corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Cricket Thread 2013.

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Cricket Thread 2013.
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Nov 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup. We shouldn't need any motivation, but if we did...they've got it now
Cavey

25th Nov 13 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trott has quit the tour

"Stress related illness" So it only took 1 lot of public abuse to break him.
Aaron

25th Nov 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all have our limits. The Aussies seem to be resorting to their usual psychological tactics in order to get the upper hand (credit to them for being good at this though, cunts)...and it looks to have tipped him over the edge in my opinion. His performance in the first test appear to have revealed perhaps a lack of self confidence etc, and he's been pushed to his breaking point (or close to it).

The Aussies will dine out on this for a while IMO.
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some things are bigger than cricket, hope he sorts himself out. Wonder if Warner knew about his issues before he made those comments? Wouldnt put it past him that he did...
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally think this is all a bit selfish actually. could very easily have said he was injured blah blah and come out with it afterwards. its ruined any chances of england doing well and fans paid thousands to follow england out there.

He's also destroyed his career IMO. Do feel for the bloke though, although Trescothick managed to do OK in the end albeit it a much lower level.
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What difference would lying about his reasons for leaving have made to Englands chances?

Not selfish in the slightest, it would've been selfish staying on knowing he wasnt coping and getting out for single figures every match and not getting treatment, making his condition worse. Himself and his family must come first.

[Edited on 25-11-2013 by JonnyJ]
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he could have gone home and said he was injured etc. and got treatment etc.. England were on the ropes before, this is the KO blow. Hope Im wrong but.
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But i still dont see how him saying hes suffering from a mental health problem is the KO blow for England? Why? What difference would him saying hes broken his leg make?
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase we look even weaker than we already were. the aussies are bastards like this, they'll feed on it
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on, he hasnt got a mental illness because some Aussies shouted at him We arent going to start losing half our squad with similar issues

It probably didnt help matters but i bet the stresses of being on tour, in a huge test series was more of a reason.
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously... but theyll use it to taunt the players etc. just personally think his leaving and the reaosns could have been kept sperate whilst the series is ongoing
Steve
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most depressing week ever of Sport for me, England footballlosing against Germany, England cricket losing the first test, England rugby losing against Newzealand in the last few seconds, and the United result wasnt great either.
C2RL R

27th Nov 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Aussies are lapping it up. Today Triple M radio refused to play any music by English bands. They are the most arrogant fuckers ever. I've heard of sore losers, these guy are sore winners. Fucking think they're indigenous half of them. Wonder what their grandparents would think about the shit they're spouting.
Cavey

27th Nov 13 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it really annoy you that much what they're doing?

I couldn't care less tbh, obviously I dislike the aussies, but fairplay to their media for getting behind their team, even if they are cunts.

As for the ICC asking them to tone down the sledging, why would they? I agree with Johnson (again unfortunately) that it seems to be putting off the England players, fair play to them for disrupting their opposition
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it admirable how their media is behind them, our media would be bashing ourselves
Aaron

27th Nov 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Australia are whopping arse in the psychological battle.
C2RL R

27th Nov 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it does annoy me. Triple M have gone from having a go at the cricket team and fans to boycotting anything English. What the fuck do English bands have to do with anything? I personally hope we destroy them in the remaining tests. They've gotten all the arrogance back that they had 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong I think it's great that they get behind their team but certain groups are just acting like children.
Cavey

28th Nov 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Bresnan is back and doing ok, good replacement for Trott, better than Stokes as a potential replacement anyway
Cavey

7th Dec 13 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is getting embarrassing now
Cavey

7th Dec 13 at 04:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, thats a lie, this IS embarrassing, how did they not prepare for Johnsons pace? 111-3 to 117-7. Absolutely useless
JonnyJ

7th Dec 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came in from a night out last night and stuck tms on, hoping we'd dug in and at least shown some resistance...Bell in the middle, not bad, with Monty...Jesus wept.

We are batting on the same pitch that they just smashed over 500 off. It's a Fucking joke. We're scared of Johnson and whilst he's bowling well we simply must find a way to stop him.

The Ashes are gone now, we'll get dicked in Perth

[Edited on 07-12-2013 by JonnyJ]
Cavey

7th Dec 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was up at 4 for work, thought I bet we're 6 down by now...135-9
C2RL R

15th Dec 13 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolute wank England. Prior is a useless cunt. Broad on his way to hospital with a suspected break after johnson pinged him on the foot at 151kph. australia 0/157. I predict this innings will see australia top 500 runs.
C2RL R

15th Dec 13 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicket just as i wrote that!
Cavey

15th Dec 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trouble is they're playing without fear, knowing that they can go after the bowlers and if they get out its no problem as the next man in will get 50+ anyway.

Theyve completely stuffed us in every depertment , they've nullified swann by going after him, Jimmy has been toothless as there seems to be little to no swing. Broad has been the only one taking wickets, and hes injured. I know Finn is hardly consistent but he should of been in this test to add a bit of pace instead of mid 80s dobbers being thrown down

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Cricket Thread 2013. 23 database queries in 0.1041129 seconds