corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do you split your money......

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you split your money......
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Nov 13 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have to explain why I've spent money, that's the thing! As long as bills get paid, we eat and some money gets put in the savings, I can spend £700 on coilovers without it being a problem.

I don't ubderstand how people get married and still have separate finances to be honest, screams of lack of trust to me.
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Nov 13 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all.

Just because we are a couple dnt mean we have to do everything as a couple.
Robin
Premium Member

1st Nov 13 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. Finances though, especially if you're married, it's pretty normal to do things as a couple.

My Mrs has been ill for a week so her wages are down this month, whichever way it's done, our finances are down anyway, makes no difference if it's all in one pot or not.
Pop

1st Nov 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We both pay in all our money into the joint account and take out an equal amount each, to do with as we like.
Graham88

4th Nov 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not lack of trust at all Robin, it's the fact that we have our own individual amounts of money left after everything necessary is paid. Once that's gone it's gone. If it was all in 1 pot it would be hard to judge and unfair IMO.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who pay into one pot are basically just being scared of getting dumped so they try and manipulate some security by tying some money up in the relationship
Ben J

4th Nov 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your married, telling someone their "dumped" doesn't really cut it Steve.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But yeah, more talking about people that are just gf bf that do it really.
Andrew

4th Nov 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
If your married, telling someone their "dumped" doesn't really cut it Steve.

I try it all the time, she just won't leave
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullshit. You know full well you'd struggle to find another
Robin
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
It's not lack of trust at all Robin, it's the fact that we have our own individual amounts of money left after everything necessary is paid. Once that's gone it's gone. If it was all in 1 pot it would be hard to judge and unfair IMO.

Unfair? Hard to judge?

I really don't get this.
John

4th Nov 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if your wife isn't into doing up old cars? She then wouldn't be happy with you spending loads of joint money doing that.

Your particular situation it seems that you both want the same stuff anyway. In my situation, I buy loads of shit, would never get away with it in a joint account.
Ben J

5th Nov 13 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
You're

Wouldn't think I teach English would you
drunkenfool

7th Nov 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a joint account and the other half pays in about 40% of the mortgage and council tax bills. They get £300 a month in Sainsburys vouchers tax free from work, and I always end up paying for gas, electricity, internet, phone, sky etc. The joint account is also used for things like meals out and trips away, but I inevitably end up having to pay more Into there from my personal account to stop it going overdrawn as I earn a fair bit more than they do!
Hammer

7th Nov 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They
A2H GO

7th Nov 13 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What if your wife isn't into doing up old cars? She then wouldn't be happy with you spending loads of joint money doing that.

Your particular situation it seems that you both want the same stuff anyway. In my situation, I buy loads of shit, would never get away with it in a joint account.

Exactly this.

I bought a Mac not long ago, bought an iPhone 5S, bought a monitor last night. The Mrs hardly ever buys anything of any significent expense. Joint account with all our money in (given we both earn the same) would soon cause arguments. This is nothing to do with trust.

On the flip side, she's perfectly happy with me walking in with new shit because we split everything 50/50 and what's left is mine to do what I like with.

Putting all your money in a joint account sounds to me like a way of getting what you want because you can't afford it on your own.

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by A2H GO]
mwg

7th Nov 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
They

must have a fleet of wives/girlfriends
Ben J

7th Nov 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

Exactly this.

I bought a Mac not long ago, bought an iPhone 5S, bought a monitor last night. The Mrs hardly ever buys anything of any significent expense. Joint account with all our money in (given we both earn the same) would soon cause arguments. This is nothing to do with trust.

On the flip side, she's perfectly happy with me walking in with new shit because we split everything 50/50 and what's left is mine to do what I like with.

Putting all your money in a joint account sounds to me like a way of getting what you want because you can't afford it on your own.

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by A2H GO]

Can't believe so many people struggle with the concept of a joint account with both salaries going in fully. Especially when married.
John

7th Nov 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't struggle with the concept, just choose not to.

Your opinion might also be significantly different if you wear the main bread winner. I wonder if your wife's genuine opinion is the same.
Ben J

7th Nov 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its isn't about who earns more. Its about how much we bring in as a couple. My wife couldn't GAF that she's the breadwinner. We live within our means of our combined salaries. I even had this discussion with her prompted by this thread and she couldn't understand why married people would have their "own" money.

If she wants something and its within our means, she will get it, same for me.

Also, "I" have contributed large amount of invested/saved money to our marriage so "I'm" actually much more "cash rich" out of the 2 of us if you look at it that way, but we don't. Its all shared.

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by Ben J]
John

7th Nov 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be the same if you had less money and couldn't go out and buy fancy bikes?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, if it's working for you it's obviously good. However, the same as you wondering how people are struggling with the concept of everything in one bag, the same goes for having separate amounts.

Also seems to be a bit of a line between the married/non married from this thread. I think total earnings will be playing a bigger role.
Ben J

7th Nov 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Would it be the same if you had less money and couldn't go out and buy fancy bikes?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, if it's working for you it's obviously good. However, the same as you wondering how people are struggling with the concept of everything in one bag, the same goes for having separate amounts.

Also seems to be a bit of a line between the married/non married from this thread. I think total earnings will be playing a bigger role.

I had one pretty good bike. That's all. Wasn't that special. "Had" being the key word.

But if Jen earned the same as me, we'd obviously still live within our means, so no fancy bikes etc.

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by Ben J]
John

7th Nov 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that adds an additional strain. If you want stuff that you can't afford, putting everything into 1 pot and watching what the other person is spending makes it not quite so good.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll