corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who wishes they bought a diesel instead?

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who wishes they bought a diesel instead?
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My trip computer is showing 27mpg at the moment.
antnee

7th Apr 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
vRS got just about exactly the same.

Trip computer says I get 53mpg though, I could use that on the internet instead.

I worked out my MPG every now and then, and find the trip computer isn't too far off (1 or 2 mpg off), my dad calc's his MPG every week as he does between 25 and 30k a year
richc

7th Apr 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by John
vRS got just about exactly the same.

Trip computer says I get 53mpg though, I could use that on the internet instead.

I worked out my MPG every now and then, and find the trip computer isn't too far off (1 or 2 mpg off), my dad calc's his MPG every week as he does between 25 and 30k a year

Ditto
Adam_B

7th Apr 11 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
why will it always handle worse

its not a simple case of replacing a petrol engine with a derv engine thus its heavier and doesnt handle as well.

Suspension changes, steering racks, weight distribution is changed accordingly hence why it should handle any worse than its petrol brother

fuck me i thought you of all people would appreciate and acknowledge that

Obviously they change all that stuff but to what effect on the feel and feedback? I just don't think you can get around a considerably heavier engine without loosing weight from something else. If it makes no difference then chances are the cars quite heavy already, like a new A4, and/or handles shit regardless of what engines in it, someone mentioned already the older shape Ibiza.
whitter45

8th Apr 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Everyone i speak to who own diesels seem to lie about there mpg - ' Yer mate does 55 around town thrashing it everywhere'

Friend said this about his (not anymore) 2.0 tdi sline a3...got it it, was doing about 40. Another friend says it about his 320d, same situation! Do all people with diesel do this?

I get 700 to a tank which equates to around 56mpg all the time and thats fact not going off display thats mileage against number of litres to fill it
adiohead

8th Apr 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If any of us petrol owners started regretting it we could just sell up and buy a diesel

The real question should be: who regrets not buying an electric/hybrid shit car or bicycle?

Or

Who is gonna sell up for a more economical car to save money?

[Edited on 08-04-2011 by adiohead]
pow
Premium Member

8th Apr 11 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do love the people who lie about their MPG

[Edited on 08-04-2011 by pow]
Fro

8th Apr 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
i get 20mpg out of mine around mk but i dont care because its a good laugh

Thats because theres so many fucking roundabouts.

Edit: I'm getting 23.7 atm

[Edited on 08-04-2011 by fro-dizzle]
Simon_16v

8th Apr 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
But they are both exactly the same car, just different engines.

I'd of gone for the diesel too as there just wasn't really any benefit on getting the petrol version because they both handled badly.

On AP coilovers mine isn't so bad now
3CorsaMeal

8th Apr 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i use a magic tree i put one in the back of car as well, to keep the weight distribution as even as possible
R Lee

8th Apr 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
if i use a magic tree i put one in the back of car as well, to keep the weight distribution as even as possible

I have 2 Jelly Bean air fresheners which favour the passenger side of the centre console.
Equal weight distribution
Graham88

8th Apr 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
MK6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 petrol
MK6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

There are 2 petrol ZS's in the village next to mine and both cant keep up with mine and thats with the wife driving both the lads thought it was an ST at first and refused to accept it was a diesel

In fairness that's one of the few cars where the diesel one is better purely because you can remap the engine. The Fiesta chassis is so good having a Diesel engine upfront makes no difference.

I am getting about 30mpg out of mine atm which is pretty good but I've been mostly cruising about, with petrol prices these days I do actually think about when to put my foot down instead of all the time. I think the biggest problem with petrol turbo cars is you feel the urge to blast every now and again just for the noise, whereas when driving Diesel it doesn't make a nice noise or anything so why would you bother, which gets better MPG
John

8th Apr 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just about any diesel turbo remaps well.
A2H GO

8th Apr 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
I think some people need to except that diesels are as good as petrols, not all diesels are 'fun' to drive, but at the same time not all petrols are!

What diesel is as good as a petrol?

MK6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 petrol
MK6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

Fiest Zetec S 1.6 TDCi is the top of the range diesel Fiesta, whereas the 1.6 petrol is not.
Jambo

8th Apr 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

M8, if you haven't put the back seats down you may as well be driving around with a lead weight in the back.

I pit mine down before id even got it home, suprised they don't come like that from the factory tbh

<<  6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who wishes they bought a diesel instead? 23 database queries in 0.0296121 seconds