corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video
SVM 286

User status: Offline
15th Nov 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
who gives a fuck if this guy bins his car, it's his.

I should imagine anyone with a genuine interest in cars. Would that be fair to assume?
Being as this is a car forum, i'd have thought it would be safe to presume that there would be people registered on here with a genuine appreciation for cars, especially special ones.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You make the analogy of using the Mona. Lisa as a chopping board but it's not really a comparison is it? A fairer analogy would be owning the Mona Lisa, hanging it above your open fireplace with no protective glass cover. It was intended as a painting and it should be viewed as a painting; if I owned it, I'd do exactly this, hang it somewhere others may think would damage it or somehow cause it a disservice but it'd be where I, as the owner, could appreciate it in a way I wanted to. And that Jim is exactly what TaxtheRich is doing, appreciating the cars he owns in the way he sees fit; it's not really of any one else's business but his/their own. At the end of the day, cars were built to be driven, really driven and appreciated. What you would do and what someone else would do is entirely individual. I'd go so far as to say he's actually paying the cars a huge compliment in not letting them sit languishing as museum pieces.
SVM 286

16th Nov 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee, if it's nobody else's business, then why isn't he doing it in complete anonymity?

If I was getting up to shit like this, I certainly wouldn't be filming it. I definitely wouldn't be uploading that film onto an international hosting site.

He's rubbing our noses in it.

I am genuinely surprise. Shocked in fact, at the number of people on a car forum of all places, who think that what he is doing is just dandy.

And I don't think they should languish in a museum either, but like it or not, cars that are worth more than most people's homes, tend to do that, for that very reason.

To do the polar opposite with an example of the same sort of car, is no better in my opinion.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video 22 database queries in 0.0078888 seconds