corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Remortgage valuation appeal.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remortgage valuation appeal.
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 13 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever appealed a valuation?

Basically my remortgage has failed due to the fact I valued it at 158000 and they have valued it at 150000. Meaning I don't meet the ltv by 4-5k

Properties on my estate are rarely on the market. They are only 8 years old. They have said if I can find 3 similar properties selling over my valuation they will reconsider

This year there's been 2 sales On the whole estate. 1 4 bedroom and 1 2 bedroom. The 2 bed sold for 12k more than its initial sale price. The 4 bed sold for 26k more than original selling price.

So. My property was sold for 149500 when It was built. I thought my 8k gain in comparison to the other sales was reasonable to go in at.

What else can I do as there isn't enough sales to appeal it. But the rate saving over the term is 70k compared to what I'm on now!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
AndyKent

28th Nov 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just value it based upon what you want it to be.

Search harder and wider. Consider other properties within the same town/locality with similar features to yours (ie. new build, same bedrooms, similar parking/garens etc.).
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get some estate agents round to value. Tell them you are thinking of moving though. Mention remo and they won't even turn up.

Once you get them in writing then go back to the lender.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
John

28th Nov 13 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are lenders interested in estate agent valuations? In my experience they are no better than guessing.
jrsteeve

29th Nov 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u me your postcode and email address, i'll send over a rightmove report going back a few years. That should show anything put on the market within a certain radius (would recommend 1/4 mile max) and also some info on sales prices.

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by jrsteeve]
whitter45

29th Nov 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
u2u me your postcode and email address, i'll send over a rightmove report going back a few years. That should show anything put on the market within a certain radius (would recommend 1/4 mile max) and also some info on sales prices.

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by jrsteeve]

cant he do that himself

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices.html
Dan
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I've done all that. Properties local to our estate are not compareable. They are all very old or council houses. I'm on a new estate right next to the hospital. Which attracts mainly doctors to buy/rent.

jrsteeve

29th Nov 13 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, doesn't show what's been marketed, when, what price and if it sold.
John

29th Nov 13 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Propertybee probably will?
jrsteeve

29th Nov 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ I give up then.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, let the guy help him out if he can
Marc

29th Nov 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without any rood rage replies, what is jrsteve able to do that no one else can, do you work in the industry and have access to some intranet?
Brett
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rood rage reply?

Steve owns an estate agent, so he may very well have access to resources that others don't. Besides, he's offering his services for free, don't really see why it's a big issue.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's no issue to me lol. I've sent him what he needs.

Marc

29th Nov 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Steve owns an estate agent, so he may very well have access to resources that others don't. Besides, he's offering his services for free, don't really see why it's a big issue.

Thats why I was asking. No issue, just now his post makes sense.
jrsteeve

30th Nov 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Thats why I was asking. No issue, just now his post makes sense.

Lol no worries, sent the report over to Dan, should be enough to get the valuation up. Indeed I run an agency so do have access to marketing information that most surveyors and banks don't.

New Poll