corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone have any experience of an Avaya IP Office 500?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone have any experience of an Avaya IP Office 500?
Ian W

User status: Offline
28th Nov 13 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to do what I imagined to be a straightforward change, need to change the actual phone number on the system?

Tried tonight at our new factory but didn't work, anyone an Avaya expert?
John

28th Nov 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you do it? I've only had to change stuff on 1 avaya system, had to plug my laptop into ethernet on the back of it, guess the subnet then I had a bit of avaya software and the rest was quite clear iirc.
Ian W

28th Nov 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using the management software, found every instance of the current number and updated it to the new one but call a 'Waiting on Line' message on the phones.

Guessing there is a number setting I have missed, I do the day to day tasks on the system but am far from an expert
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piss of shit that system. i use it currently. You changing the internal or external number?
Ian W

28th Nov 13 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Piss of shit that system. i use it currently. You changing the internal or external number?

External, moving to a new site and it's in a different area code.

There is no guarantee the actual ISDN30 is working though, only have BT's word for that which leaves me little confidence!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To check that the ISDN30 is working, go look at the piece of equipment they installed to terminate the line. It will have LED's on it which are either green or red, green is good
pow
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As willay said, look for the NTE8 box and check it's got a green LED on steady. If it's off then there's no signal on the line (check for 48v over the two incoming wires) or if it's flashing bright dim bright dim it can't detect your equipment
Ian W

30th Nov 13 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ISDN30 box had a had red lights prior to the Avaya being plugged in and then all warning lights went out and it showed just the green power which I believe to mean it was working.

So far, system config looks good and from what I have read it should pick up any ISDN plugged in and allow for an outside line as there is very little to configure when moving from one ISDN to another.

Hopefully just arranged for an temporary PBX box to plug in so we can run some proper tests on the line with BT to confirm all is as it should be.

New Poll