corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jan 15 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

Jesus Christ Daz you do like breaking things!

I gave it a hard time if I'm honest! Turns out when you're making more than standard power the US guys recommend changing the gearbox mount so it can't flex as much which puts stress on the driveshaft/CVs like I've done.

Lesson learned then, you won't make that mistake again

Yeah exactly It's all one big learning curve at the moment! Trying to get all these teething issues sorted then hopefully I'll trust it more for the germany runs.

Not many people bother doing swaps like this and aren't as many modified ones over in the UK so quite hard to find out all these things without trying it first.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper break.

More pics soon please, fan of this thing!
Darryl H
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Proper break.

More pics soon please, fan of this thing!

Yeah I was pretty impressed!

Yeah I keep meaning to get some decent ones again. I'll do that soon just for you Dave

gidged500
Premium Member

18th Jan 15 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing after another with this car will all be worth it when you go out in it and it doesn't break
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

18th Jan 15 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it Daz! If your snapping shafts it means you need more Powahhhhh!
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Jan 15 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
One thing after another with this car will all be worth it when you go out in it and it doesn't break

I'm quite looking forward to that day!!

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Love it Daz! If your snapping shafts it means you need more Powahhhhh!

Yeah I think that's what it needs Joe... Just up the power some more But seriously I'm going to sort this get it through an MOT and then up the power some more

[Edited on 18-01-2015 by Darryl H]

Darryl H
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****

New gearbox mount and driveshafts fitted today!

The power steering bracket has managed to shed some weight again. I'm thinking of changing to manual rack as I like the feel of manual rack on the move. But going to sort that after mapping.

Here's a few photos:

New mount:

Didn't get any other photos but it wasn't too bad of a job. Was expecting it to be much worse! Hardest bit was getting enough clearance for the brace to slip through between the body and gearbox.

Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****
Well after some farting about with the Powersteering and it continuously breaking I bit the bullet and got a manual rack for it.

The best bit being this part number:

These racks are a rare find. They're whats known as the "sport" option which was only found on specially optioned cars and the 944 Turbo Cup cars.

Set about fitting it yesterday

I took it for a well earned blast in the evening and I can safely say I am very pleased with it! The feel is a lot better and it feels really nice and tight.

So as the cars MOT runs out this week I've not finally got to sort the blow coming from the turbo.

This means another strip down of the inlet and turbo:

I didn't manage to finish that today due to needing a couple of gaskets and studs to get it back together so will hopefully carry on next weekend.

[Edited on 08-02-2015 by Darryl H]

SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say you should turn it into an ambulance...
Darryl H
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rambulance? I enjoyed that episode. Glad I went for a bigger turbo! Not sure is want to be out dragged by a hurse

Marc

10th Feb 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More pics of the 911?
Darryl H
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're the only ones I've got on my phone

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As clarkson would say.....

Yyyeeesssssss. You know I love this car man. Just keeps getting better
Darryl H
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Joe

Marc

10th Feb 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost from a catalouge shoot! If you ignore the industrial estate!
3CorsaMeal

10th Feb 15 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too, love this project.
Darryl H
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kind of Marc

Thanks 3CM

Darryl H
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****
Well the car passed its MOT the week before last. Had an issue with it being really high on emissions and the washers for the windscreen weren't working... So I took it back home and gave it a look over that evening - It turned out to be a loose hose on the inlet and a bit of plastic had got in to the pump and was jamming it up. Sorted those 2 issues then it went straight through with one advisory which was handbrake needs adjustment so happy days!!

So far I'm loving having it back on the road. I'd forgotten how fun it was

Here's a couple of photos (still got to clean it):

Also I've realised that I should probably run a boost gauge now as a friend is having issues with his car overboosting yet I wouldn't know if mine was until it hit the boost cut so thought it might be wise just to put one in just incase especially with the colder weather.

So this is my idea:
Take one of these

Do some cutting and then plonk it in this hole (Still need to neaten it all up was just trying it in there to see how it looked)

The boost gauge isn't the final one. That's just a cheap one I used to set the car up with. I'll be getting a VDO gauge in the future which will match the dash.

Any thoughts/feedback are always welcome!

[Edited on 01-03-2015 by Darryl H]

BeetleGav

1st Mar 15 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky mod that, matches the curve on the vents above. Looks like it's meant to be there
Generation

1st Mar 15 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've made this car look absolutely stunning. You should be very proud
Darryl H
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Cheeky mod that, matches the curve on the vents above. Looks like it's meant to be there

Cheers Gav! Was hoping to keep it as "OEM" as possible as I normally hate gauges on pillar pods etc (Hence not having one)

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
You've made this car look absolutely stunning. You should be very proud

Thanks mate! I remember you weren't really a fan originally so that means a lot

nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Darryl. Neat little idea putting the gauge there, once the pod's tidied up it'll look great. As Gav mentioned, looks like it belongs there.

Still not massively convinced by the wheels and your brake servo needs a lick of paint

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Robin the servo can stay rust coloured for now as I'm fairly sure painting it means removing a lot around that area maybe even the turbo

The wheels are a marmite thing I think. Some angles don't do them justice as well. They're not everyone's thing but I like them a lot. Only other wheels I'd get are 16" Fuchs which are mega money for the sizes I need

[Edited on 02-03-2015 by Darryl H]

johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all this. Beautiful mate
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Cheers Robin the servo can stay rust coloured for now as I'm fairly sure painting it means removing a lot around that area maybe even the turbo

The wheels are a marmite thing I think. Some angles don't do them justice as well. They're not everyone's thing but I like them a lot. Only other wheels I'd get are 16" Fuchs which are mega money for the sizes I need

[Edited on 02-03-2015 by Darryl H]

I don't dislike them per se, I just think there would be other wheels that would suit the car better. Don't ask me what though, I haven't given it that much thought

Actually, Countach alloys. They'd look awesome lol. Similarish in style to the teledials, but way cooler.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day 24 database queries in 0.1151688 seconds