giggs' appointment as interim manager further cements his place as a complete and utter Manchester United legend. Our greatest ever player's promotion even brought the return of Paul Scholes to the setup. While he will not be considered for the full-time job just yet, it allows the supporters to now enjoy the remaining games.

Any personal highlight of the season? I genuinely can't think of too many more. Knocking Liverpool out of the League Cup was decent, beating Arsenal was good too. Ultimately it has been a miserable season, but not without it's positives! Maybe it's Moyes' exit that has allowed my optimism bloom once again, but the glass is half-full! We're Manchester United!

mwg

24th Apr 14 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where have you got that from?
mwg

24th Apr 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Roy Keane is absolutely fucking useless as a coach/head coach/manager.

His attitude stinks and he rubs people up the wrong way. He has zero man management skills.

Absolute fruit loop, great player, crap manager.
Ben J

25th Apr 14 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way United would have Keane as a coach! After the way he's slagged Fergie etc. in the past! Surely not??
Ben J

25th Apr 14 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Giggs when asked if he is going to keep playing..“Yep, I've given myself a new 5 year contract"

Ha Ha What a ledge!

Will be interesting to see if he brings himself on in last few games as this will surely be his last season as a player??

kennySRi

25th Apr 14 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon he'll play the last 20 minutes of the last home match.

So glad I'm there tomorrow to see those boys manage the club
Ben J

25th Apr 14 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its cool really even though its not great situation at the mo.

I'd/I'll be pretty excited to see DB10, PV4, TA6, TH14 etc etc managing/coaching us!

[Edited on 25-04-2014 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 14 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be excited seeing postcodes managing your team?
Ben G

25th Apr 14 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » David Moyes 23 database queries in 0.2107060 seconds