corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How much more are brand new built houses?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much more are brand new built houses?
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Feb 14 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to the bank, can borrow about 140k with 20k deposit,

Unfortunately not untill july,

That will buy me some thing like this in my area http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/31891044?search_identifier=34d9c366aa4f8af959515006a4396e75

However there is a new estate going up this year, not yet a sales suite built.

Im wondering how much higher priced a brand new property will be in comparison to the above, I will be looking at the same sort of thing 3 bed with garage

10%, 20% more than the above ?
Ste
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could do your own research easy enough. find a new estate somewhere not too far from you then look at second hand house prices near it. should give you an idea rather than people off here guessing

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
John

9th Feb 14 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would still be a guess anyway, will also massively depend on builder.
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the notable difference will be space.
Newer estates are built with quantity in mind IMO
Older properties will most likely have a little more overall space for a similar price. Although, as said it'll be hard for anyone to guess prices.

We are looking at a near completed development and a not yet built development nearer to work. I'm expecting the price of the latter to be higher but that's me guessing on location and researching the two developers other developments and comparing their prices.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
spencer88

10th Feb 14 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New estates are built with quantity in mind, but that is not necessarily down to the developer, it is mainly down to the LPA and their requirements.

Who is the developer/ housebuilder?
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrst Nicholson

http://www.crestnicholson.com/monksmoorpark/?gclid=CPz80oOVwbwCFQgHwwodxScAKw
spencer88

10th Feb 14 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like an expensive developer
Hammer

10th Feb 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pure guesswork to suggest new builds are purely about quantity - they will be if that was the particular builders remit, which isn't rocket science.
AndyKent

10th Feb 14 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Housing densities are not set by the planners, at least not so much that it forces developers to build more.

Developers go for max value, and that means max units.

Very few new estates from the major house builders i could even vaguely imagine living on!
spencer88

10th Feb 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Housing densities are not set by the planners, at least not so much that it forces developers to build more.

Developers go for max value, and that means max units.

Very few new estates from the major house builders i could even vaguely imagine living on!

Not strictly true.

Housing numbers are not set, but their are guidelines to density size and what the council would like to see.

Not all developers go for maximum plots, as that can often mean a higher contribution t affordable. Often they will create fewer, but larger units, thus avoiding higher affordable housing contribution and gaining a higher value for the units.
jrsteeve

11th Feb 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New builds are marketed above the market price, with the incentive of discounts to make them more attractive - if that makes sense. I.e. a house might be advertised at £140k but you'd have a reasonable chance of them accepting £125k-£130k.

If you do go for one make sure you do your research first, otherwise you could be stuck with negative equity for years.
Cavey

11th Feb 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We moved into ours 4 years ago, house was valued at £190k when we bought it, 4 years on, it's worth £220 (well the neighbours is identical and sold for that a few months ago)

If you move to the right area you shouldn't lose money. - Also, with regards to density, as said it'll depend on the estate. - Ours is in a pretty expensive area, and half the houses are £400k+ with decent sized gardens, there's flats obviously which I think offset the density thing, but everyone has enough room, parking seems to be the only real issue
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Feb 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did similar searches early last year. I was looking at approximately 40% more expensive for an equally "roomed" new build, but with less land etc.

You did however get options for part exchanging and stuff like that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Haimsey
Premium Member

13th Feb 14 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to browse some DWH show homes this evening.
Makes me a tad jealous! But kind if torturous to look around the 4 bed 300k'er

One we are looking at come in at 180k, big decision to make!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Feb 14 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I did similar searches early last year. I was looking at approximately 40% more expensive for an equally "roomed" new build, but with less land etc.

You did however get options for part exchanging and stuff like that.

40%

nothing to part ex,

misses need to finish uni already and chip in
deano87

18th Feb 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local deveoplment in Biggleswade. 2 bed house, not a great deal of space, not even sure it had a parking space in front. Was circa £180k. Equivalent on the second hand market would be £130k - £160k depending on age.
pow
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get the new build obsession... They're tiny and badly built!
tom130691
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Don't get the new build obsession... They're tiny and badly built!

hassle free, no decorating to be done straight away, under warranty.

spot on for a first place
ed

18th Feb 14 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No decorating? That's up for debate.
pow
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I HATE painting with a burning passion I'd rather have lots of room around my house and solid walls. I see the plus points it's just for me I'd prefer a 60's brick house
tom130691
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
No decorating? That's up for debate.

rented new builds while at uni, couldnt decorate not that I ever felt the need to.

yeah I see the appeal but, im not planning to be in this house for that long,

If I stay where I am my pay will only go up, then if the misses lasts long enough to finish uni and gets a job, then its pretty likely ill move on again (for a bigger garage)
John

18th Feb 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a new build, built from brick, decent sized rooms and I've had to decorate.

As much as I like white (would definitely need to decorate if it was all magnolia), every single wall in the house being white wore off pretty quickly.
pow
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't realise how much it costs to move house then Tom Put aside 5k for just moving costs. That's money that you'll see nothing for.
Cavey

18th Feb 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
You don't realise how much it costs to move house then Tom Put aside 5k for just moving costs. That's money that you'll see nothing for.

What? What do you include in that £5k? - Fees? Van Rental? New Furniture? Decorating?
Robbo

18th Feb 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A van for a weekend (even a huge one) costs what £200? surely anyone not voer the age of 50 and with years of accumulated junk just moves themselves these days?!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll