corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool SOLD

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool SOLD
Cosmo

User status: Offline
6th Oct 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
lol I like the fact you can appear now this is happening but not when Blackpool beat you 2-1 at Anfield

1st thing i thought when i saw this thread.

Fairweather fans

You'll find Ive also posted in that thread too!
Tom

6th Oct 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
lol I like the fact you can appear now this is happening but not when Blackpool beat you 2-1 at Anfield

1st thing i thought when i saw this thread.

Fairweather fans

Fairweather FLOL.

We'll see who's fairweather when you're debts start kicking you in the balls
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll be when i reveal I'm really an Arsenal fan...

I can't see things getting that bad at OT tbh, Thankfully we have a huge fanbase worldwide and are one of the most profit making sports club's in the world so we will never be short of suitors looking to bail us out of trouble should we ever encounter real financial trouble.

You wouldn't catch me jumping ship anyway as United are actually my local team
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The moment Luton hit financial trouble I'm outta there.
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I can't see things getting that bad at OT tbh, Thankfully we have a huge fanbase worldwide and are one of the most profit making sports club's in the world so we will never be short of suitors looking to bail us out of trouble should we ever encounter real financial trouble.

The problem is when the debt figure goes beyond what the club is worth by a fair distance. Its all well and good saying you have a massive fan base (so do we) but you dont find many people willing to throw billion+ to buy a club worth half that.

Your revenues (taking player sales out of it) fell last year so your profit levels arent continually rising - your debt levels are though as no interest gets paid and it rolls over.
Tom

quote:

I don't think you'll face the same problems we have had to, but you never know what might happen it's still a scary amount of debt however you look at it.

You'd never catch me jumping ship either
Tom

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Glory hunter
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Glory hunter

Rumbled
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
You'd never catch me jumping ship either

Or me, but City have a mega rich owner so I doubt I'll have to jump ship from them for money reasons.
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

The problem is when the debt figure goes beyond what the club is worth by a fair distance. Its all well and good saying you have a massive fan base (so do we) but you dont find many people willing to throw billion+ to buy a club worth half that.

Your revenues (taking player sales out of it) fell last year so your profit levels arent continually rising - your debt levels are though as no interest gets paid and it rolls over.

Does it though? I think we owe £6/700m and we've already had 2 £1bn offer's refused by the the Glazer's, So i don't think you can say we're worth half that can you?

I wouldn't expect many many business' profit margin's to be on the up at this time in this financial climate though tbh, let alone many sports clubs, as in reality it's a luxury/hobby isn't it?.

But still i bet our finances look a hell of a lot better than Chelsea's, Man City's, Liverpool's & probably even Tottenham's & Aston Villa's especially taking into account what they've achieved

Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Does it though? I think we owe £6/700m and we've already had 2 £1bn offer's refused by the the Glazer's, So i don't think you can say we're worth half that can you?

I wouldn't expect many many business' profit margin's to be on the up at this time in this financial climate though tbh, let alone many sports clubs, as in reality it's a luxury/hobby isn't it?.

But still i bet our finances look a hell of a lot better than Chelsea's, Man City's, Liverpool's & probably even Tottenham's & Aston Villa's especially taking into account what they've achieved

Please show me where offers were turned down and confirmation of those prices please.

New sponsorship deals with top clubs are at higher values. Most clubs are seeing gate receipts rise via higher ticket prices and steady attendances. New TV deals have come in to play recently which are for higher amounts. So actually clubs should be seeing growing revenues - I know we have been.

And are you living with your head in the ground or something? Youve £700m+ debt, and you think your finances look better than all those? FPSML You are Doyle and I claim my £10.
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you going on holiday again??
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Harsh.
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry did you just call me Doyle for saying our finances look better than teams such as city who made losses of over £300m over 2 season's ? or Chelsea who lose god know's how much per season when they annual turnover is a fraction of United

Or maybe you mean Liverpool who were/are days away from being repossessed like a cheap BrightHouse Telly?

Our turnover & profit is far superior to most, loan's aside of course

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Ben D]
Nath

6th Oct 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Harsh.

Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm sorry did you just call me Doyle for saying our finances look better than teams such as city who made losses of over £300m over 2 season's ? or Chelsea who lose god know's how much per season when they annual turnover is a fraction of United

Or maybe you mean Liverpool who were/are days away from being repossessed like a cheap BrightHouse Telly?

Our turnover & profit is far superior to most, loan's aside of course

Right Doyle...

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have debt at an enormous level - something like 2 or 3x turnover sort of level. With repayments wiping out more than the amount of profit you're making so it has to be rolled up year on year. How is that putting you in any sort of better position than ANY club?

City may of made a loss of £300m or whatever, but that would still put their debt level at lower than yours.Chelsea may well of made continual losses the past few season, but that would still put their debt level at lower than yours.

Not to mention both have had their losses covered, in cash, but rich owners so it never actually made it to debt.

Loans aside? You say that like they arent really there. They are, and they wipe out your profit (which isnt as great as you think by the way) plus a whole lot more each year.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right who here wants to kiss and make up
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
right who here wants to kiss and make up

Only if you're American.
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what your saying is, we've got a bit of an overdraft?

It'll be fine, We'll just get some American investor's in they always do well...
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So what your saying is, we've got a bit of an overdraft?

It'll be fine, We'll just get some American investor's in they always do well...

Strange, as its kind of a dig at us but also a massive one at yourself - but you have no problem apparently!
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got to look at the funny side, look M8 I'm not saying our situation is ideal but it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out.

In a way it's good to know that we are still operating at the level we are not only without a benefactor but even with the large amount of debt's we have against the club

Edit: Fixed

Steve
Premium Member

6th Oct 10 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be 'look m8'

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Steve]
Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You've got to look at the funny side, look Mate I'm not saying our situation is ideal but it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out.

In a way it's good to know that we are still operating at the level we are not only without a benefactor but even with the large amount of debt's we have against the club

You sound more like Doyle with every post
Ben D

6th Oct 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case I'm going to shut up

sorry Steve.. Fixed it

Cosmo

6th Oct 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300m deal

£240m cash (so no loans) will go to RBS. £60m facility being kept on and secured by NESV. This is for £20m working capital and £40m for stadium development.

They will look to either build new stadium or redevelop Anfield. No recent costings have been done for either so will undertake those to make an informed decision. Personally think the new stadium is the only answer.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool SOLD 23 database queries in 0.1958249 seconds