corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  108    109    110    111    112  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Cole

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats it lewis champ for definite
Dave

23rd Nov 14 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 14 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

23rd Nov 14 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally!

It means so much to him. The guys been through a nightmare this season.
Jambo

23rd Nov 14 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant race. So tense.

Well deserved champion. Congrats
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Nov 14 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so fucking happy. Its been an absolute pleasure watching Lewis this year.

2xWDC

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

23rd Nov 14 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nico Rosberg's race engineer: "Box, box, box, too many problems with the car.

Nico Rosberg: "I'd like to go to the end.

Nico Rosberg's race engineer: "Standby, standby ... continue."

Wanted to go out properly, fair play
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Nov 14 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Nico Rosberg's race engineer: "Box, box, box, too many problems with the car.

Nico Rosberg: "I'd like to go to the end.

Nico Rosberg's race engineer: "Standby, standby ... continue."

Wanted to go out properly, fair play

Yep, clawed a little more respect back with that one.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

23rd Nov 14 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone see Jenson doing donuts?

That's him gone then.
Ben G

23rd Nov 14 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to Nico for that. Must have been so demoralising being lapped by the champion.

Hopefully they can repair their friendship over winter.
Dave

23rd Nov 14 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to Nico, conducted himself really well at the end there.
Jambo

23rd Nov 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Fair play to Nico, conducted himself really well at the end there.

His post race interview was humbling. Top sportsmen (now)
Jambo

23rd Nov 14 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL @ Toto saying they are going to take the nightclub to pieces

And Lauda being his usual matter of fact self, brilliant.
Dave

23rd Nov 14 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother is there at the moment, stopped at the hotel over the track and going to Amber Lounge tonight. He's been putting photos on FB of Harry, Nikki Lauda, standing with the trophy etc, git!

Notice Lewis's haters have lost all their logins again too
Cole

23rd Nov 14 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that hotel is pretty cheap to stay at been looking into it but I expect the price quadruples for gp weekend
whitter45

24th Nov 14 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done to Lewis k the best driver won the Championship but still think Nico is up there in terms of ability and pace

Lets hope the other teams can bring something to the table next year
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
My brother is there at the moment, stopped at the hotel over the track and going to Amber Lounge tonight. He's been putting photos on FB of Harry, Nikki Lauda, standing with the trophy etc, git!

Notice Lewis's haters have lost all their logins again too

Need Pics

Did I ever tell you guys about my encounters in Austin? I've got some pictures somewhere...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a massive WDC worthy hangover but it was most definitely worth it.

I'm hoping 2014 goes someway to dismissing some LH myths... but I doubt it will:

- Can't look after tyres/fuel
- Can't adapt to the new rules and more complex cars
- Chokes in WDC deciding situations (that launch )

To be fair, another myth that may be wiped off is that Lewis is the fastest over one lap. Nico has had a fantastic year of qualifying, will be interesting to see if that remains consistent next year.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

24th Nov 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow. Incredible. Had to run off to work almost as soon as the chequered flag dropped which was a pain but still, incredible feeling, so chuffed for the lad, fully deserved it and hopefully a huge weight of expectation has been lifted from his shoulders, he was always capable of being a multiple world champion and now he is one, lovely stuff. Hope Prince Harry will be on the blower to Grandma if he gets his 3rd...

The race itself was decent, quite tense. Lewis' launch was just...WTF. Had me instantly dancing around the living room I knew only reliability could stop him then. When Nico hit trouble though, images of canada started flying into my head, especially when Lewis started falling into Massa's clutches. Thought Nico dealt with the situation well, I'd have been flying off the handle on the radio so he did well to stay as calm as he did. Even though he wasnt in a position to win it anyway, it must have been a pretty low, sinking feeling, fair play for wanting to finish too, cant have been easy, especially when Lewis lapped him. Great drive from Ric, again. Pit lane to 4th is pretty impressive. Boy is good, very good. I give Button a lot of stick on here [mainly to wind up those who love him] but good race from him too, in fact his last few races, Austin aside have been good. Feel a bit sorry for him really, aye hes boring but hes beasted his team mate this season, something i said he wouldnt do so fair play. I can see why Mac are letting him go though, you cant have Alonso and Button on the same payroll. I'd be getting Vandoorne in now to partner Alonso.

Loved Lewis with the Union Jack at the end, superb stuff, imagine if that was your flag, i think I'd have died on the spot

Great season i thought, though F1 constantly tries to shoot itself in the foot with its ridiculous ways of giving out money which is killing smaller teams, silly rule changes mid season and double points theres actually a core of a superb sport in there because the racing is good and it'll be even better when the others start to catch the Merc's. I know this season was always predictable in terms of who would be running upfront but some of the midfield action was spectacular. Some great battles with Alonso/Vettel/Ricciardo/Vergne/Button/Magnusson/Bottas/Massa. The cars are spot on in terms of downforce to power ratio, squirming around under acceleration, they looked like a real challenge to drive, which is how they should be. I've really enjoyed watching the cars this year. Even the noise, yes its quieter and it'll never be a screaming V10 but different isnt always worse. Hearing the crowds reaction has been brilliant, the screeching of the tyres under lock up, theres just as much aural drama as before.

This season has had some of the best races ive ever watched. Bahrain for example had me on my knees in the final laps, ridiculously tense. Canada with Ricciardo trying to get past Perez and Rosberg limping on at the front. Hungary/Germany with Lewis' ridiculous recovery drives from the back. Singapore and the safety car that led to Lewis having to pull out numerous quali laps in a row. There was more good races than bad though maybe as a Lewis fan, thats easier to say. Unfortunately, some low points too, particularly Jules Bianchi's horrible crash which has really left a big, black mark on what was otherwise a brilliant year.

Shout out to Pirelli too who i think absolutely nailed the tyres this year, Russia aside and the DRS is just powerful enough to work, but not so powerful that as soon as you get it the overtake is done.

Looking forward to next year already. Seb at Ferrari, the new McLaren/Honda link up with Alonso, another Lewis/Nico season long battle, can Williams step it up another notch? Hopefully getting myself along to at least 1, hopefully 2 races next season too

[Edited on 24-11-2014 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

24th Nov 14 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've got a massive WDC worthy hangover but it was most definitely worth it.

I'm hoping 2014 goes someway to dismissing some LH myths... but I doubt it will:

- Can't look after tyres/fuel
- Can't adapt to the new rules and more complex cars
- Chokes in WDC deciding situations (that launch )

To be fair, another myth that may be wiped off is that Lewis is the fastest over one lap. Nico has had a fantastic year of qualifying, will be interesting to see if that remains consistent next year.

Another one to add to the list of made up bollocks

-Lewis is mentally weak and will crack if its not going his way

That one too can be filed under complete garbage. How many times did he have to come back from disappointments this season? Australia, Monaco, Canada, Austria, GB quali, Germany, Hungary, Spa, Monza start. Im not sure how he kept his head up because i thought the chance was gone several times. Proved he has great mental strength and isnt going to crumble when the going gets tough
Dave

24th Nov 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari have sacked Mattiachi.

Is it too early for a 2015 thread yet?
Jambo

24th Nov 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mentally weak is a bit harsh, but his demeanour and coping mechanisms where toxic. His reactions in Monaco where showing this 100%. So I would call it a weakness, all drivers have them.

He has come on leaps and bounds since then, constantly striving to better himself and knowing what he has to do to improve rather than just moping like a little girl.

Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one drafted up at home with the calendar, pictures and and a bit of Lewis gloating

Want me to post it up later today?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I think mentally weak is a bit harsh, but his demeanour and coping mechanisms where toxic. His reactions in Monaco where showing this 100%. So I would call it a weakness, all drivers have them.

He has come on leaps and bounds since then, constantly striving to better himself and knowing what he has to do to improve rather than just moping like a little girl.

RE: Monaco, did it affect his performance at all? He didn't do anything stupid, just cruised and collected. I'm not sure it can be called a weakness unless it has a negative impact on his performance.

Time and time again this season he's had disappointment and quite major setbacks to his WDC campaign - and has come back strongly the next session/weekend/whatever.

Other than giving the Daily Mail fodder, I can't say that his (very transparent) demeanor has hurt him at all thus year.

I think Nico has dealt with stuff far worse, and has been nothing short of cringeworthy in many interviews etc.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

24th Nov 14 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad he's gone. No way does he have the experience for the job.

<<  108    109    110    111    112  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0457408 seconds