corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1/4 mile result

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1/4 mile result
Jed D

User status: Offline
21st Aug 14 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot more than any saab with half the bhp
John

21st Aug 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is that? What components from a standard 2.2 out of an astra are left on a 6 second car?

List them for me.
Jed D

21st Aug 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didn't build it haha

can you name a saab that came anywhere near that, and its original steel lump saab parts
your pissing in the wind mate...

the facts are the facts...

but as said, for the op's purpose there no reason he shouldn't be pleased with with a saab b204 if done correct

i wasn't the one to bring 2.2's into the equation though...
just dont see why so many people judge them based on the uk's experience of them so far

i had a run out in a mates coupe 2.2 with a supercharger on it the other day, and considering is currently his daily road car, it packs a punch... low down revs it was ideal, high up revs you really feel the power...
and thats from a supercharger with stock internals....
a 2.2 with loads of internal work and a huge turbo is more than cable of laughing at any saab, you'll see soon
John

21st Aug 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea wtf is used in the saab or the vaux engines, I just know that there will be very little ecotec left in the car you always go on about.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 05:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Is that a purpose built drag car though??

Nothing wrong with the b204 for a road/quick drag car.

Local guy Jamie built a Vectra GSi with a b204 (will be in TV soon, not long had it featured), and was doing 12s on his 1st visit to Santa Pod. Its just mainly a fun road car. Standard internals, with a holset HX35 strapped to it making 400+ bhp. Still needed fine tuned and a few issue's addressed. He's now sold it but i think it last made about 470bhp with alot more to come just by ditching the cast manifold. Easily over 500bhp with a better manifold. Standard management too just played with.

Lad I know has bought that. Works at HiQ. Looks mental!
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Aug 14 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
haha ok

has he got a time slip for that btw? i seem to recall high 13 but i could be wrong

and yeah, 2.2's their only the fastest 4 pot engine in the world...
their into the 6 seconds in the states now

we'll see who's rite...

fastest saab will, and has ever done is a 9.6
and that was in a fully space framed pro fwd saab, its not going anymore though

I don't have the time slip to hand, but it was 2 12.9s with 407bhp. Not bad really considering for example Nic Barnes best time over the years was about 1s quicker, with a shit load more power, and a shit load less weight.

As said though, the Saab conversions have only really just broke onto the scene so still in the very early days. Still messing with standard internals to see how far they can be pushed which says alot, considering the 2.2 has been found to only manage such and such power levels on the standard internals. The yanks have been messing with the 2.2s for years so not really comparable just yet. Can't see any cars in the UK running close to the yanks, ever, either.

How many 2.2s do you know of over here that are running mega quick times??

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Aug 14 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I have no idea wtf is used in the saab or the vaux engines, I just know that there will be very little ecotec left in the car you always go on about.

Unlike the Vauxhall engine, the Saab lumps are still on the standard internals. I think the only thing so far that has needed to be changed for more power is the cams, which are from another Saab engine, nothing custom made. No one knows what they are capable of. Still at the stage of pushing it to find its limit.

gazza808

22nd Aug 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yawn comparing a 2.2 built by a no amount is too much team to normal guys using saab lumps.
It's like comparing the formula 1 engines too a vectra vxr engine just because they're both v6 Turbos
It's all about budget the both the saab 2.0 and 2.3 will do 500 bhp with out being opened. For big power build's the 2.0 is prefered as the rod ratio is better and prefers to rev abit more.

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by gazza808]
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
haha ok

has he got a time slip for that btw? i seem to recall high 13 but i could be wrong

and yeah, 2.2's their only the fastest 4 pot engine in the world...
their into the 6 seconds in the states now

we'll see who's rite...

fastest saab will, and has ever done is a 9.6
and that was in a fully space framed pro fwd saab, its not going anymore though

I don't have the time slip to hand, but it was 2 12.9s with 407bhp. Not bad really considering for example Nic Barnes best time over the years was about 1s quicker, with a shit load more power, and a shit load less weight.

As said though, the Saab conversions have only really just broke onto the scene so still in the very early days. Still messing with standard internals to see how far they can be pushed which says alot, considering the 2.2 has been found to only manage such and such power levels on the standard internals. The yanks have been messing with the 2.2s for years so not really comparable just yet. Can't see any cars in the UK running close to the yanks, ever, either.

How many 2.2s do you know of over here that are running mega quick times??

12.9 on a forced induction car with over 400bhp is pretty shameful if im honest but fair enough, its a heavy road trim car so yeah, ok, like i said, good on him.
but with the saabs, even over seas, places that have really pushed them, they still coming nowhere near the ecotec engine that have also been pushed too... look at what the new astra vxr has in for example, them alloy blocks are, and will be, the future of performance.
doubt it if you will but you'll eat your words...

and as for 'How many 2.2s do you know of over here that are running mega quick times?'
over here AT THE MOMENT, none, nothing mega impressive i can think of to hand, but thats as of yet... read back over this thread in a years time and i need-ant say i told you so..........
there's a few animals in the making and they are bound to impress
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know the terminal speed of this 407bhp saab can i ask? just curious
also what tyres was he on?
Nic Barnes

22nd Aug 14 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slap some arp rod bolts in a std let and it would do 450bhp no problems. some of the builds are more bragging rights for shopping list parts than actual requirements imho.
SeanXE

22nd Aug 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the vectra y'all are on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atlmxh8EYVk

See it at pvs, sounded so nice and fastest Vectra I've seen go up the track
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
slap some arp rod bolts in a std let and it would do 450bhp no problems. some of the builds are more bragging rights for shopping list parts than actual requirements imho.

tru dat

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Is this the vectra y'all are on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atlmxh8EYVk

See it at pvs, sounded so nice and fastest Vectra I've seen go up the track

and ahhh, yes, thats the one i was thinking of, presuming their slicks he's on there too

dont get me wrong, for the weight of that car, being full trim too, thats quite impressive...

but tbf i managed 12.9 without a turbo (c25xe) and treaded tyres on an engine that (apart from the inlet cams) cost me £70... but i suppose that goes to show what weight loss and setting it up for the purpose does

i mean the v6 being around 200bhp'ish
this being double with no doubt a fair amount of torque too (cba to re-read through)

still say ecotec is, and always will be, in another league than a saab though
SeanXE

22nd Aug 14 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was your V6 runs this year or last? I remember them because your car was so loud haha, but was impressive
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last year, been building a new, slightly better one.. its like 99.99999% ready now... just on sorting a trailer out etc... seem to of wasted this season away getting it how i want it
SeanXE

22nd Aug 14 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, ill keep an eye out for it next year
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, hopefully it'll see a look out this year...
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It terrifies me that you can't tell the difference from a full fat road car and your Corsa that was built specifically for drag races. Never mind comparing a 2.2 "ecotec" on an unlimited budget to an everyday engine.

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Eck]
Jed D

22nd Aug 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi eck
John

22nd Aug 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You bought an old corsa, cut it all out and stuck a big engine in it. Good on you, I've not got the time and you obviously enjoy it.

What its not however is the pinnacle of engineering or that much of a surprise.

Also, how many of these engines work more than once? From my limited selection I see on here they get built for 5 years, run once if your lucky and then blow up or get split. I could probably make an old turbo run one amazing time if I went at it with a screwdriver.

I'm still waiting on what bits of the ecotec are used on all the big power engines.

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by John]
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Aug 14 at 05:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its pointless comparing it to the 2.2 really as the UK will never be in the same league as the States power wise.

Take Chris' 2.2 VX220. Quite a big money build, fancy headwork, forged bottom end, big charger etc, and its not even cracked 400bhp. Although in that car its probably a right weapon.

What's the spec of these secret 2.2s that are going to shock the UK??
Jed D

24th Aug 14 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the threads about 1/4 mile drag racing, or at least i thought it was...
bigger bhp cars aren't always quicker than lesser ones in all cases

anyway, we took a supercharged astra coupe 2.2 (full road trim) to york raceway today and managed a 13.7 (twice) with a slipping clutch and still drove home
the engine itself is a standard z22se, just a charger from a cobalt shipped from the states and self mapped ecu...

yeah its not great, we wearnt expecting anything super impressive from its first day out but its only the start and tbf
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 03:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good going, same as the Vectra (in terms of early days) but to get it going much quicker and to match the Saab lumps, id imagine its going to need opened up and forged with head work and possibly a bigger charger etc which will be into big money.

That's true about power isn't everything, but it does help alot in the likes of a heavy Vectra with a 26 stone driver.

£ for power, the 2.2 dosn't come close.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v6
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i4

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1/4 mile result 22 database queries in 0.1069660 seconds