corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple being complete fu**tards (ipod help)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple being complete fu**tards (ipod help)
Matt L

User status: Offline
6th Dec 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well... plugged mine in to the computer day asked if i wanted to update it.... so thought ill give mr apple the benifit of the doubt and assumes he can make something that is pain free so decided to update.....

10mins later i get greated to a message saying that it has been unable to update due to 'an unknown error'.... great... so try to reset the ipod which tells me i need to plug it back into the computer, itunes says i need to restore it (but will only let me restore it and then update it)... so ok i click yes 5mins later same unknown error message appears

so now i have an ipod touch that well.... cant do anything because it wont restore back to factory settings and i bought it off a store on amazon so cant really see how im going to sort it out

anyone got any ideas on how the funk i fix this crap?

once again im left wanting to stab mr apple with a very blunt spoon
mwg

6th Dec 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have an Apple store nearby it might be worth a visit as they are meant to be pretty good at sorting things out for you
Matt L

6th Dec 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok its fixed now apple in there infinite wisdom dont tell you that you need to update itunes itself first before you update the ipod
Rob_Quads

6th Dec 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally the insutrctions will say make sure you are running version X or the latest version before updating. I know I've seen it a number of times for the iPhone
ed

7th Dec 09 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally it would update iTunes before even carrying out the update, weird that it didn't

New Poll