corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiat 500's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fiat 500's
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
25th Jan 13 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wife now has decided she would like a fiat 500! Had a look at one in a local garage to check they would be big enough for our needs and was suprise how big they felt and the boot was!

Initially looked at the 1.2 lounge with the view to buy new; or nearly new. Im not sure I would really want to drive that myself as a bit camp and just think its going to sound like a washing machine on full spin on a run!

I have now been looking at the Abarth and found a private 12 plate with 6500 miles for a good price at the top end of our budget which I would prefer; but still not 100% convinced on a Fiat!!!

She currentley has a 120d M Sport which I love to drive; but now we have a 3 series estate she thinks she can get away with something smaller I just think it will feel crap compaired to the BMW!

Not really had first hand experince with a fiat; or never been in or driven a 500 so wondered what peoples thoughts were on them

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by NovaGTE2]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

overpriced, better off with a mini

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
NovaGTE2

25th Jan 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mini feels smaller inside and also the boot is too small for what we need
Jambo

25th Jan 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh? Mini is like twice price of a 500!!

500's are awesome. My aunty has a 500c lounge (1.2)

I adore it. Brilliant little car, an experience every time you drive it
SteveoBC
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan of 500

basically a panda with a new exterior panels to make look like a 500

one of my friends had one as a loan car, we both hated it, she ended up buying a new fiesta zetec s diesel in white, miles better than the fiat
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
not a fan of 500

one of my friends had one as a loan car, we both hated it, she ended up buying a new fiesta zetec s diesel in white, miles better than the fiat

this is what i mean, you are paying for the hype, not for a good quality car.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get the 1.2. So slow. Missus has a lounge 1.4 and was nice. Pretty nippy with the sport button. 100bhp I think.

Good cars but I would get one in warranty and the boot is tiny.
Scotty_B

25th Jan 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not a fan of 500

This makes more sense and the new re-styled Fiesta is
SteveoBC
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty_B
quote:
not a fan of 500

This makes more sense and the new re-styled Fiesta is

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

this is what i mean, you are paying for the hype, not for a good quality car.

Exactly tom, a turd with a bow on it doesnt come away from the fact its still a turd lol

Plus the new diesel in them is nippy plus give way better fuel economy than the 1.2 petrol which you will end up revving the nuts off to get anywhere

plus just to add insult to injury for the fiat, she had the 500 for a few days and the rear exhaust started falling apart literally, had to call up the hire car firm let them know and put all the bits in the boot lol

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by SteveoBC]
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not THAT bad

It's a nice looking car that's popular... Mini's are stupidly overpriced for a car that rides like shit, are noisy and have uncomfy seats.

They will be reliable - 100000 times more than they were 10 years ago, the Alfa is now over 50k and hasn't put a foot wrong really!

1.2 is crap though, get a 1.4 or the 1.3 JTD

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by pow]
corsa - gus

25th Jan 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a new shape swift sport I was very sceptical but test drove one and ended up buying one. And I'd say its definitely the most fun car I have ever had Bit brutal on fuel right enough and not all that quick but its nippy enough. Also a fair bit cheaper than the 500's
SteveoBC
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's not THAT bad

It's a nice looking car that's popular... Mini's are stupidly overpriced for a car that rides like shit, are noisy and have uncomfy seats.

They will be reliable - 100000 times more than they were 10 years ago, the Alfa is now over 50k and hasn't put a foot wrong really!

1.2 is crap though, get a 1.4 or the 1.3 JTD

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by pow]

I cant complain about my cooper D company car, handles alright to me, not noisy and never had a noisy seat?? but then again mines a 62 plate an iv only put 8k miles on it from new tbf

but on the other hand i probs wouldnt pay the amount they are after for a new one lol, thats why i said the new fiesta, not badly priced for what they are and feel better put together than the panda/500
Jambo

25th Jan 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500 is a competitor to the KA not a fiesta. Like comparing a 3series to a Eclass?

500 is a small city car, that has great visibility, tiny dimensions and a large interior (given size of car)

Its not a large vehicle, so unsuprisingly it has a small boot. Unsuprisingly its not a sports car and yet more unsuprisingly its cheap as its a small Fiat.

Looks way cooler than any other small car (KA, Picanto etc)

Pointless comparing to larger rivals. You need the Punto for that.
Jambo

25th Jan 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Aunty has had her lounge (1.2) from new and not had a single problem with it in a year to add to internetting going on here.

Can lease one for the price of some peoples mobile bills:

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/solent-vehicle-leasing/fiat/500/11701512/

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by Jambo]
Toby
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

funny you should say that. One of my ex's was looking at 500's and ended up in a mini.
Brett
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter what model it is, you'll look like a puff in a 500.
BeetleGav

25th Jan 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sister got the diesel when they first came out. Was such a shit car, cut out on the motorway in the fast lane, endless oil leaks, bad fuel economy. Spent most of the ownership in the garage while driving a panda.

Such a shame because they look fantastic
Edges 58

25th Jan 13 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus had a 1.2 pop.. She rolled it twice into a ditch and was a total write off. She got out straight away without a scratch so they're pretty safe. Also did 52mpg average and was nippy enough round town.. No problem sitting at 80-90 on the motorway (obviously takes longer to get there than a bigger engined car) Only bad point was the seats aren't comfy when going longer than an hour or so journey.
AndyCorsaSport

25th Jan 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates GF has an Abarth, great fun car. I took it for a blast on some country roads last summer and was quite suprised! Was fun.
kennySRi

25th Jan 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just keep the 120d. I can't see one thing that a 500 would be better at than one of them, and as for the looks there isnt anything much nicer than a 1 series coupe imo.

Saying that if it's a hatch, then yes get rid
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The above lol
Jambo

26th Jan 13 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want an Abarth
A2H GO

26th Jan 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:

funny you should say that. One of my ex's was looking at 500's and ended up in a mini.

Same we looked at both, there surprisingly wasn't much in the the used price, not double as Jambo says.

For looks, reliability, and build quality, performance, economy and residuals you're better off with a mini, even if it's a slightly older one (but still the new, shape).
Chris x

26th Jan 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I want an Abarth
baza31

26th Jan 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiat 500s are more of a retro fashion accessory IMO. Well over priced. Also don't know ncap rating but they don't like bumps . Go test drive a new polo, I bought a new one for mrs last Xmas and its by far the best small car I've drove ,1.2 3 cylinder , cheap to run. Ill guarantee you will be shocked. I've just taken a deposit on hers only has 1400 miles on . Avoid the 500

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiat 500's 23 database queries in 0.1076069 seconds