corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
whitter45

User status: Offline
20th Nov 14 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems clear though that Alonso is at Mcclaren which is a huge positive for the sport

I like vettel and think he will do well at Ferrari

I love Alonso but cannot stand McClaren but would sonner him be in the sport than not racing
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren*
Dave

20th Nov 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*McLaren
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I put the L as a capital. Ah well, that's phones for you.
Jambo

20th Nov 14 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/30134015

Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cole

20th Nov 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jensons reaction to alonsos question was better as was alonsos reaction himself
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not feeling well at all, been so nervous all week - constantly need a poo today and I'm up to 3 Abu Dhabi dreams this week already. None of which went well.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a dream about it too. Pretty sad really

It wasn't factually correct points wise, but basically Rosberg finished 5th and Hamilton 6th. Hamilton won the title with 196 points to Rosberg's 195.

MX5 Project Thread
Jambo

21st Nov 14 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous of being excited

As a Kimi fan I am just going to be glad to see the back of this season

Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In mine last night, Lewis followed Nico round till the first stops - jumped him in the stops then outbraked himself and snapped a wishbone in the wall. Trundled back to pits and got into an LMP car, finished the race in 6th and lost the WDC.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom130691
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
McLaren have a new front wing here this weekend. It's the work of new chief engineer Peter Prodromou, who they hired earlier this year from Red Bull, where he was the right-hand man of design guru Adrian Newey.
As Andrew Benson mentioned earlier, the new wing bears a striking resemblance to that on the Red Bull, as you can see here on this split graphic.
Dave

21st Nov 14 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I said earlier that McLaren were quietly assembling a very potent backroom staff, if they get Fernando and the Honda unit is up to speed from the word go they'll be a real force next year.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

quote:
McLaren have a new front wing here this weekend. It's the work of new chief engineer Peter Prodromou, who they hired earlier this year from Red Bull, where he was the right-hand man of design guru Adrian Newey.
As Andrew Benson mentioned earlier, the new wing bears a striking resemblance to that on the Red Bull, as you can see here on this split graphic.

So copying old tech instead of innovating, good move
Ben G

21st Nov 14 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats pretty much what everyone in f1 does you pleb, hence why everyone stands around the car at the start of the season to shield things.
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is this guy on?

http://youtu.be/DWL2B_CDYes?t=5m20s

MX5 Project Thread
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Thats pretty much what everyone in f1 does you pleb, hence why everyone stands around the car at the start of the season to shield things.

What so everyone copies the best cars then yeah? Who does the best car copy
Ben G

21st Nov 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One car usually brings out the good stuff (think double diffuser etc) then everyone copies.

It's just how it works. Red bulls aero is clearly the best on the grid so might aswell copy it if your aero is shit.
JonnyJ

22nd Nov 14 at 05:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am a nervous wreck and to top it all off i got back from holiday yesterday and when i plugged my TV back in, it blew up

So im relying on SkyGo and an old, decrepit laptop. Good start

Anyone else a bit nervous about Lewis starting ahead of Nico? Just gives him the option to "make an error" into one of Lewis' rear tyres. I think I'd rather Lewis started 2nd and just stayed there, 4 seconds back

Wont get to see quali until i get back from work later either, this is horrendous.
JonnyJ

22nd Nov 14 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw everyone should read this by Will Buxton. Superb piece on Lewis

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/the-contenders-lewis-hamilton/

Also his Nico one

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/the-contenders-nico-rosberg/

Very interesting insight into both of them and how they really are off track. Certainly the Lewis haters will feel uncomfortable reading his. Great to see unbiased, no bullshit journalism for once.
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Nov 14 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I am a nervous wreck and to top it all off i got back from holiday yesterday and when i plugged my TV back in, it blew up

So im relying on SkyGo and an old, decrepit laptop. Good start

Anyone else a bit nervous about Lewis starting ahead of Nico? Just gives him the option to "make an error" into one of Lewis' rear tyres. I think I'd rather Lewis started 2nd and just stayed there, 4 seconds back

Wont get to see quali until i get back from work later either, this is horrendous.

id rather lewis to start second, but i dont trust him to not go for the win anyway
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 14 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Btw everyone should read this by Will Buxton. Superb piece on Lewis

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/the-contenders-lewis-hamilton/

Also his Nico one

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/the-contenders-nico-rosberg/

Very interesting insight into both of them and how they really are off track. Certainly the Lewis haters will feel uncomfortable reading his. Great to see unbiased, no bullshit journalism for once.

Says the Lewis fan...

I really don't understand your constant need to defend him against the haters... You support a football team, right, and all the others are shit I take it? No different, but you don't go telling everyone else they're wrong to dislike them, do you?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 14 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't understand why you wouldn't support the British guy. It's like supporting Argentina in the world cup. What connection can you have with foreign drivers
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 14 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So support Button or Chilton ()

How many people have a connection with the football team they support? How many Chelsea fans are actually from Chelsea?

To be honest, it makes more sense to support a tean rather than a driver, you don't get people changing football team when their favourite player moves on...

Most of the teams are UK based (and originate from old UK teams) so you could argue that you're supporting your country if you support most of them.
Marc

22nd Nov 14 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Lewis dies in a fireball. The cunt.

Come on Button, have the drive of your life if its your last race in F1. Still baffles me that McClaren are going with Magnussen who hasn't performed as well as Button. Clearly going for the cheaper option.

<<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0438108 seconds