corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Time to jump from the iPhone ship... What's next?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time to jump from the iPhone ship... What's next?
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
5th May 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've had an iPhone since day one, iPod, iPad etc etc

My contracts due up next month and I think it's time to move away from the brand and get something else

I've been looking at reviews for all the new phones and obviously the S4 and HTC one are coming out on top! I suppose it comes down to what contract they will give me but with me not being majorly up on phones could anyone help me more?

All I use my phone for is Bluetooth music in my car, Net/emails and general YouTube browsing so nothing too in depth. The ease of the iPhone's IOS is something I think I'm going to miss is the HTC's 'Sense' any good? Feel like straying away from Android would be a mistake though.
Gary
Premium Member

5th May 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the s4 mainly because of Samsungs touch wiz as I don't like htc's but the one looks nicer than the s4 imo and I think it's slightly better specced also.
John

5th May 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nexus 4
Marc

5th May 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Samsungs feel as well made as the iPhones, they feel a lot lighter and plasticy. I'm not convinced with Windows phones.

I quite like the new Blackberry Z10 and I think thats what I would get if I didn't have the iP5.
CORSA NUT

5th May 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all the tests I've seen the HTC doesn't perform any better dispute the added power.

Just looking at the S4 and fuck me can it do some fancy stuff The Motorola RAZR looks impressive as well! Gonna have to go in store for a play methinks
Eck
Premium Member

5th May 13 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at the Sony Xperia Z? Very nice looking phone with a decent spec too. Tbh, any of the latest phones will have no bother with the usage you require. I'm in the same boat and tempted to try a Windows phone now that I've had iOS and android.
JordyCarter

5th May 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the samsung s3 s4 etc are always the best
Dom

5th May 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I've got the s4 mainly because of Samsungs touch wiz as I don't like htc's but the one looks nicer than the s4 imo and I think it's slightly better specced also.

S4 is slightly better spec'd and is (very) marginally better in benchmarks but HTC One looks and feels nicer tbh.

CORSA NUT - If you want Android then Nexus 4 and HTC One, otherwise i'd really recommend trying the new Blackberrys (Z10 and Q10; personally i think they're bloody awesome) or HTC 8X/Nokia 920.

[Edited on 05-05-2013 by Dom]
AlunJ

5th May 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going HTC was the worst thing I did, sold it and bought an iPhone again.
Jay

5th May 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having the same dilemma myself, wasnt going to upgrade my iphone 4 but its got a few faults now that are pissing me off.

Carphonewarehouse are offering £118 trade in but its not in the best condition, does this matter? Visually it looks fine.
CORSA NUT

5th May 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ

Was that the HTC One Alun? Because if not I think they've moved there game on massively with the 'One' as apposed to there old phones like the Magic.
CORSA NUT

5th May 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

S4 is slightly better spec'd and is (very) marginally better in benchmarks but HTC One looks and feels nicer tbh.

CORSA NUT - If you want Android then Nexus 4 and HTC One, otherwise i'd really recommend trying the new Blackberrys (Z10 and Q10; personally i think they're bloody awesome) or HTC 8X/Nokia 920.

As far as I've read Dom the HTC uses a new Sense 5.0 as apposed to Android?!
Dom

5th May 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

As far as I've read Dom the HTC uses a new Sense 5.0 as apposed to Android?!

Samsung TouchWiz and HTC Sense are simply interfaces for Android, so they have their own versions of some of the default apps, like the launcher, contacts, phone, messenger/sms, email etc etc. It's still Android underneath however.

Obviously if you fancy the Vanilla Android experience, as you'd get on a Nexus 4 etc, then there are vanilla ROMs available (there are for most Android phones); just have a look on XDA or Modaco.
Russ

5th May 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Nexus 4
Cavey

5th May 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not had a problem with my Nexus, so another vote for that here

My Sensation XE kept having to be restarted after 9 months or so, wouldn't get another HTC now
AlunJ

6th May 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ

Was that the HTC One Alun? Because if not I think they've moved there game on massively with the 'One' as apposed to there old phones like the Magic.

Sensation XL
CORSA NUT

6th May 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered an S4 in white had a good play in the shop. Just for to transfer all my music etc over now when it comes
Jay

6th May 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you turn that thing of that moves the screen with your eyes
corsayoung

6th May 13 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ordered an S4 in white had a good play in the shop. Just for to transfer all my music etc over now when it comes

When I went from iPhone to my S3 iit automatically copied all contacts, images and that all over for me when I plugged the phone in for the first time. Not that it matters as now your off the apple steam train all your Facebook friends will now be your contacts too.
Gary
Premium Member

7th May 13 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Can you turn that thing of that moves the screen with your eyes

Yeah, it's pointless anyway
3CorsaMeal

7th May 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Samsung is the first phone i've had in a long time where i'm really happy and everything seems to work.

The only thing that can be annoying is my wifi dropping but i think that a router & phone compatibility issue not the phone.

I'm going to be a samsung fanboy from now on
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th May 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Nexus 4
mwg

7th May 13 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm in the same boat and tempted to try a Windows phone now that I've had iOS and android.

do you not find it a ball ache changing between different OS? Lose all your apps etc.
Rob_Quads

7th May 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing if they have switched before they don't have much investment in the apps so its a fairly easy switch to make.

Eck
Premium Member

7th May 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't bother me really. A few games are all I'll lose With the bonus of never using iTunes again.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll