corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Cricket Thread 2013.

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Cricket Thread 2013.
Cavey

User status: Offline
21st Nov 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe they want to raise the pension age to 70?! Cunts.
Robbo

21st Nov 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Awesome to wake up to a 5fer from Broady, Fucking brilliant way to piss off the Aussies!
Jamie Walby

21st Nov 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great to see Broad score 5 cricket goals
Cavey

22nd Nov 13 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, my bet on Johnson getting 2 or more wickets came in

Didn't think it'd be done by tea though! Shit.
Robbo

22nd Nov 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unbelievable #PrayforRain
JonnyJ

22nd Nov 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was fuming when i got up, looked what we got them out for and thought, not too bad that, how are we going...oh. Shit.
Robbo

22nd Nov 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same! Luckily i had a text come through 2 mins later from the bird im meeting on sunday which tempered my utter rage!
Russ

22nd Nov 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we are realistic, it was just a ridiculous spell

hopefully rain will save us though
Dave

22nd Nov 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was fucking pez

Worrying trend too, it's been a long time since England's batsmen properly fired, the bowlers have been pulling them out for way too long now. Not a chance they are getting out of this one though.
JonnyJ

22nd Nov 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a good thing for the series though, sets it up nicely.

But you're right, our batsmen just are not on it. Prior is having a shocking run, he never got going in the last series, Root isnt fairing much better either.
MoesTavern

22nd Nov 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnson was really steaming in, that ball that got Carberry out looked pretty fucking quick to me
p

22nd Nov 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an awful second day, utterly abysmal. Cook seriously needs to return to Oz form rather than England form from the summer gone. And to think, we had a really good day in the field, then we produce that batting display? Utterly shocking. Think this test is nearly all over now.

Also, it doesn't always happen, but if one or two get out cheaply with few runs, others generally follow, and that certainly was the case. We have 5 or 6 cricketers who realistically on their day can get 200, so to finish on what we finished on really was a seriously poor effort. Major disappointed.
Cavey

22nd Nov 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to listen to something Ather's said instead of falling asleep, and apparently our last 3 series abroad have been awful first innings, ironically this was our best.

I wouldn't be too upset with it. Admittedly it was awful today, but I think Cook, and Trott will come good in the series
Cavey

23rd Nov 13 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ. This sounds awful.

Trott has a come a liability against Johnson
Dave

23rd Nov 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't seen it yet, was just listening to TMS on the way to work but the Trott dismissal sounded horrendous, taking on the short ball when you are 10-1 chasing 500+ is unforgivable. It's also not even brave walking across and trying to hit it, bravery is taking a few hits or ducking and swaying, it just seems like massive arrogance from someone who isn't as good as they think they are.
JonnyJ

23rd Nov 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was awful Dave. Decided to avoid here and Twitter and watched the highlights this morning, hoping for a miracle and it was pretty grim viewing. Trott needs to give his head a wobble, such a stupid shot.

Carberry was a bit unlucky, played a defensive shot into the ground and bounced onto his stumps.

We're fucked. 1-0, time to start playing now England.
JonnyJ

24th Nov 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, that was an eye opener, crushing defeat. Need to work out a way to stop Johnson because he's ripping us to shreds.
Dave

24th Nov 13 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prior, wtf! That was proper village. Too many players getting out to very average balls again, caught down leg, flashing at wide balls, pulling when there are men back, all strikes me as arrogance on England's part and a massive lack of valuing your wicket and working hard for runs.
C2RL R

24th Nov 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the Gabba yesterday, shocking day of cricket and there was hardly any atmosphere. Christ knows where the barmy army were but they were not at the ground. i don't suppose it would have spurred england on even if the place was full of england fans.
Cavey

24th Nov 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you guys stand on the "sledging" I'm not too fussed about Warners comments on trott, as frankly, he's right. But the shit given to Andersen seems a bit too much and unnecessary really. Obviously they don't like him.

Also don't think they should be trying to wind up the England players, but time will tell on that
p

24th Nov 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Where do you guys stand on the "sledging" I'm not too fussed about Warners comments on trott, as frankly, he's right. But the shit given to Andersen seems a bit too much and unnecessary really. Obviously they don't like him.

Also don't think they should be trying to wind up the England players, but time will tell on that

The sledging in the match is one thing, outside the match seems to be another.... And I guess that goes for Twitter as well, possibly. You also need to differentiate between 'sledging' and 'banter' as well I think.

I agree with you, Warner's comments were no where near as harsh as Sky Sports were making out, far from it. Didn't have a problem particularly with what he said, as I say not as vitriolic as what Sky made.

And were the comments on Anderson about the broken arm? Seems really quite a shocking thing to say to be honest.
p

24th Nov 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
I went to the Gabba yesterday, shocking day of cricket and there was hardly any atmosphere. Christ knows where the barmy army were but they were not at the ground. i don't suppose it would have spurred england on even if the place was full of england fans.

Lucky!

It's what I was wondering too, just where the hell are they? Perhaps many just haven't gone to Brisbane? I heard some trumpet action for a short while, then nothing! Think it was on day 3....
p

24th Nov 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I managed to listen to something Ather's said instead of falling asleep, and apparently our last 3 series abroad have been awful first innings, ironically this was our best.

I wouldn't be too upset with it. Admittedly it was awful today, but I think Cook, and Trott will come good in the series

This is true, so why aren't they putting it right? Why are silly mistakes being made in the middle? What we need is a partnership and some real long time in the middle, but we just didn't get any of that.
Cavey

24th Nov 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the broken arm comments, seems a bit too far, but there could well be a lot more we don't hear

Also quite rich George Bailey getting involved giving how little he did to the Aussie csuse
p

24th Nov 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, the broken arm comments, seems a bit too far, but there could well be a lot more we don't hear

Also quite rich George Bailey getting involved giving how little he did to the Aussie csuse

Yeah we don't always hear what goes on, but those comments were pretty bad I though.

I just hope they step it up big time for the second test. Think it's Perth next.

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Cricket Thread 2013. 23 database queries in 0.1073401 seconds