corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do you split your money......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you split your money......
AndyKent

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.....with your girlfriend/wife if living in, and paying for, a shared house?

50/50?
Percentage split based on earnings?
Something else?

Particularly interested when you earn different amounts......
Seany

23rd Oct 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Her wage covers the bills and we live off my wages. I earn more than her but not a great amount more.
Gavin
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pew pew pew pewwwww
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50/50 in joint rest is our own to do as we please.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Dave

23rd Oct 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All money goes into one account then everything gets paid out from that. She has a savings account that we use for Christmas, holidays etc. I earn pretty much twice as much as her but that doesn't matter.
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
All money goes into one account then everything gets paid out from that.
This.

We then both get a monthly allowance for personal spendings like clothes etc.

AndyKent

23rd Oct 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like a few do that (all, then have an allowance) having spoken with mates/work.

Hard to get my head round. My moneys always been mine, although as we look to buy a house I suppose "I" becomes "us"
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to put all mine in the joint account and then take whatever I need from that, but I quickly realised that women don't understand that it's not money for clothes and shit, so I changed accounts.

Now I put in just over half my earnings into the joint account every month and she puts about the same.
John

23rd Oct 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty standard 50/50 for house stuff then keep the rest for ourselves. That will go more in her favour as my wages increase though, won't be 50/50 when there is a bigger gap between earnings.
Gaz

23rd Oct 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All in the one pot for us
luciaadr

23rd Oct 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we started out, we split everything according to salary quite fastidiously.

Now married, its become I pay for almost everything from my account / credit card. Her salary is all straight into savings.

Doesn't really make any difference, if we split it, it'd be the same from a joint position at the end of the day.
MarkM

23rd Oct 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay more because I earn more. We put a set amount each into a joint account and what we have left we keep for ourselves in our own accounts. Although the last two weeks of the month she is generally skint so I pay for most things for that period.
Ben J

23rd Oct 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joint account. Both salaries go into that.

Shit gets paid for/bought from that.

Done.

Obv got savings accounts/ISA etc too.
Russ

23rd Oct 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin

Gary
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All money in one account? Fook that!

We have about a 60/40 split into joint account,
ash_corsa

23rd Oct 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those who pay all into one account do you have to ask each other before spending on stuff for yourself?

I couldn't do that, me and the mrs pay equal amounts into the joint Acc from our own personal accounts for all bills then whatever's left is our own, we have our own savings too.
Seemed the most sensible way of doing it, too easy to argue about who bought what etc..

[Edited on 23-10-2013 by ash_corsa]
Ben J

24th Oct 13 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, don't have to ask. We don't consider who contributes what to the account (my wife gets paid alot more than me anyway!). We are married, the money that we earn goes into 1 account and thats the money for the family. If either of us wants something for ousrselves, we would probs let the other know out of courtesy. So if I want some new trainers, i'd mention it to the wench. But she'd probs be with me when I bought them anyway.

Neither of us is stupid with spending. Infact I probs spend more on stuff for me than the missus does for herself.

Bear in mind we are both in 30's, married, 2 kids etc. Bit different to some situations on here.

[Edited on 24-10-2013 by Ben J]
RichR
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're just going through a transfer of equity on our properties at the minute; I have a house, she has a house split into two flats and we have another house split into two flats that we jointly own. She's giving me some cash to make up for the difference between her's and mine.

Once that's done, we're both going to pay £1000 a month into a joint account to pay for house runnin costs, mortgage etc and be a bit of a savings account to towards holidays and joint expenditure things. We'll then have the remainder of our wages for ourselves including our own cars, phones and so on.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
For those who pay all into one account do you have to ask each other before spending on stuff for yourself?
We each have our own spending account with a credit card tied to. We each get the same monthly allowance.

My wife spends a shitload month to month on shoes and hair, I hardly ever buy anything, but when I do it's usually expensive electronics, so in the end we come out the same.

It also gives the benefit of being able to actually give each other stuff without paying it out of a joint account. I can actually take my wife out for dinner and pick up the check or buy her flowers or jewelry without feeling like a tool as she's paid for half herself.

Obviously I don't do either of those things, I just mean I could if I would...

Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuartmitchell

24th Oct 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each have our own account and we pay £700 each into that every month to cover bills, mortgage, food and holidays
Hammer

24th Oct 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm at the negotiation stage with this at the minute

Interesting to see what others do.
AlexSXI

24th Oct 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both paid into our own accounts,

Then on 1st of every month £500 each into Joint which covers everything.

Rest of mine is mine and hers is hers.

No arguments (yet- 20 months in).
Chris C

24th Oct 13 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joint account, much easier we find. None of this "who's paying for dinner this time" bollocks which all our other friend seem to bicker about lol.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, do you both pay in the same amount or do you pay in all of your wages?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll