corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nexus 5

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nexus 5
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
1st Nov 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea completely agree, its a awesome phone at that price.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Nov 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wooo dispatched!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Nov 13 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine says delivered
John

4th Nov 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen one today and getting one.

Material isn't as nice as the aluminium iPhone but everything else is better, screen is amazing compared to the 5S.

Anyone want an absolutely mint 5S
M4tt_Envoy

4th Nov 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does this compare to the note 2? I can still get aroubd 250 for my note so only 50quid to upgrade

Worth it?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrived!

wont be able to use it until next weekend when I can go get my sim card and screen protectors
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grrr my tracking details consist of:

Delivered to Depot
ERROR: Wrong Depot
Delivered to correct Depot

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone getting a bumper case? if so which one?
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to get an official one when they launch, but still no ETA last time I checked.

I want one as low profile as possible, but with the tiniest "lip" raised above the screen so I can put it down face first without crying.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything ive seen so far has a big lip

ive ordered screen protectors but i could do with a case so it doesnt get scratched to fuck in work
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGEN-SGP-Slim-Armor-Case-for-Nexus-5-Smooth-Black-/181249127590?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a334a34a6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGEN-SGP-Neo-Hybrid-Case-for-Nexus-5-Metal-Slate-/181249120200?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a334a17c8

or cough up for an official one
A2H GO

4th Nov 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
screen is amazing compared to the 5S.

Washed out and badly calibrated same as the Nexus 4 you mean?
John

4th Nov 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, much higher resolution and therefore better at everything I use it for.

Although obviously it would be better if it was calibrated properly, that matters not a jot for browsing CS. I don't do any photo or video editing on my phone so it's irrelevant.

I'm in no way saying it's ok for stuff to be badly calibrated or whatever, it's not.
A2H GO

4th Nov 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine question having never used a 1080p phone - Can you really see the difference pixel-wise over the the iPhone (I'm just using the iPhone as I can't think of any other phone with around 320ppi)?

Only I was lead to believe anything over that is a bit pointless and just drains GPU/CPU/battery unnecessarily?

Not to mention hardly anything on Android took advantage of the the S3's lower res screen when I had it, let alone a 1080p one...
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here we go, HERE WE GO
A2H GO

4th Nov 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not arguing, jus sayin.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGEN-SGP-Slim-Armor-Case-for-Nexus-5-Smooth-Black-/181249127590?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a334a34a6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGEN-SGP-Neo-Hybrid-Case-for-Nexus-5-Metal-Slate-/181249120200?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a334a17c8

or cough up for an official one

Will they be alright with wireless charging?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
John

4th Nov 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The extra pixels mean you can get more on screen.

The best example is with CS. I normally browse in landscape mode. iPhone has too little pixels in that direction. higher res phones, even 720, get more on screen.

I just like android better as well, whole gmail thing still greatly pissing me off on iPhone, which I know wasn't Apple's fault.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you please not reply to A2H GO, as whatever opinion, evidence or statement you make he will ALWAYS have some sort of counter argument, he is that angry about Android phones being better than Apple phones that he goes to the extent of making up imaginary problems that no one else can replicate, and even goes as far as buying the very phones he hates just to be able to slag them off on the internet. Bit weird imo.
John

4th Nov 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One for Ash

quote:

In fact, a big deal has been made about the "Android scrolling" problem, but nine times out of ten, the Nexus 5 feels considerably faster than most devices I’ve used — even the iPhone 5S

A2H GO

4th Nov 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The extra pixels mean you can get more on screen.

The best example is with CS. I normally browse in landscape mode. iPhone has too little pixels in that direction. higher res phones, even 720, get more on screen.

I just like android better as well, whole gmail thing still greatly pissing me off on iPhone, which I know wasn't Apple's fault.

So it's about getting more on the screen, like I said before (backed up by the link I posted before) and looking at this there doesn't appear to be one situation where the nexus shows more content than the iphone and in some instances the iphone shows more.

http://youtu.be/aAqJty3eGhE

[Edited on 04-11-2013 by A2H GO]
A2H GO

4th Nov 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
One for Ash

quote:

In fact, a big deal has been made about the "Android scrolling" problem, but nine times out of ten, the Nexus 5 feels considerably faster than most devices I’ve used — even the iPhone 5S

Source? Most reviews I've read from the normal tech sites say scrolling and responsiveness is greatly improved but still not on par with iPhone, same thing they say every year.

That said iOS7 feels terrible to use even iOS6 would feel much more responsive now without all the pointless transitions everywhere, definitely needs a switch to turn them off.

[Edited on 04-11-2013 by A2H GO]
John

4th Nov 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Verge.

We have this same discussion over and over Ash. I don't care how many videos of specific things you show me. I know from using many different phones at length exactly what I mean. I also know that I'm correct because I can see it with my eyes.

This specific thing I'm talking about is quantity rather than quality. However. If you've got more pixels you can also have crisper stuff of the same size on the higher res screen, exactly what Apple do with the default settings on a retina macbook.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like 1080 videos look better on my projector than my pc monitor

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll