corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video
SVM 286

User status: Offline
14th Nov 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
It's not as if it's the only one in the world, other people will be doing the whole 'never take it out of the garage' thing with theirs.
Might as well use yours if that's what you want to do.

That's not the point. They shouldn't just sit around. Maybe one or two of each variant for the sake of preservation, if stored correctly. But the rest should be used. They just shouldn't be ABused.

There's plenty of quick stuff around. Use something less fragile and less historically important.
Jambo

14th Nov 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome
big eck

14th Nov 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to think that when these cars were sold there owners ragged the tits off them. You don't buy a car like that to pootle about in. I've just watched it again and its not even that bad. The ground he is driving on looks really flat, better than most proper roads. He does a bit of tail out stuff on wet grass at the start which is nothing and the rest is on level Tarmac. As someone said earlier I've seen expensive classics driven harder at good wood than in that vid.
Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Maybe he finds the veryron good looking? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Anything can be repaired, it's not as if it's being set on fire.

Not anything. Not if the parts are unavailable, or if the car is so comprehensively trashed it's too much to repair. But why make it so it needs to be repaired anyway?

What next, tractor pulling in a vintage F1 car? Demolition Derby in a Bugatti Royale? Jumping seventeen buses in a McLaren F1 GTR?

I'd pay money to watch those.

Did some classic bugatti thing not get crashed at goodwood recently? I'm pretty sure that was a very rare and expensive car.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know Ben. Didn't see/hear anything about it at the festival and didn't go to the revival.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd pay money to watch those.

Oh and by the way.
Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apologies, it was the prescott hill clim. Still, a ''bit'' rarer than a 288

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336273/How-did-walk-away-Driver-crashes-250-000-1924-Bugatti-spectacular-fashion-wanders-beer.html

Is he an idiot also?
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I'd like to think that when these cars were sold there owners ragged the tits off them.

They probably did Eck. That's probably not going to hurt them. Flat out starts on rocks and mud won't be ideal though.

And donuting around a firework is probably not the best way to keep old paintwork in tip top condition.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336273/How-did-walk-away-Driver-crashes-250-000-1924-Bugatti-spectacular-fashion-wanders-beer.html

Is he an idiot also?

I don't know, i've never met him. I'd hazard a guess that he might not be though, as that's an incident in what I presume to be a competitive or timed event, so the car is being used as it was intended.

He's not brutalising the car for the sake of it, on a horrible surface like some fifteen year pikey twoccer.

big eck

14th Nov 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh come on man, he was hardly brutalising it lol. Spinning his wheels on wet grass for 10 secs then booting it in a straight line and sliding it on smooth as hell concrete isn't gonna wreck it lol.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck, he's done loads of these and he mistreats every single car. If I remember correctly, he has got air on at least one occasion (in the XJ220 I think).

Are you assuming this is an isolated incident and that he never before or after the film behaves in the same way?

The only smooth concrete is the stuff where the fireworks are. The transition from grass to concrete track can't be ideal for the car and as I said, a massive start on dirt and stones is hardly appropriate for this kind of car. It's not some tatty old Evo 7.
big eck

14th Nov 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your what's described as a car enthusiast and the rest of us disagreeing with you are "petrol heads" lol. We like to have a great looking car but would abuse it if its affordable to do so. You on the other hand prefer the value of a nice car and like to keep it that way. Each to there own I suppose
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be Eck. Working on them for nigh on a quarter of a century has beaten a lot of that out of me.

I still like what I liked as a child or an adolescent though and I hate to see examples of these cars being mistreated.

I thrash the pants off of my cars. If I had one of the exotic cars i've always wanted (the 288 included) i'd be flat out in it somewhere whenever I could be. Just not on a farm or any other shit surface. I'd use a Bowler Nemesis or an old Lancer for that kind of behaviour.
chrisritch

14th Nov 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Is he an idiot also?

I don't know, i've never met him. I'd hazard a guess that he might not be though, as that's an incident in what I presume to be a competitive or timed event, so the car is being used as it was intended.

He's not brutalising the car for the sake of it, on a horrible surface like some fifteen year pikey twoccer.

Twoccer Not heard that for years
taylorboosh

14th Nov 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol i cant see one thing in that vid that would harm the car tbh

Not really anyway
ed

14th Nov 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars are built to be driven. They're strong, they can take it.
SVM 286

15th Nov 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mass produced cars with strong steel bodies and componentry made for longevity rather than lightness are Ed.

Low volume, track and performance orientated stuff made out of aluminium, magnesium, GRP, Kevlar, carbon firbre etc, are produced with tarmac in mind, not off road use.

This is illustrated graphically in F1 where cars can cope with huge cornering forces, yet can and do disintegrate in relatively minor impacts or off-track excursions.
mike56gte

15th Nov 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really dont see a problem with this, a wheel spin on a few stones ( none of which looked like they even went near the car) drove on grass for about 10 seconds and the rest was on some pretty smooth looking tarmac.

a quick wash afterwards and you would probably never knew he even done it.
SVM 286

15th Nov 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me, this is probably a case of the straw that broke the camel's back Mike. He's done several of these now. And almost every time they feature some sort of misuse or abuse of some quite precious cars.

They tied two F50s together and burnt the tires out for Christ's sake. I mean, that's just infantile isn't it? That's the sort of thing some half wit 17 year old gypo would do with a couple of Saxos and his mates in a field or car park somewhere.

This sort of behaviour just isn't in-keeping with this type of car or marque. Some two hundred mile an hour flybys on a motorway somewhere and i'd have been chuffed. But this is just shit.
It's the flagrant disregard for good taste and the condition of the cars themselves that gets on my wick.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it abuse driving a car....

They have the money and if they are going to damage them I'm pretty sure it will get fixed straight away.

Not infantile no. its something that no one would ever conceive of doing they have and thats what makes it a good viewing!

If they want to buy an F40 and set it on fire it won't effect me in any way other than a video to watch. Yes they are iconic cars but i would prefer to drive a car than it sitting in a garage being a queen. Going 200mph isn't seen as wow anymore imo.
ed

15th Nov 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mass produced cars with strong steel bodies and componentry made for longevity rather than lightness are Ed.

Low volume, track and performance orientated stuff made out of aluminium, magnesium, GRP, Kevlar, carbon firbre etc, are produced with tarmac in mind, not off road use.

This is illustrated graphically in F1 where cars can cope with huge cornering forces, yet can and do disintegrate in relatively minor impacts or off-track excursions.

Improper loading is what causes the car to break. There are quite a few videos of Red Bull ragging the shit out of their F1 cars off road floating about; I'm sure there's one of Seb V doing a rally course in one too.

Plus, who gives a fuck if this guy bins his car, it's his.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
He should do it with something rare, like a standard Corsa GSi. Then drive it into a wall.

Wash your mouth out.
p

15th Nov 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at some of the comments.

At the end of the day, it's his car, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. Do I like the videos he does? Yes, it's something different, something unique, there's something very cool about them!

If I owned those cars, would I do that? Probably not, depends how loaded I was I think, and how many cars I had. If I could afford two Enzo's, I'd buy one to drive, the other to sit and be appreciated, kept the way it is for the future.

And even if something happened to one of his cars, there's going to be a company out there that can make it totally like new again, just assuming they don't write one off etc

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Nov 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All appear to be purchased from DK Engineering or atleast the F40 race car at the end was.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
SVM 286

15th Nov 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Going 200mph isn't seen as wow anymore imo.

But off-roading a rare and fragile performance car is?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video 23 database queries in 0.2231162 seconds