corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do you split your money......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you split your money......
AK

User status: Offline
27th Oct 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You are in a different league with different problems.

Making a decision over being able to keep both of the race cars is a bit different from struggling to pay the bills.

Selling cars for less valuable ones was mentioned.... its still a sacrifice.

Yes.... If you cant live in a basic house, and cloth and feed a child you shouldn't be having kids. Benefits or not.
Ben G

27th Oct 13 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good grief. Getting into masses of debt just to have kids

Also please don't tell me it was an accident. You can't accidentally put your penis into a womans vagina and then spunk
evilrob
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
You can't accidentally put your penis into a womans vagina and then spunk

I tried this line of excuse once - it turns out this is actually called "rape."
CORSA NUT

27th Oct 13 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely shouldn't have been having kids if it was that tight?

There's a lot more to it than what I've said John. Things out of our control i.e me being made redundant and a death in the family meaning financial help from out part.

When we planned to have a baby and even when she was born we were pretty well off compared to most people. Life just has a way of flipping upside down on you when you least expect it

Now there's no chance were having another until we're on our feet again even though we want a certain gap in terms of age.
Russ

27th Oct 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John knows best
John

27th Oct 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comment was specifically in response to maternity pay not covering. That's something to plan for. I am fully aware that life throws shitters all the time that can't be planned for.
CORSA NUT

27th Oct 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew what you meant John, I can see how it sounded like we hadn't planned for it. We planned a lot but you can't plan for all life's scenarios unfortunately.
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do a propotional split, I earn around twice what she does so I pay twice as much into bills, savings etc - but also get twice the spending money, so seems fair to me.

She also works longer hours than I do, and works very hard during those hours so if anything I think it's unfair in her direction. All meals/nights out come out of my spending for that reason.

As for the kids thing, my standard of living would have to divebomb to support a child so for now I'm not interested, but we've got lots of scope for reeling in our lifestyle if we ever get the urge or I don't pull out in time.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

27th Oct 13 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very big of you that Kyle. I respect that mate.

Always wondered what you did for a living with all the car tinkering and all you must be pretty hands on??
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, sit at a keyboard all day

I've not tinkered with a car before this one, so I'm about as green as it gets One advantage I do have though, is I'm a damn good Googler

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

28th Oct 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right awesome
Gaz

28th Oct 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My comment was specifically in response to maternity pay not covering. That's something to plan for. I am fully aware that life throws shitters all the time that can't be planned for.

Money was tight and we had planned for everything - spreadsheets with money to be spent and what we could buy to do up the baby rooms etc. We forgot one small thing in our budget, the huge factor of her only getting certain % of pay through some months, then half pay then none. SMP pay is shit and not worth receiving to be honest but it was a few quid to add to the pot.
It was a complete mistake on our part and i've never said otherwise.

The thing with starting a family for us was age, we didn't want to be young parents and we certainly didn't want to be old. We earn, but not enough to have huge savings to live comfortably with a wage being dropped.

I wouldn't trade my son in for a debt free life so there would never have been a "right" time to do it.
Colin

30th Oct 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stick in £2k & she sticks in 500, this pays for all house bills, car and food shopping.
Gary
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k to 500 quid! Fuck that.
Ben G

30th Oct 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin wades in with his massive bollocks and owns the thread that is pretty mental!

[Edited on 30-10-2013 by Ben G]
evilrob
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
2k to 500 quid! Fuck that.
Colin

31st Oct 13 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids and part time hours to thank for that
Gary
Premium Member

31st Oct 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KidS?! Neither yours?
RichR
Premium Member

31st Oct 13 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got three or one and twins on the way iirc
M4tt_Envoy

31st Oct 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1800/£0

missus only has a part time job (along with looking after the kids) so any money see earns she keeps
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Nov 13 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All our money goes straight into the joint account, no splitting it with random percentages.

If one of us wants something, if we have the money, it gets bought.
John

1st Nov 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you want to buy a present, or just buy something for yourself that you don't want to explain why it costs so much?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Nov 13 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Presents I will transfer the money to another account, then she can't see what I've bought.

I don't understand the second bit, why would I need to justify the cost of something?
Gary
Premium Member

1st Nov 13 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it's just one of the rules of life.

We don't want to know what they spend on shoes and they don't need to know what we spend on boys toys.
Hammer

1st Nov 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
All our money goes straight into the joint account, no splitting it with random percentages.

If one of us wants something, if we have the money, it gets bought.

You say that as if you have found the Holy Grail of how to split money and avoid arguments

There is no way I'll be sticking every cent I earn into an account then have to explain what or why I have bought something with my own money.

I'm leaning towards 50/50 and paying her car off using the joint account to balance the fact I earn more.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll