corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple

Poll: Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple
Better the devil you know - stick with Apple; if it ain't broke... 14 (43.75%)
Do it! (I have loads of Microsoft stuff and it all works well) 8 (25%)
Do it! (I'd be interested to hear how shit an all-Microsoft setup is without spending any of my own money) 10 (31.25%)

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Nov 15 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm patiently waiting for Halo Wars to arrive on it
evilrob
Premium Member

13th Nov 15 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna keep yourself occupied with Rise of the Tomb Raider in the meantime? Looks immense!
evilrob
Premium Member

13th Nov 15 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are people finding the new user interface?

It's pissing me off because it looks all different and I don't know where anything is due to being old and grumpy and unable to deal with change any more.

[Edited on 13-11-2015 by evilrob]
oJNAo
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be swept under the carpet unfortunately as it came out at the wrong time, Halo 5, Black ops 3 and Fallout 4 released just before
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered a band 1

should be here next week
Conway563

14th Nov 15 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
It's pissing me off because it looks all different and I don't know where anything is due to being old and grumpy and unable to deal with change any more.

First time using it last night and exact same issue
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
ordered a band 1

should be here next week

Nice! Let us know how you get on with it.
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

First time using it last night and exact same issue

I think I've just about got my head around it now, although I can't seem to snap achievements on the right when playing Xbox 360 games which is irritating.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is keeping me occupied for now, though.
oJNAo
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the new update, makes starting parties easier now
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
ordered a band 1

should be here next week

Nice! Let us know how you get on with it.

problem is I have gladular fever and a dodgy arm from surgery so probably wont get much use in the near future but whe i saw it at £70 brand new I jumped at it
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
problem is I have gladular fever and a dodgy arm from surgery so probably wont get much use in the near future but whe i saw it at £70 brand new I jumped at it

Sorry to hear that, old chap - although you can still use it to track your sleep for the time being.

At £70 it's almost rude not to get one! Way better than the equivalently priced Fitbit or Jawbone etc.
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone else is tempted by a £70 fitness band:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Microsoft-Band/productID.314504900
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, that'll be the first i use it for
Jambo

16th Nov 15 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not loving Microsoft at the moment.

Just purchased an Xbox one, my god what a clusterfuck.

I had also "upgraded" to Windows10, which I wasn't a huge fan of and many applications I had one my Laptop (Acer) weren't compatible so I rolled back to 8.1 and now my laptop has AIDS.

Annoyed.com
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, I see you also fall into the "old and grumpy and unable to deal with change" category - welcome to the club!
Jambo

16th Nov 15 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a distinct possiblilty of that

I didn't mind Windows 10, but I was one of the few who actually liked 8.1 (Plus I installed startisback) and loved the Metro screen and everything about it tbh. My laptop is touch screen and it just worked well. Windows 10 seems confused, didn't like Cortana, didn't want to have all Microsoft accounts to link into it all, Start button was worse than my custom one on 8.1 but the biggest gripe was things like my Dolby Surround program got deleted when I installed 10 and a few other things I use...

On the plus side, really liked the new File Explorer and Icons etc..

Maybe when SP1 comes out I will upgrade, by that time more stuff will be compatible I hope!
kz

23rd Nov 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost tempted to get one of these just to try out! Amazon have been bashing out some brilliant prices on Windows stuff recently...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BLU-Win-Dual-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00XVYDZEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448264282&sr=8-1&keywords=blu+win+hd

Orange or yellow ftw
Jambo

23rd Nov 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good but not sure I have ever heard of BLU
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Nov 15 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front says BLÜ, back says BLU. What's up with that?

evilrob
Premium Member

5th Feb 16 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick update:

I have not yet purchased a Microsoft Band 2, but I'm increasingly tempted by one.

I've got used to the new Xbox One user interface - however, it seems buggier than it used to be and has crashed to the point of having to turn it off and on again a few times.

Windows 10 Mobile is a hot mess - I've been running the insider preview on my Lumia 920 and 930 for the past few months and it's awful. The Lumia 950 / 950XL are fugly.

So until W10M gets its shit together and there's a Surface Phone, I've got myself an iPhone 6S to tide me over.

Sorry, Microsoft. I was ready to love you again and you bollocksed it all up.

[Edited on 05-02-2016 by evilrob]
Balling
Premium Member

5th Feb 16 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So "Mostly Microsoft, most of the time" then?

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with W10?

kz

5th Feb 16 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They really did fuck those phones up, but they're doing such good work with the apps... Outlook with Sunrise integration, Wunderlist and now SwiftKey

Not getting a Band 2, just not different enough imo. To be honest if I were to do it again, I'd get a Pebble Time Round.
evilrob
Premium Member

6th Feb 16 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
So "Mostly Microsoft, most of the time" then?

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with W10?

Somewhat Microsoft, but only for playing games on a console that crashes a lot now. And running.

What's right with W10M would be a shorter discussion!

Pocketnow were probably the biggest apologists for Windows Phone and even they can't scrape together a good review for the 950XL/W10M:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNgfEVk8oo

Even Tom Warren of The Verge has given up:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10864034/windows-phone-is-dead

[Edited on 07-02-2016 by evilrob]
evilrob
Premium Member

10th Feb 16 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
They really did fuck those phones up, but they're doing such good work with the apps... Outlook with Sunrise integration, Wunderlist and now SwiftKey

Not getting a Band 2, just not different enough imo. To be honest if I were to do it again, I'd get a Pebble Time Round.

Thing is all of those applications are better on other platforms.

They're even bringing their WordFlow keyboard to iOS and Android this year; one of the best things about Windows Phone was the WordFlow keyboard - best virtual keyboard out there by a country mile.
kz

10th Feb 16 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, I meant I'm using all those apps on my iPhone lol.

Still think Surface > everything else though.

<<  18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll