corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1/4 mile result

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1/4 mile result
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
25th Aug 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A what?
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inline 4 mate.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of it. Can't be making power in the USA?
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benchmark for big power engines.
jonnyken

25th Aug 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went for the saab for a number of reasons. to get over 200bhp out of the xe is going to cost a fortune so turbo power

choices being the let and the saab b204 (not the b234 2.3s are not as strong and and 300 they are starting to strain internals)

the let would cost a hell of a lot more to buy plus id a full donor saab for 500 quid, thats got me a b204 with forged internals capable of 400-500 bhp fairly easliy (for some of you more technical/pub talk boys there is an 800 odd bhp build, still using standard rods)

so at minimum costs i hope to have a reliable 250bhp engine i wont get that with a c20let

about buying a engine capable of so much power and not using it. why would i want to throw an engine in and run 500bhp in fwd that hasnt yet been set up fully and still on road tyres, i guarantee id run slower times than the xe.

end of the day im building a car that will be for 1/4 mile and still be usable on the road an at a sensible budget that im going to enjoy and have fun.
jonnyken

25th Aug 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to add in there if i bought a c20let for £1000 id have 200bhp engine and not be sure its a good one

if i used that 1000 and spent it on the saab engine i could near rebuild it and still push 300bhp out of it.

where im my case ive spent 500 on a saab i ran it on road for a couple months so i know engines good. i can know break then scrap car and fit to my corsa and have money left over to spend on other things like gear box and tyres
Jed D

28th Aug 14 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
That's good going, same as the Vectra (in terms of early days) but to get it going much quicker and to match the Saab lumps, id imagine its going to need opened up and forged with head work and possibly a bigger charger etc which will be into big money.

That's true about power isn't everything, but it does help alot in the likes of a heavy Vectra with a 26 stone driver.

£ for power, the 2.2 dosn't come close.

the 2.2 wouldn't need a great deal of cash thrown at it but i can relate to what your saying, out the box a stock saab probably is quicker but tbf a stock z22se is a n/a engine...
a V6 however, need i say anything more, standard c25xe engine doing 12.9, wheres your b204 at there with its turbo?

the 2.2 we took wont take much to get that 13.7 rite down... the clutch was slipping for a start, then theres the balance shafts still to remove and get some better traction...
then theres setting it up for drag use and the fact the maps still not 100%

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
v6

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1/4 mile result 22 database queries in 0.0126760 seconds