corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » David Moyes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author David Moyes
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 14 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he retires at fergies age he can be there for 10 years, not that I think he will but if he can turn the club back successful in the next few years it may be more attractive to someone like guardiola, or even klopp longer term
Ben J

22nd Apr 14 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might get ridiculed but I genuinley think Pep is more likely to come to Arsenal than United.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 14 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Premier League winning twat

I suppose its good that he got one before United's spectacular fall from grace. Bet he's pissed off that he left for success and got a taste of it... Only for it to be his one and only sip of success. Fucking rapist cunt.
mwg

22nd Apr 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wasn't to know that the wettest man to have ever come out of Scotland was going to have the team finishing mid table within 1 season
mwg

22nd Apr 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scots usually have a bit of fire in their belly
Marc

22nd Apr 14 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion - Moyes was never a name to attract top players from Europe. I'm not doubting what he achieved at Everton on a shoe string, but going from top 6 to 1st without the credibility/reputation of a big name manager was a huge ask. This was evident in the transfer window.

Sacking the back room staff and bringing in his own guys before even settling in was a mistake too. Although I was glad to see Phil Neville return. His reluctance to play certain players was baffling too, especially when they needed to come on and change games.

Not many will agree with me, but I'd like to see Roy Keane return as a coach, he is not a manager but having him at the training ground wouldn't be a bad thing.

The rumours of Van Gaal seems to be a short term fix also and not a long term solution.
Rick Draper

22nd Apr 14 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I might get ridiculed but I genuinley think Pep is more likely to come to Arsenal than United.

Pep Mel I take it
JonnyJ

22nd Apr 14 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless or whether it was the right decision or not (the former in my view) its an absoloutely MASSIVE season next season for 2 teams.

Man Utd & Arsenal.

The way i see it Chelsea and Man City have a CL spot sewn up already. Liverpool should strengthen, how they deal with CL football and the league remains to be seen, but with the players they have, you'd expect them to make the top 4 again.

So that leaves Arsenal, who are the weakest of the top 4. They need a big summer window, Wenger cant afford to fanny about, because the only reason they're in it (possibly) this season is because Man Utd have faltered.

Man Utd cant afford to spend more than a few seasons outside of the CL, literally. The debt the club was bought with is financed on CL football. Without that, sponsors will eventually ebb away, a massive part of their income and of course the longer you're out, the harder and more money you need to get back in.

Who will slip? Theres not enough room for everyone...
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 14 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal will have been fairly fortunate to make it this season and that's even without united in the mix. I think if aw is still at the helm they will struggle next season I just think he's out of ideas
Ben J

22nd Apr 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

Pep Mel I take it

Wait and see Raper.

#CityorLiverpool
Ben J

22nd Apr 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Arsenal will have been fairly fortunate to make it this season and that's even without united in the mix. I think if aw is still at the helm they will struggle next season I just think he's out of ideas

Have you seen our injury list this season??? We've had more injuries than the rest of the PL put together. We've lost half our squad and most of our top players - Ramsay/Wilshere/Ozil/Ox/Theo to name but a few. You can go on about squad size all you want but when you get hit with so many injuries to top players, there's nothing you can do.

Had we not had so many injurie I think we woud have held top spot and won the league.

Look at the impact a not fully match fit Rambo and Ozil had at weekend.

[Edited on 22-04-2014 by Ben J]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 14 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that is down to the depth of the squad, and frighteningly bad backroom staff Arsenal get plagued with injuries every year. I think the physio/fitness coaches have bets against them.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 14 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus they had the opportunity to go some way to rectifying that in jan
Cole

22nd Apr 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen this come up on fb thought it was quite funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoiOW_zrMmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
mwg

22nd Apr 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In previous years where we were plagued with injuries we still managed to finish 2nd
Ben J

22nd Apr 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd place trophy etc etc
chrisritch

22nd Apr 14 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
2nd place trophy etc etc

2nd place is qualified for CL

4th isnt.
mwg

23rd Apr 14 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie will have a say who the next manager is
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Fergie won't give a fuck now. The integrity is gone. I still maintain that Moyes was the right man, but he was doomed from the start. He hasn't been there long enough to exert his authority on bellends like RVP. Whereas Fergie would have shown him/Rooney the door and not a thing would be said about him.
mwg

23rd Apr 14 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was never at any point the right man. Far too boring, wrong attitude and timid. He was massively out of his depth.

The manager of Man United can't say things like "we want to be like Man City". He seemed to forget he wasn't managing Everton anymore

[Edited on 23-04-2014 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would have required a complete change in squad because not one player respected him, and also a complete personality change, as well as someone tactically aware alongside him. I don't think he had all that in him
mwg

23rd Apr 14 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27125116
Ben G

23rd Apr 14 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to pull their cocks out of eachothers arses.
Ben G

23rd Apr 14 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Fergie will have a say who the next manager is

Yeah because he made such a great choice first time round

He needs to fuck off completely and let the owners sort something out.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 14 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10778462/David-Moyes-failed-to-learn-lessons-of-Bondi-and-was-out-of-his-depth-from-moment-he-replaced-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » David Moyes 23 database queries in 0.1984150 seconds