corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Mar 14 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a narrowband afr isnt it? no point in one of those!
mark106mark

5th Mar 14 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is but im not going to bother with the wideband for now. once I go phase 3 ill have it all set up by Powerstation
Jambo

5th Mar 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phase 3

V973 was 235 odd with just a FMIC and whatever was in the ECU chip wise when I had mine done. So similar beginnings

Keep up the good work, seems to be coming together really fast. Gauges are cool
mark106mark

6th Mar 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got cracking with the gauge wiring in my kitchen (missus would kill me)

Didn't take too long to get it all sorted out. I was debating whether to have the back lights come on with the ignition or when the lights are illuminated. As its going to be used mostly in the summer I figured I would have it illuminating from when the ignition is turned on

I need to order a sump plug to accommodate the oil temp sensor

The spout for my Bailey header tank has arrived so its been dropped off to be welded on

Ive trial fitted the radiator to see what clearances ive got. Seems pretty good but I will need to drill some mounting holes in the bottom panel. Im also going to have to trim a little of the headlight recess to accomodate the water pipe from the turbo to radiator. Not too worried about any of that tbh.

Ive decided I also want to spray the intercooler black and change the front two red hoses to black to keep it more stealth looking at the front. As much as I love the red its a bit much I think.

More to come soon
mark106mark

7th Mar 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the bailey header tank back. Happy with how it looks. Debated getting it re powder coated but once the pipe slips over I think it will be fine.

mark106mark

8th Mar 14 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removed the coil and sprayed up the bracket black to freshen it up along with some new nuts and bolts etc

Decided to do a can wrap so headed to my nearest boozer with my measurements. Wanting to keep to the red / black theme I ended up with this.........

Sump plug adaptor came for oil temp gauge and got the top struts painted up too

Intercooler repaint slowly getting there,more updates soon!
mark106mark

9th Mar 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished off the intercooler which im happy with and painted a few other bits and pieces up. Tidied up some wiring, re-wrapped some other tatty bits etc. seems to be all coming on now

[Edited on 09-03-2014 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

13th Mar 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TX Autosport radiator and fan have been fitted up. Had to chop a bit out of the light surround to get the turbo coolant pipe in snug.

Really happy with it tbh as its a nice fit.

Ive got the front intercooler black hoses to fit too

Bailey header tank to be fitted shortly and ive ordered a Roose hose for the turbo breather pipe
Generation

14th Mar 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice attention to detail mate, I recently have to return my tx rad as was leaking (common fault on earlier batch of ones) they've replaced it with same as you have now. They're. Great rads and keep the temperature down loads!
mark106mark

14th Mar 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Gen Not had chance to drive it yet with the new radiator fitted so can't vouch for lower running temps yet but I'm sure they will be from what you say. Im hoping to have it taxed by 1st April.
mark106mark

15th Mar 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roose breather pipe has arrived and trial fitted. Will trim it slightly once I have the filter I want in place to keep it all nice and snug

This is ho she stands at the moment. As mentioned those front intercooler pipes will be black and I have them ready to trim / fit etc

Ive decided against the poverty spec at this stage and sourced some colour coded bumpers and a gsi rear boot spoiler..........

gidged500
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get the intercooler from?
mark106mark

15th Mar 14 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tx one mate
ArdenblueDan

15th Mar 14 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good buddy love what you did with the Smirnoff can
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, they don't look to do them anymore
Corsas come along well mine seems to be taking ages
you planning on taking it to pvs?
mark106mark

15th Mar 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they do them still mate ill PM you the link now. Yes definitely at PVS mate ill be seeing you there!!
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found it £299 though !
You'll Defo see me at pvs, just not sure which one of my corsas will be going though hope it's the turbo

Thanks for the link
mark106mark

15th Mar 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy the intercooler on its own from them but I decided to get the whole kit. 299 includes the high flow top hat so I thought it was a decent enough price
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I thought it was just the intercooler and pipes I've a forge intercooler so I'm hoping they will sell just the pipes.
I'm gonna get the top hat and down pipe from them though, they just bolt straight on ?
mark106mark

15th Mar 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure they will if you give them a bell. Yeah the tophat fits the engine lovely..... However the bonnet wouldn't close!!! U have to either cut the bonnet slightly or hammer it..... I hammered mine
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Mar 14 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of hammering never hurt anyone thanks for the heads up
mark106mark

16th Mar 14 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries mate
mark106mark

16th Mar 14 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right fitted the black hoses. Only had to trim about 5mm of them to get a nice snug fit so pretty happy with how it looks.

From taking of the bumper I noticed the front nearside arch trim was knackered as the rear mounts had broken off. I know most would tigerseal it etc. Didnt want to do that so went and got complete new trim so marked the wing accordingly for realignment and whipped it off.

Trim changed

Tempted to do them all now but the others are fine just need a clean up

Got some tigra door handles to fit soon and few other bits and pieces
mark106mark

17th Mar 14 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missioned on with the door handles. First one took me about 40 minutes but the 2nd one literally took me half that at the most.

I never thought a stupid silly mod like this would make much difference. It actually feels like a door handle now when I pull it and not a horrible flimsey piece of plastic

[Edited on 17-03-2014 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

20th Mar 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got hold of a tigra scuttle panel off a member on here so whipped off the old one and gave it a good clean out before fitting the new one

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016) 23 database queries in 0.1926241 seconds