corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple

Poll: Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple
Better the devil you know - stick with Apple; if it ain't broke... 14 (43.75%)
Do it! (I have loads of Microsoft stuff and it all works well) 8 (25%)
Do it! (I'd be interested to hear how shit an all-Microsoft setup is without spending any of my own money) 10 (31.25%)

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not Microsoft at all, ever again - UPDATE 04/05/2017 - Gone back to Apple
evilrob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Mar 15 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jbguitarking
After using windows 10 preview on my pc I'm now looking at switching from an iPhone 5s to a Lumia 735!

Read this whole thread and I'm really intrigue by windows mobile now.

Awesome! Well if you need any help if/when you get one - you know where to come!
evilrob
Premium Member

13th Mar 15 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
We are getting Lumia 730's at work next month. Will be a good excuse to trial out windows mobile

Nice! We just got Galaxy S5s at work with Good for Enterprise to replace our Blackberries. It's fucking horrible.

I hope the corporate Windows Phone experience is better - let us know how you get on!
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Mar 15 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a year of Xbox Music (Microsoft's Spotify equivalent) for $31.41 - today only:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/12-Month-Xbox-Music-Pass/productID.258412400?WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_12055_PiDay_en_US_V2_3-14-15_Hero_BuyNow#servicetypeid=6_CT

[Edited on 14-03-2015 by evilrob]
evilrob
Premium Member

17th Mar 15 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can now preorder the Microsoft Band wearable in the UK for £169:
http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-gb

Obviously I've gone ahead and ordered one.

Anyone else?

edit: £10 cashback via Quidco

[Edited on 17-03-2015 by evilrob]
evilrob
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truth be told, the Xperia Z3 is an itch that just won't go away - I love everything about it except the fact it runs Android. Was this close to sticking the Lumia 930 on eBay and getting an Xperia Z3 and Sony Smartwatch 3 (for the built-in GPS).

However, the Band came up for preorder which has more features for around the same money and is cross-phone compatible, so the all-Microsoft experiment continues!

I'd have got an Xbox One in white for £279.99 as well at the same time if they had any in stock, but luckily for my wallet, they're out of stock.

I also got a 12-month Xbox Music subscription for about $30 the other day (£20 roughly). It's no Spotify; not even close in my opinion. But to get a year's worth of streaming tunes for two months' worth of Spotify I'll grin and bear it.
evilrob
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In case you've been following this thread but have missed the discussion specifically on the Microsoft Band (including a competition in April to win one), head this way:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=666637

[Edited on 30-03-2015 by evilrob]
kz

30th Mar 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an factory sealed/unopened Xbox One sitting here in white (the Sunset Overdrive bundle) in case you're interested! I've always been a PlayStation guy but bought the Xbox has it has 4oD which is massively important to me... but I've decided to get a new TV, and it has YouView built in with 4oD so I've decided to sell the Xbox and go back to my roots!

I'll let it go for £275 plus whatever the postage is. Only place that has them in stock now is Amazon for £349.95
evilrob
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, you complete bastard - why would you tempt me like that.

Yes, I am interested!

[Edited on 31-03-2015 by evilrob]
kz

31st Mar 15 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay well I also have Far Cry 4, Forza Horizon 2, and the Media Remote (all still sealed) I'll do the whole bundle for £350 but let me know if you'd be interested in just one or two of those things and I'll sort a price out.
evilrob
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fussed about Far Cry, but I'd take the rest off your hands no probs.

I'll actually be over that way (Basildon/Rayleigh) on the 16th May, save you faffing about posting it?
kz

31st Mar 15 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye could do mate, though looked online and tracked delivery is only a tenner... was going to say £320 for the bundle without Far Cry, but would split the postage so £325 all in if you wanted it quicker. That'd be via bank transfer or PayPal gift though, unless you fancied paying the fees.
evilrob
Premium Member

1st Apr 15 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MS-DOS Mobile available for download:
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/ms-dos-mobile/8573c4a8-b9df-4409-90a6-dad2dc0b6b26

[Edited on 01-04-2015 by evilrob]
Cavey

1st Apr 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dosbox?
pow
Premium Member

1st Apr 15 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you play nibbles?
kz

1st Apr 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check your U2Us Rob
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol those dos loading messages bring back memories.

I remember having to tweak the EMM extended memory settings in the config.sys files to get doom 2 to run lol.
DaveyLC

2nd Apr 15 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the ANSI camera software!
evilrob
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Loving the ANSI camera software!

Genius, isn't it!
evilrob
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Can you play nibbles?

Haha! Sadly no QBasic.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorilla.bas
evilrob
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Gorilla.bas

YES!
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Apr 15 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Can you play nibbles?

Haha! Sadly no QBasic.

Can play RPS tho
kz

2nd Apr 15 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have to fire up the missus' old Lumia and try this out

So, Surface 3...

What think? Personally, although it looks a good machine, it's DOA for me. The pricing and the sizing just isn't different enough from from the Pro model. The i3 Pro is £550 at Currys atm, and once you've added the stylus to the Surface 3 (which doesn't come with one, whereas the Pro model does) you're looking at £465. That's £85 difference between the two, I mean the better kickstand on the Pro model alone is worth that!

A 7-8" Surface Mini coming in at £250 (maybe a little more) would have been a no brainer.

Lets hope they do something special with the Surface Pro 4.
evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Apr 15 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm not convinced by the Surface 3 at all. I'd stump up the extra for the i3 Pro all the way.
oceansoul

14th Apr 15 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
We are getting Lumia 730's at work next month. Will be a good excuse to trial out windows mobile

Nice! We just got Galaxy S5s at work with Good for Enterprise to replace our Blackberries. It's fucking horrible.

I hope the corporate Windows Phone experience is better - let us know how you get on!

Got my lumia 735 now. I'm quite liking it. It's certainly different though.

Syncs perfectly well with the works exchange servers and also my own microsoft account. Did try to merge all my contacts though.

Tunein radio app i use quite a lot on my android phone, has the "sign in with google account" option, which the win mobile app doesnt have, so i cant seem to log in. Im not to sure how the "sign in with xxxxxx" actually works as it didnt accepct my google email and password.

Rob, do you know of any other RDP apps? I have the offical one installed, but that doesnt seem to do screen scaling or setting of the screen size for the remote connection. I connect to a machine that needs the screen size setting at 1280x1024. I use Pocket Cloud RDP on android and can do it on there.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll