corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016)
mark106mark

User status: Offline
4th Jul 15 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Jason, they are going to be looking standard basically with just a respray.

The bonnet is a bit of a gamble though as ive gone focus RS vents. This is still being worked on though....
mark106mark

7th Jul 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the seals or strips had been put back on they were all in the boot. I gave them a clean to remove any dust and dirt as cars been sat a while. I then set about laying them out and working out which ones go where. Some were marked which helped but tbh it was pretty straight forward

Im going to build up the rear this week and then concentrate on the front end / engine etc as thats where I want to finish. Im not going to fit the speedlines / morettes unti the winter as I just want it on the road for whats left of the summer........
mark106mark

20th Jul 15 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the basics done and got my bumpers back

Got the catches all on and the doors lined up mint. Then moved onto the interior door cards

Mark.W

21st Jul 15 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along nicely Mark
mark106mark

21st Jul 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Mark

Riht door cards back on and exterior much cleaner. I figured I would do that first then work to the rear of the car before getting the engine and bits done at the front.

I bought a complete new arch kit and ordered the arch bolts etc from vauxhall. Got them fitted up along with the rear bumper.

I then fitten a brand new rear GM plate ight and LED to keep it looking sweeeet

Right next ont the front end. I pkan to do the ollen filter so got a brand new GM one and im replacing the front offside engine mount.......
mark106mark

22nd Jul 15 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive cracked on with a few bits

Fitted the smoked side repeaters and got the old pollen filter out. Gave the scuttle a good clean up and then fitted the GM flter.

I then made a start on the offside engne mount. I had ordered one months ago so it was here ready. Ive done the silicone mod aswell on it to strengthen it up a bit.

Got the sump jacked up to support the weight and then started loosening the bolts. Was dead easy to do with all the front end apart and only took me 10 minutes or so. The mount came with new bolts and washers so they looked nice and shinny
I also fitted a brand new Bosch coolant temp sensor for peace of mind!

Sneak preview of the bonnet with the RS vents.......fingers crossed

More building up to follow

[Edited on 22-07-2015 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

26th Jul 15 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is how it looks atthe start of the day

Ive got new ball joints for both sides to fit. I plan to get all the arms and tie bars done so that I literally can just finish the front end............

With the tie the wheel side built back up I made a concerted effort on the front end

Everything went back on pretty well, as expected I guess. The strenghening plates caused a few minor alterations with the intercooler pipes but nothing major and it coming together nicely...........

Left it like that for now, few other bits required before I start the old girl up
anthcorsa

26th Jul 15 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks class this mate, makes me wanna let mine.
mark106mark

26th Jul 15 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks bud, im glad to have it back from the body shop. Its been a long road but definately worth LET'ing it if you plan to keep the car for some time. I love driving this beast it flys!
anthcorsa

26th Jul 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet it does Mark. My mate had a z20let cross C and that was insanely quick, so I can only imagine what these are like as they're abit lighter etc. Do you manage to get most of the power down when launching?
Jambo

26th Jul 15 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally getting there mate! Keep up the good work, really itching to see this finished.
Mark.W

26th Jul 15 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love builds like this,keep it up Mark
mark106mark

26th Jul 15 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers peeps

Mark W - I'm tempted on those Gaz rears

The car did mid 13's at PVS last year and since then theres a few extra BHP's and I have the quaiffe diff so tht would help the launch I guess.

Its sticks well in a straight line as long as its dry, there a bit of spin in second gear on boost but if you feather it on slightly you get it sticking well and third holds perfect. Supprising considering the tyres are just toyo t1r and the cav slabs are pretty thin.

I never built this for the 1/4 mile though I just cant help myself at PVS which unfortunately my car missed this year although I was definately there

Might be finished by the end of next week boys.....when I say finished I mean MOT'd and on the road. The morettes and speedlines will have to wait till next year I think.........

[Edited on 26-07-2015 by mark106mark]
mark106mark

27th Jul 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got the battery charged and did all the usual checks before trying to fire her up.

Primed the oil for the turbo by removing the fuel relay and craning it over. And then with the relay in nothing happened.

Bit annoyed ended up flattening the battery by constantly turning it over and had to set up some jump leads on the zimmer.

Now the car has been sat a fair few months but regularly turned by hand and sound wise engine seems fine. I appear to be getting fuel at the rail.

I then removed the plugs and gave them a clean. A few other quick tests show zero spark so this must be the problem. I dont have time today to bottom this out and tbh I'm better with mechanics than wiring but I will have a go first myself before I consider other options.

Im tired from work today so not going to start faffing and have a sleep on it. Definately going to be something stupid......

Update tomorrow I hope!
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Jul 15 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be something silly like mine lol
mark106mark

27th Jul 15 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it will be Kieran but can't help but feel annoyed :S I'll get on it tomorrow hopefully
Generation

27th Jul 15 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure relay is properly in? Noticed you said you unplugged it, they can cause weird faults not just fuel.
I used to just unplug coil when priming mine, much easier
mark106mark

29th Jul 15 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Sure relay is properly in? Noticed you said you unplugged it, they can cause weird faults not just fuel.
I used to just unplug coil when priming mine, much easier

Yeah it was in properly and I even tried a spare

So I went back down to the unit and began scratching my head over the possible problem. Tracing the issue back there was no spark coming rght back from the coil so I started stripping back some of the wiring for a closer inspction when I found this mess....

There is a tiny break right as the wire goes into the plug on both the black and brown wires. Pretty hard to see but I know current will jump at any minor opportunity.

I made a temporary repair on the wiring here and took off all the engine earths for a good clean up.

I put it all back together and pretty much prayed this was the issue.

With the battery again recharged I gave it a twist f the key and.................BOOM no it never blew up haha................it started immediately and purred lke a beast. Massive smile back on my face

I've ordered a new Bosch connector as I cant stand corner cutting! So once its back on the road ill do a proper repair on the wiring to the coil plug

MOT is booked for this week so some inspiration to get it all back up together..........

[Edited on 29-07-2015 by mark106mark]
Mark.W

29th Jul 15 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy days
Kieran
Premium Member

29th Jul 15 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Man relief when you here it start ant it
Col004

29th Jul 15 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would do it mate... Hope you sort it

9 times out of ten it's wiring with these old looms.
seanmooney

29th Jul 15 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you buy the connector?

I need one for the MAF as I had same problem with the wires going to the maf plug..
Generation

29th Jul 15 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need any more plugs I have a few spare looms here I used to use for that exact reason. Some Gus have been used, but might have ones you're after
mark106mark

30th Jul 15 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by seanmooney
Where did you buy the connector?

I need one for the MAF as I had same problem with the wires going to the maf plug..

if you search bosch connectors on ebay you will find them........think it was £5 inc postage
mark106mark

30th Jul 15 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With tthe engine start issue sorted I continued with building up the car

Front bumper on, everythibg double checked and then tripple checked and then filled up uthe colant system

Ive started cleaning out the car as it was nice and dusty in the awkward places, starting to finally look like a car again.

Still got the bonnet, scuttle and spoler etc to all sort but its on its way

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 Corsa C20let Project ***Final PVS Push*** (20/06/2016) 23 database queries in 0.1932311 seconds