corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone using a Unifi Wireless Solution?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone using a Unifi Wireless Solution?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 13 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a pack of 3 AC (A/B/G/N/AC) access points from UniFi and set one up - seems really nice. Anyone else running that system? If I roll it out I'm looking at a saving of £15k over a Cisco/Meraki/Ruckus setup
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading about them lately and they look really good. The only thing that isn't so sexy is the non standard implementation of 802.3af so please double check that, as a pack of inline power adapters can bring the cost up.

Read a thread on NANOG the other day where everyone is singing their praises in comparison to Cisco etc

Also read about users running the (free) management software in a VM, as it doesn't need a server/dedicated controller appliance, so just have a single VM setup (can even use Linux) and have it running the management/controller GUI 24/7

Who did you buy the pack off? I really want to get some of their kit to play with.

Also worth noting that Nismo off here used Unifi quite abit for his CCTV solutions I believe, he is the one who pointed me in their direction a while ago when I was looking at doing a 800m p2p wireless link.

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by willay]

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by willay]
pow
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the Pro AC's that have a standard 48v PoE and I'm powering them off my Netgear ProSafe PoE switches at the moment. I got a 3 pack from LinITX, just over £600 ex VAT. Plus, mine came with 3 power injectors?

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by pow]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad deal that with the injectors! Never really read into the UAP-Pro specs but just compared them to the normal UAP and its quite sick keep me update pls
pow
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gunna have boxes full of bloody power injectors though I suppose they're 48v so can be used for anything! Gunna move one on Sunday to see if anyone notices

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by pow]

New Poll