corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)
mark106mark

User status: Offline
1st Aug 15 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost there now boys

Bonnet is done and looks sweeeeet (I think anyway lol)

Spoiler is also done so just piecing it together slowly.

Pic of the bonnet

I love this pic and this is how she stands

oJNAo
Premium Member

1st Aug 15 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine bay looks stunning mate you've got a nice motor there. Do the monaco seats have much padding?
Baskey

1st Aug 15 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the engine bay mate
mark106mark

1st Aug 15 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers boys, glad I went red hosing now as its a bit different from the blue and looks good.

The seats don't have much padding to be honest but I don't drive it enough to to bother me. I have done a couple of long drives however and slapped a pillow on the bottom
mark106mark

1st Aug 15 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the bonnet back and all aligned which took a few attempts to get right but we got there in the end.

Plumbed in the scuttle and water hoses etc and set off for my MOT

Felt wierd to drive it again after so long but drove lovely. The MOT station was just down the road only around 2 miles or so.

Spoke to the MOT tester for a little while, never used this particular place before but the body shop recommended him and to be fair it was the closest from the unit.

Car passed with flying colours, the MOT tester who must have been 50 loved it, said it was extremely clean and hopes to see it againn next year!

So with that all sorted annd the ticket in my hand I went for a drive. Took it steady for a fair few miles as the engine hasnt run properly for some time but slowly began opening it up and what can I say

Its certainly not a finished project though I still have a list of things I want to get done over the winter for ready for next year. Im just going to enjoy the summer though no and drive her on nice days
Col004

1st Aug 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great buddy... Well in mate
mark106mark

3rd Aug 15 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the girl a good clean up on the outside

Couldn't resist a good drive out this evening, probably covered round 60-70 miles. Had to top her up with the good stuff though

Cheeky pic

Think i need to set the camber up sometime since its build back up......

[Edited on 03-08-2015 by mark106mark]
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark106mark
Cheers boys, glad I went red hosing now as its a bit different from the blue and looks good.

The seats don't have much padding to be honest but I don't drive it enough to to bother me. I have done a couple of long drives however and slapped a pillow on the bottom

Fair enough then haha, guess I'll give a blue set going on FB a miss then as mine's a daily
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RS vents are certainly a nice touch too
mark106mark

5th Aug 15 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks bud, was a gamble but I like them
Jambo

5th Aug 15 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it's sorted!

How are you finding it?
mark106mark

12th Aug 15 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Glad it's sorted!

How are you finding it?

Its spot on Jambo at the moment. I have plans to uprate the brakes amongsta few other things. Ive driven it work a few times when the weather is good and it behaves well. Im thinking about relocating the battery to the boot aswell....
mark106mark

25th Oct 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So no recent updates as ive been out enjoying the car as opposed to working on it for a change. I have aquired some parts however and ive recently begun stripping the front end back down in preperation for some powder coating etc

I'll be on catch ups with this over next couple of weeks and put up some pictures.

Whilst driving it around over last few months I did make an under vent cover for the offside RS vent. It sat above the filter basically and although I prefer the dry miles for obvious reasons I was worried about rain water getting into the filter.

I ordered a sheet of stainless steel, cut it accordingly and managed to screw it to the underside.

Its not great look from under the bonnet but it pops out with 2 screws for shows.

Works perfectly too

mark106mark

30th Oct 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided it was time to have good garage clearout with a view to revampt it all for the winter.

I been toying with the idea for ages so I cracked on, well happy with how it looks and will make working on the car over the winter much better

mark106mark

10th Dec 15 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a huge update although things are a little further than the pictures suggest. Basically started stripping it back down for the winter project.

Need to remove all the bits I want powder coated

[Edited on 03-01-2016 by mark106mark]
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous of this, If I could have any colour B it would be star silver. I really do like it, not overdone looking nice and simple.
mark106mark

3rd Jan 16 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jason

So got the engine supported and got off all the bits I want powder coated inc both front engine mounts.

Im having everything apart from the anti roll bar done in black inc the bailey header tank.

I bought a new nearside engine mount, figured they are cheap enough so why not whist its all off. I have done the silione thing to it also.

I also bought a new ICV valve aswell, more fo rpiece of mind than anything else tbh. Wasnt as bad to fit as i had imagined either

[Edited on 03-01-2016 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

10th Jan 16 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only minor issues ive ever had with this car is the wiring......its so old now that the cables sometimes break or get damaged especially where they go into the bosch connectors.

After much thought I decied to remove the entire engine loom

Im going to do a complete refurb on it and replace all the connectors........hope it works after

Ive never done something quite like this before so took my time removing everything and labelled it all up accordingly

The benefits of recently becoming single is that my loom has been relocated to my dining room table......and no one can moan about it!

Everything set up, set about ordering all the parts I needed well as far as the bosch plugs go. I'm gong to match the wiring colours so ill have to order that alongthe way ensuring its the correct amp etc etc

Im going to also use this opportunity to make some subtle loom extentions so that noting is under duress and to tidy things up a little.......

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by mark106mark]
Mark.W

10th Jan 16 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work,im not too keen on the RS bonnet vents but it serves a purpose at the end of the day

Is the new ICV a Bosh one? if so how much was it if you don't mind me asking
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow must run like hell!

I always wanted this engine in my calibra, whats it pumping out and what gearbox did u use?
mark106mark

10th Jan 16 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Nice work,im not too keen on the RS bonnet vents but it serves a purpose at the end of the day

Is the new ICV a Bosh one? if so how much was it if you don't mind me asking

It was a gamble but luckily I like it. Genuine one was £130ish, mines not genuine tbh but I have 2 genuinne ones as spares.....
mark106mark

10th Jan 16 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eyeopen
wow must run like hell!

I always wanted this engine in my calibra, whats it pumping out and what gearbox did u use?

Not had it on the rollers since all the mods were done but guessing around 300bhp. I pan to find out this year!

f20 with quaiffe diff....
mark106mark

15th Jan 16 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress is slow, started finding some rather interesting repairs..............will be perfect once ive finished though!!! I hope!

Ordered a load of bits and cables

mark106mark

18th Jan 16 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main loom is taking some time but whilst waiting for bits.

I made astart modifying the loom for the HID headlights as want to extend some parts etc

slow progress............

mark106mark

23rd Jan 16 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modified the original lighting harness to accomodate the HID kit neatly but kept it to a minimum so things can be reverted if need be

Test fitted the morettes with the modified loom and all is good, slightly different to others ive done due to the hi/low beam but not hard

The rest of the loom is WIP but its getting there slowly....

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016) 23 database queries in 0.2032320 seconds