corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP. c20xe not running right

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP. c20xe not running right
steve_b

User status: Offline
6th Mar 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys

i have decided to come back to the vauxhall world after being away for a while. i have recently purcahsed a c20xe corsa converted from a 1.0 12v.

having had the car a week and it running fine. its now decided to play up. the eml is on and its running lumpy and pulses a little bit on idle.

im trying to do the paperclip test but am i right in guessing it cant be done on 1.0 12v?

also i have a odb2 reader which will not connect to the car. is there any way i can read codes

thanks in advance
Richie

7th Mar 14 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It couldn't be done on the 1.0 12v as the engine ecu didnt support it

However, you are now on an older ECU to go with your engine, so as long as your diagnostic plug has been wired up correctly, it will work.

OBD2 reader won't work with an ECU so old, you need Tech2
steve_b

7th Mar 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply mate. I can't do the paper clip test as the plug as not got the metal terminals to bridge it. Is there any other way apart from tech2!??
Richie

7th Mar 14 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say you dont have the metal terminals what do you mean? Are the pins missing from the plug?

Unfortunately no other way to get codes off

5+6 should be populated on most corsa's?

If you struggle - see if you can find a brown / yellow wire for the diagnostic connector and short it to ground - that will initiate the paper clip test

[Edited on 07-03-2014 by Richie]
steve_b

9th Mar 14 at 04:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for this mate I'll see if I can find the wire. Nice to see the forums are still as helpful as ever. Thanks again Richie
Richie

11th Mar 14 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be brown/black if you can't find the brown / yellow - depends where you look

Has been a while since I was involved in a conversion but I'm pretty sure the XE loom side is brown/yellow, and the corsa side is brown/black sometimes but matches on others.

And no worries

New Poll