corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My turn....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My turn....
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 13 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I was going to buy my first house after new year, but one house appeared on market and I am keen to buy it due to price

Went to see mortgage advisor this morning and he is positive that I will get the required sum.

His only concern was that the property might be a repo.

I can't get hold of agency till Monday now, but I have spoken to them this morning, regarding a viewing.
They intend to do an open day viewing.

The agency that has advertised is is based about 40 miles away from this house, so i hope this is their reason for doing an open day?

I know that usually you can tell house is a repo when all taps etc are taped over.
However in pictures nothing is taped over and no one lives in it at the moment.

Is there any other way I can find out it's a repossession or not?

[Edited on 05-10-2013 by daymoon]

Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it in Selby?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Is it in Selby?

yeah, near Tesco supermarket.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, hope it all works out for you.

There was a place on my estate which was on the market recently, was like 10k cheaper than all others and everyone thought it was a repo.

Turns out, the occupants needed out in a hurry so it went to "we buy any house" for pennies, and they just punted it on for a quick profit.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks.

Well I went round to have a look at the house without the estate agent.

Looking from outside it needs few bits of roof sorting out, gardens a mess, needs new fencing front and back.
Major work is to be carried out in sorting the extension at back. Some one built a conservatory which is brick, tjen windows alll round and justa single plastic sheet roof.
The problem is they knocked the wall from kitchen into this extension. It's not secure as anyone can get into the house and it's not efficient heating wise.

Major bonus is that whole house has double glazing that looks fairly new
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price wise it's 34k cheaper than what it was sold for 9 years ago
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they say if they think it will pass a mortgage val? That back room sounds pretty dodgy.

[Edited on 05-10-2013 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
John

5th Oct 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the bmw's you buy. Need to be a lot more careful with a house unless you know what you're doing.
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Sounds like the bmw's you buy. Need to be a lot more careful with a house unless you know what you're doing.

???? Every single BMW I bought never gave me any problems.
I know what I am doing with a house. The only job I would have to pay for is boiler replacement.
All else me/my dad will do.

Phil, Who is "They"?

daymoon
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

6th Oct 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good god thats awful definite council house living scumbag has done that, without a doubt.

With regards to a wall/door needing to seperate the conservatory, ours was the same although it was a living room.

Issue was brought up and we told them we were putting doors up anyway so wasn't a problem. It was very cold in winter though and that will be a lot bigger job to sort.
Marc

6th Oct 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of potential in there.
daymoon
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Good god thats awful definite council house living scumbag has done that, without a doubt.

With regards to a wall/door needing to seperate the conservatory, ours was the same although it was a living room.

Issue was brought up and we told them we were putting doors up anyway so wasn't a problem. It was very cold in winter though and that will be a lot bigger job to sort.

Yeah house is a mess but then again that is was I was after as it's reflected in price.

If all goes OK and I manage to get it i think I will I put the wall back in with double door in middle and window either side. Get rid of conservatory.

[Edited on 06-10-2013 by daymoon]
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Oct 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sh*t...

Had a call from mortgage advisor..
There are some issues..

Basically at the moment I am employed by Leeds Met uni, however I work for an external company.
I have a letter stating that.

In January I am switching to work for the external company. Again, have a letter to confirm that.
So while technically I am changing employment, realistically I am not. I will still work in my cold ass office.

When I originally spoke to the Mortgage advisor, he said this isn't an issue. Now he says it is.
Going to speak to bank directly tomorrow.

I am suspicious(read paranoid) and reckon this bloke want's this house for himself.

daymoon
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well.....
Put an offer in!

Went to Natwest and they are happy to give me mortgage. Went to see the house and it's better than in pics. I was first to put an offer in. Waiting to hear back now from estates agent.
Marc

11th Oct 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more pics?
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't take any. Will put up all estate estate agents pics when I get on pc
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take £30k to put that right
daymoon
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
take £30k to put that right

want to break that down for me please?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really no
Graham88

12th Oct 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't even see that being 30k if you were to pay people to do the work. Most of it is cosmetic.
Marc

12th Oct 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't say much, my rooms are in a right state having being wallpapered over 3 times!

@ 30k
Ben G

12th Oct 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10k absolute maximum and thats with decent stuff and a nice garden.

Probably looking at 5k if you just want it liveable and nice.
Dave

12th Oct 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that damp on the bay window? Assume the doors in the blue/wallpaper room are below it too?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll