corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)
mark106mark

User status: Offline
19th Feb 14 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cage went in last week, trying to clean it all up again now
mark106mark

25th Feb 14 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Not at that money Mark no!

Glad this one feels ace, looks a decent job and you've been highly involved so you will have a good bond with it! If you sell it sell it to meeee lol

I never asked him the price...go on shock me????
mark106mark

25th Feb 14 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rightey...........

Ive got a long lit of to do jobs but at the moment the main ones for me are

1) Top up gearbox oil
2) Change ignition barrell
3) Sort exhaust downpipe

Managed to order the ignition barrell for like £15ish and that came

Ive read a few different threads on how to change it

I managed to get the cowl off and getting the old barrel out was surprisingly easy. Unfortunately I nearly lost the plot trying to put the new barrel in....the same way it comes out......yeah right!!

Nevertheless I eventually managed it somehow

I made a call to powerflow and they want me to bring the car down so they can get it up on the ramp to give me an accurate price ref the downpipe. Not a massive issue there only half hour down the road but I really was hoping to have in done in a 1 - er! Oh well gives me chance to blast it out again I guess

Well thats in a few days so I cracked on with topping up the gear oil with my home made design

Up she goes and bumper off.

I wanted the bumper off as I have a host of things I want to get done and it just makes life easier especially as its pretty easy to whip off.

I wanted to look at a few of the pipes, tidy up ny wiring etc etc

First bodge found in one of the water pipes so quick trip to get a water pipe connector and sorted that out.

[Edited on 25-02-2014 by mark106mark]
Pridzz

25th Feb 14 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my mate Scott's old car - And I no Mike, Paul and Jimmy who are in the pics helping you, I am from Exmouth you may have seen my ZLET C going round?

[Edited on 25-02-2014 by Pridzz]
Jambo

25th Feb 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£4k Mark!

What's the deal with the water pipe?
Jambo

25th Feb 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice C!
mark106mark

25th Feb 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not from Devon mate but I recognise the car from when it was up for sale. I was interested in it at one stage. Mikes my cousin and I know Jimmy and Paulo through him

Jambo no massive drama just prev owner had joined the hoses together using fuel line! And a knackered one at best
mark106mark

26th Feb 14 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right Ive been down to powerflow and they have had the car up on the ramps

Been quoted £90 to have the down pipe sorted which is abut what I was expecting really so its booked in shortly

Got the car home and decided to have a go fitting the ICV roose pipe I had. Basically when doing the conversion we noticed it too late so I just took it with me.

I jacked the car up and too a look, didnt know what I was getting myself in for really. Removing the old one was not too bad but getting the new one back in was a b@stard

It took well over a hour of constant fiddlin but I got there

Jambo

26th Feb 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not check the hose before fitting the engine?

Whats the plans for the next step?

Great progress so far
Generation

26th Feb 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horrible job. Hour is pretty quick, compared to me. Must have taken me double that. Looks nice when done though!
mark106mark

26th Feb 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Did you not check the hose before fitting the engine?

Whats the plans for the next step?

Great progress so far

Cheers Jambo!

It was a Roose hose lay somewhere in one of the boxes and when fitting the engine we didn't realise we hadnt fitted it so it had to be done with engine in. This just made it 10X harder than doing it with the engine out but there you go! There was nothing wrong with the old one but it wasnt a matching red one so had to be done!

A lot of fiddling and swearing but it looks loads better now

Next plans are completing the engine bay really with a full under seal / waxoil being done underneath. I want to basically close the book on the engine bay so all uprated hoses, bolts, clips, new filter, header tank, battery and alloy radiator, fan etc etc

I want to relocate the SARD FPR next though as you cant see the gauge (yes im anal like that) So im going to order some fuel line for that and new clips etc.

Looking forward to the exhaust being done as its blowing and sounds shite!

mark106mark

26th Feb 14 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Horrible job. Hour is pretty quick, compared to me. Must have taken me double that. Looks nice when done though!

maybe it was 2 hours I know it felt like it took forever!!
mark106mark

27th Feb 14 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right trip down to powerflow and serveral hours later the down pipe is custom made. Well happy with it as it now sounds like a normal car! plus it was even cheaper in the end £80

The drive home was much more pleasurable lol

Few pics underneath when I got home

Top job powerflow!

I can now crack on with the other bits I want to start getting done. Ive bought all the underseal and some other bits ready to do all the underneath / arches etc

Im quieltly dreading this job and have considered paying someone to do it but I want to do as much myself as possible on this one

Jambo

27th Feb 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, not a bad price either. What is the rest of the system?

You're making me want another
mark106mark

27th Feb 14 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo your my most loyal follower on this thread lol

It's a full powerflow system anyway but is was fitted to the redtop engine so they had to fabricate the down pipe to match rest of the system basically

Don't fight it mate...... Get one!!!!!
CharlesH

27th Feb 14 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine conversion looks a top job and liking how your sorting the bodges out first, looking forward to future updates, keep up the good work
mark106mark

27th Feb 14 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads.....

I dont think there will many issues to iron out as everything has been inspected on the way where possible. Sometimes when you dig a bit deep these things pop up but thats cars for you.

Im pretty anal with my cars though so anything I do find along the way will be sorted

Roll on PVS 2014 where it will be there
Generation

27th Feb 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like they've done a great job
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down pipe looks spot on

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
mark106mark

28th Feb 14 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a bit more.....managed to sort out the SARD relocation. Took a bit of measuring up and getting right but im happy with it tbh. I only just realised my SARD never had a bracket when I bought it but managed to secure it for now. I didnt take any progress ics just a finished pic

I did buy the direnza radiator but there was no chance of it fitting as it leans back in the bay and would touch the turbo. You will see from previous pics I had no chance but to fit the standard radiator back it. So I have just managed to find a TX Autosport one with slimline fan 2nd hand for a great price so Ive ordered that and it should be on its way.

Ive also just been told by a close friend that theres 2 spaces left on a rolling road day at Powerstation in Gloucestershire. So tempted so I might have to put the car back together for this as keen to know its all in good order power wise (feels it!!!).

Only problem is its a Focus ST day but hey im sure they wont mind me throwing my c20let corsa in there to show them up
Generation

28th Feb 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What make is that? Mine wo faulty ones looked exactly the same
mark106mark

28th Feb 14 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a sard one Gen. If you go to page 1 of my thread there's a big pic u can have a better look. I bought is off a member on here who assured me it was genuine. And I did a bit of research before handing him the cash! Let me know your thoughts!
mark106mark

4th Mar 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok lads.....lets be honest was I going to pass up a power run with the new lump in....nah

So I got a call from my mate about spaces left and though go on then. It was the following day so it was an early start on Saturday morning getting car back together

So we met at Powestation around 10am with loads of lovely Focus ST's

I had asked my mate (organiser) so see if they would let me go in the first 5 cars as I had work in the afternoon. I was a little shocked when I was first called up and im sure most of the ST owners were first...oh well.

I was little nervous with the results as I was hoping for standard power of a little over would be nice. t feels strong to drive, no smoke and is boosting lovely so fingers crossed

Massive smiles with 231 BHP lads, few of the ST boys looked shocked too.

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by mark106mark]

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

4th Mar 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right with the car back home the mission continues.

My TXAutosport radiator and slimline has come and ive bought a Bailey header tank thats been powder coated in black chroe type finish which will work well in the engine bay.

Bumper back off so I can get ready for the radiator to be fitted amongst a few other bits im going to paint up in the engine bay. Brackets etc

I made a rookie istake buying the Bailey as you might see in the pics. It only has one feed on the top as the other has been blancked off and welded up. Something I never noticed whe I made the quick purchase and something the seller failed to mention in the ebay advert.

Made a quick call to Bailey so see what they could do. After a few laughs and giggles over the phone they sold me the smaller spout and have posted it out to me

I know a top welder so im going to send it to him
mark106mark

5th Mar 14 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some new gauges have arrived in the post

I decided to go for boost, AFR and oil temp as I have the oil pressure on the Digi Dash anyway

I couldnt resist quickly slottig them onto the holder I had bought. Bit of a gambe as the holder is just a single din jobbiew but CNC machined recess so the gauges sit nice

I pretty happy with it

It wasnt quite a straight fit I had to trim the sides down a little for it to slot in. I have to say though with a little trimming im happy with it as its a nice snug fit

I then put the gauges in for a test fit as wanted to see what they looked like

Well happy with all that so m going to make a wiring harness for the gauges so its nice and tidy in there. Obviously not planning on having a stereo of any kind so all good!!!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016) 24 database queries in 0.1086950 seconds