corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video
SVM 286

User status: Offline
14th Nov 13 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like him... or just a rapist?
chrisritch

14th Nov 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at everyone getting their knickers in a twist at someone buying cars and using them how he wants to
nathy_87

14th Nov 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

If he took them out on track, or to a stretch of B road, or quiet motorway in the dead of night, or an Autobahn in broad daylight and maxxed them out as was intended, that would be lovely.

But he could write the car off doing the same there, so what's the difference?
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wouldn't be abuse. That would be an accident.

This is guaranteed detrimental to the cars and it's deliberate.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like the hillclimb at goodwood to me

seriously though i dont see the issue, i really dont. he he crashes then he can pay to have it repaired.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously Tom? You don't think that a wheepspin start on rocks and stones and dirt, in a museum piece, is inappropriate?

Goodwood is tarmac, not a rutted, potholed farm yard or farm track.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would even buy a 1928 Bently blower and rag that about

SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you had more mechanical sympathy and appreciation for history and heritage than that.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Seriously Tom? You don't think that a wheepspin start on rocks and stones and dirt, in a museum piece, is inappropriate?

Goodwood is tarmac, not a rutted, potholed farm yard or farm track.

yeah i was thinking of he bit through the trees

every year they race museum piesces round goodwood at full chat, crashing them too.

the mud on stones argument isnt a stong one as roads have mud and stones on them anyway.
I'm just all for crs being used.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought you had more mechanical sympathy and appreciation for history and heritage than that.

Thats why i would do it, i would have an F40 as my daily driver if i could afford one.

SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Goodwood is competition. It's a timed event. The cars are doing what they are meant to, in the correct type of environment and on an appropriate surface.

If they have an accident it's terrible, but it's not through flagrant disregard for the vehicle.

Incidentally, I haven't encountered rocks and stones and mud on normal roads. Only on building sites and off road areas.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
quote:

Thats why i would do it, i would have an F40 as my daily driver if i could afford one.

But that makes no sense though Tom. You said you'd do to a blower Bentley what this person does to similarly rare cars.

That surprised me because like me, you are in the business of making cars better, not worse.

Your 911 for example. A fine achievement. Would you take it to a building site and thrash it across broken bricks and through rutted clay and pools of filthy water and rubble?
big eck

14th Nov 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM please chill a bit man lol. Its only a car at the end of the day. If I had that mind of money then I'd be doin the same thing lol. As for wheelspinning on mud and stones, the majority of the British road network is the same
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm perfectly chilled Eck.

In fact, i've been very restrained.

If i'm brutally honest, I think this bloke is a slap worthy, cunt of a heathen who should be ashamed of himself for showing such disregard for such beautiful machines.

If they were 'just cars' as so many people seem to observe, they'd be doing the sodding school run and picking up shopping.

But they're not are they? Lets be honest with ourselves, they aren't 'just cars'. You probably don't get that many books, videos and DVDs on, or posters, birthday cards and computer games featuring the likes of the Kia Pride etc etc.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Eck, I wasn't being rude to you btw. I hope you didn't take my comment as such.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

But that makes no sense though Tom. You said you'd do to a blower Bentley what this person does to similarly rare cars.

That surprised me because like me, you are in the business of making cars better, not worse.

Your 911 for example. A fine achievement. Would you take it to a building site and thrash it across broken bricks and through rutted clay and pools of filthy water and rubble?

im all for it, more business for me, seriously though, i use the 911 in all weather on all conditions, you should of seen it after Le Mans this year!!!
dont get me wrong i wouldn't do anything to damage the car forthe sake of damaging it, if stones fly up in the wheel arch and i have a smile on my face i couldnt care or less.

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by Tomnova16]

Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you need some time alone with a 288 gto mate. Preferably with some lubricant, barry white music and a cloth to clean the exhaust pipe up when you're finished.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

im all for it, more business for me, seriously though, i use the 911 in all weather on all conditions, you should of seen it after Le Mans this year!!!
dont get me wrong i wouldn't do anything to damage the car forthe sake of damaging it, if stones fly up in the wheel arch and i have a smile on my face i couldnt care or less.

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by Tomnova16]

Right, so you wouldn't do anything guaranteed to harm it, other than inevitable stone chips etc from daily use, owing to flecks of loose road material and fine debris & detritis etc.

And your car, was mass produced with all the associated knowhow, that brings about a stronger car. It was built with a steel monocoque that features galvanized protection, so if anything, your car would stand up better.

This man however, chooses to take cars, of which only a few hundred examples at most, were built, many years ago. And that feature less robust finishes. And construction and componentry that are made out of composites and other exotic materials, that are fragile when used in the wrong way or loaded in the wrong plane.

He then drives them aggressively off road.

It's not going to be beneficial for their longevity.

We've all seen the F40 LM build thread and how much of that car was unsalvageable, even from correct use.

Imagine the damage that mistreating similar cars can and will do.

Not nice. And very wasteful.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I think you need some time alone with a 288 gto mate. Preferably with some lubricant, barry white music and a cloth to clean the exhaust pipe up when you're finished.

That's a shame Ben. Unusually in my experience, you're really living down to the Essex boy stereotype/cliche there. I thought you were brighter than that and had more to contribute. You usually seem quite adult.

You're more than welcome to take your Barry White music, lubricant & cloth and go back to watching trash television if you like.
Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't see the issue with someone wasting their own money having fun.

It's not on public roads so it's not harming anyone.

I reckon most people, if rich and crazy enough, would do exactly the same.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By all means waste it. But please waste it on something new that there's loads of.

Something that's as tacky as the treatment it's getting.

Do it in a Veyron for Christ's sake. They're quick, they're really expensive and they're ugly. Go and wreck one of them.
Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he finds the veryron good looking? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Anything can be repaired, it's not as if it's being set on fire.
GB123
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not as if it's the only one in the world, other people will be doing the whole 'never take it out of the garage' thing with theirs.
Might as well use yours if that's what you want to do.
fred7

14th Nov 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In this video when its coming full ball at the camara the driver looks like jay kay? Also has most of these cars in his collection

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by fred7]
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Maybe he finds the veryron good looking? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Anything can be repaired, it's not as if it's being set on fire.

Not anything. Not if the parts are unavailable, or if the car is so comprehensively trashed it's too much to repair. But why make it so it needs to be repaired anyway?

What next, tractor pulling in a vintage F1 car? Demolition Derby in a Bugatti Royale? Jumping seventeen buses in a McLaren F1 GTR?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TaxtheRich strike again.. 288GTO video 23 database queries in 0.2231331 seconds