corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool SOLD

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool SOLD
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
6th Oct 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But still no investment for players?

New owners or not it doesnt change the on field situation that if Liverpool dont make the CL this season, they won't for a while. The new top 4 will just get stronger and stronger and will attract CL quality players while Liverpool lose them and begin to slip into the europa type team or even worse.
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
But still no investment for players?

New owners or not it doesnt change the on field situation that if Liverpool dont make the CL this season, they won't for a while. The new top 4 will just get stronger and stronger and will attract CL quality players while Liverpool lose them and begin to slip into the europa type team or even worse.

Thats all coming out via Broughton (temp Chairman). They havent come out and said anything moneywise yet. He did say they would release funds but it obviously wont be on the City/Chelsea scale.

Id be happy with them just giving us £20m a summer + sales. As all we've had the last 3 summers is less than we've had via sales.

If it means we sit out the CL for the next 3 years whilst we sort out the stadium situation and get in a position similar to Arsenal where we are making plenty of money to compete with the other sides (obviously with a manager who will buy players, not Wenger) then so be it.
JonnyJ

6th Oct 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is you end up in a catch 22 situation. No CL means you either have to find some young gems and build them into a CL quality team or just wait for one of the current top 4 (i class as Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal & City) to drop out, like Tottenham did with you, which doesnt happen very often. The longer you play in the Europa, the less likely you are able to sign players like Torres, Reina, Cole and the more you end up with Konchesky and Kyrgiakos. Its like a vicious cycle. No CL without CL quality squad, no quality squad with CL football. Reputation can only go so far
Ben G

6th Oct 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was only yesterday i read that hicks apparently said neither of the 2 offers received were enough as they wouldn't make much/any profit?
Tom

6th Oct 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it was only yesterday i read that hicks apparently said neither of the 2 offers received were enough as they wouldn't make much/any profit?

Hicks isn't in control of the club, the board (who were basically put in place by RBS) are.
monty46

7th Oct 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think they stand to lose £135 mil
Cosmo

7th Oct 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Thing is you end up in a catch 22 situation. No CL means you either have to find some young gems and build them into a CL quality team or just wait for one of the current top 4 (i class as Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal & City) to drop out, like Tottenham did with you, which doesnt happen very often. The longer you play in the Europa, the less likely you are able to sign players like Torres, Reina, Cole and the more you end up with Konchesky and Kyrgiakos. Its like a vicious cycle. No CL without CL quality squad, no quality squad with CL football. Reputation can only go so far

You say that but we signed Cole without CL football. And Reina was purely down to good scouting rather than him being a big name coming to us for CL football. Players of the Torres ilk I agree with unless they have some sort of connection to us.

And we signed Kyrgiakos whilst being in the CL
Cosmo

7th Oct 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monty46
Think they stand to lose £135 mil

They loaned the club £140m ish to replay the loans down from the highest point of £350m to £230m, plus had to cover the difference between the interest costs and what the club made.

This was all via loans and not cash injection. But because the RBS loan has the first call on any money as per terms of the agreement that is going to wipe out all the cash from the offer.
mwg

7th Oct 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cole probably came in the belief that last season was a blip and you'd have every chance of making the CL places this year. If you had been out of the CL for 2 or 3 seasons would Cole still of come?
Cosmo

7th Oct 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Cole probably came in the belief that last season was a blip and you'd have every chance of making the CL places this year. If you had been out of the CL for 2 or 3 seasons would Cole still of come?

TBH I dont know the reasons why he came.

He took a risk in doing so tbh with Torres and Gerrard still not confirmed as staying. Plus must of known we'd of go no money to spend off the yanks so chances of getting above the other teams was low.
Hammer

7th Oct 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Cole isn't the player some people would have you believe tbh, when he's on form he is top drawer but does he give enough end product consistently?

I certainly wouldn't put him with Reina, Gerrard and Torres who are on their day some of the best players in the world.
Cosmo

7th Oct 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt put Cole in that bracket either - he can be as good as those but not nearly often enough. He is however when in good form a CL team player easily.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u excited cosmo, that your team will be owned by jews

did you know the jews killed jesus?

i think this year i will be supporting the red devils

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool SOLD 24 database queries in 0.0129681 seconds