corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  104    105    106    107    108    109    110  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
9th Nov 14 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managing the gap, my arse Who manages a gap to 4 tenths? Wish he'd just be honest for once, people might not boo him then.

Good race i thought, especially the Lewis recovery from his spin. He'd have probably done it had it not been for that, hes got Nico sorted. As soon as they switch to the mediums he can reel him in at will.

Car finishes with no issues in Abu Dhabi and Great Britain has a new double F1 World Champion. COME ON!
Jamie-C

9th Nov 14 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis is so unlucky though his brakes will probably fail or something or other
Ben G

9th Nov 14 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's because he's literally the last of the last brakers.

I'd like to see a piece on the sky pad comparing the braking positions into the first corner. Guarantee Lewis is top.
JonnyJ

9th Nov 14 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nowt Lewis can do about mech failures or punctures, so long as he drives well, thats all you can ask. Hes leading the Championship, despite having twice the number of issues than Nico has had this season and in any other year he'd be going into this race needing to finish 6th to guarantee the title.

I hope Abu Dhabi is the most boring, predictable race thats ever happened
Ben G

9th Nov 14 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you can't say Lewis doesn't deserve it. He's had a nightmare first half of the season and came through it fighting and winning.

He divides opinion because people don't like his attitude and say he should be happy all the time.

Yeah, losers say that. Winners want to win! 2nd place is the 1st place loser.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 14 at 00:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe the saying is: 2nd place is first of the losers

I'm going to gradually turn fucking mental over the next two weeks, I'm not going to be a nice person to be around

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Nov 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Yeah you can't say Lewis doesn't deserve it. He's had a nightmare first half of the season and came through it fighting and winning.

He divides opinion because people don't like his attitude and say he should be happy all the time.

Yeah, losers say that. Winners want to win! 2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Hes driving the best I've ever seen him. After all the shit he got in 11 and 'experts' saying he could never manage tyres, or think through a race, or keep it on the track, he hasnt half made them look stupid. Race wise hes been faultless this season, i think the spin in yesterdays race was probably the first mistake hes made all year. His qualifying has been a bit hit and miss but i think to criticise Lewis for this would be doing an injustice to Rosberg who has done a fantastic job in that respect all season.

With regards to dividing opinion, hes probably one of, if not the most, popular driver on the grid with the fans, he gets massive support everywhere he goes, you only have to listen to the cheers when he takes pole, or overtakes Rosberg for the win to know that the proper fans of F1 love they guy. It's only dickheads over here that decided to form an opinion of him early doors during a tough season, who have now become so entrenched in their opinion of him that they cannot bring themselves to change it, despite overwhelming evidence that hes actually a really nice bloke. He could give a thousand interviews like yesterday where he was massively complimentary about the driver who beat him, didnt blame anyone other than himself for the mistake and still they'd only mention the one interview where he was short with his answers because he was upset with his performance, something literally every driver on the grid does when it doesnt go well for them. Their loss, it will be a while before Britain produces anyone that comes close to the talent of Lewis again.

I just hope he gets the title he deserves this year. As we all know though, theres not a lot of justice in F1, so its firmly in the lap of the reliability gods, who have never been that kind to Lewis in the past
Steve
Premium Member

10th Nov 14 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also looking like only one brit on the grid next season!
Rob_Quads

10th Nov 14 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good race from Rosbergs but also Hamilton. Quite a few have been saying that Hamilton messed up burning through his tyres causing the spin but the fact is it was the teams fault. Up till this race when he's told to put his foot down its been a 1 lap hammer where he takes everything out the tyres.....and does so but the problem came because the team gave the call early this time and he needed to do two laps except they didn't tell his. This when he was not ordered in he wasabit screwed. Yes he could have just cruised back but that's not the way racers drive

Finger crossed that the chamionship is won by real driving and not double points or mech failure

As for all the 3-car news that's all becoming a bit real. Not sure I like the idea. Would prefer the current Redbull scenario where you have junior teams
Ben G

10th Nov 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting...

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/12479/9559195/mclaren-to-run-b-car-in-abu-dhabi
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very interesting, I'll piss my pants if it's 2secs faster than the field.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

10th Nov 14 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same, although it'll only be fp1 by the sounds of it.

Would still be good though as it could stir things up between Merc and Mclaren.
JonnyJ

11th Nov 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone remember this from last year?

Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Nov 14 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How wrong he was.

Seb has barely got to see the back of a Merc

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Nov 14 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can also verify that signature as being legit

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

11th Nov 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on be fair Kyle. What about Malaysia where he was looking at Rosberg all race or Singapore, got pretty close to Lewis that day (behind the safety car)
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Nov 14 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did say barely

I'm very excited about Seb in a Fezzer next year, I reckon he's got a tough couple of years ahead though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

12th Nov 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
JonnyJ

12th Nov 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I did say barely

I'm very excited about Seb in a Fezzer next year.

Not announced yet, still time for Fred to say he was bluffing all along and see out his remaining year, leaving Seb without a drive

Problem Seb?
Jambo

12th Nov 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said today he is a Ferrari driver.
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Nov 14 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30120317

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

19th Nov 14 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breathing unaided Tbh i'm massively suprised by that!

Still critical and unconcious, but at least theres an improvement, albeit slight.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30128844
Rob_Quads

20th Nov 14 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't see that coming lol
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop the press! This is breaking news!!!

<<  104    105    106    107    108    109    110  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0399029 seconds