corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day

New Poll
  <<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day
--ToM--

User status: Offline
7th Nov 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great project! Proper cool just had a good read through most of it!

You done the evo triangle before? Did it recently thought it was very overrated myself lol
Ben G

7th Nov 14 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving this so many horsepowers
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent update, need some videos

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

7th Nov 14 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badass
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Online
7th Nov 14 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes yes yes. Bout bloody time it's out on the road. No idea when or why but I have to have a go in this one day brilliant project. Done properly

[Edited on 07-11-2014 by FlaFFy_91]
Steve
Premium Member

8th Nov 14 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Great project! Proper cool just had a good read through most of it!

You done the evo triangle before? Did it recently thought it was very overrated myself lol

That's because it's just a public road driven by people that are too pussy to drive on track, but think they are a driving God by driving on a normal Road with a fancy name.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Nov 14 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers All!

Tom, not done it before no. Gav and I were on about doing it ages ago as it would have been a good spot to meet up. I don't think I'm a race driver on the road I just wanted to say I've done it.

Joe, no problems

[Edited on 08-11-2014 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
--ToM--

8th Nov 14 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv driven on track plenty of times. Can't compare a public road to a track. I went with a group of mates for a Sunday drive it was good but not what people make out, plenty of better roads around horseshoe pass ways we went there on the way back. Roads are really windy so not many passing points (safe ones) so if your stuck behind slow stuff that's it then, we got stuck behind a group of lifted landrovers with loads of shit strapped to the roof and snorkels etc not a spec of mud in sight just thought because they lived near a few trees and fields it was appropriate to drive such a vehicle, right up your street Steve mate!
Darryl H
Premium Member

11th Nov 14 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****

So I sorted the water hose that had split and got the final 100 miles done. Did an oil change and put some proper coolant in it.

Then I got it mapped sunday. Got there with no issues. Took it for a gentle drive with Tom (the mapper) and he started ironing out the uneven bits of the map. We then got it on a long bit of private road where we were able to do it's first pull of the rev range. Immediately ran into our first issue. It was over boosting as the map was set to a 1 bar boost limit.

After upping the limit we did another run where we achieved a steady 1.2 bar of boost.... I ended up bottling the end of the pull because it was climbing rapidly in 3rd gear like it was 2nd

After a few issues like boost hoses popping off and losing alternator tension we went for a last pull.

Now we had connected the vacuum hoses properly we were now not losing any boost, achieving a lot more than both of us were expecting... This is now too much for the injectors. We've maxed out the injectors for a full rev range at 0.8 bar of boost - it starts to run lean on more boost.

Tom had a look online and people are claiming the standard injectors are good for 270WHP but we're not sure it's quite making that power.

So now we've left it on a safe map at 0.8 bar with the intention of upping it after xmas with new injectors and a lambda sensor which should see it making some really good power.

Delivery is pretty good at the moment but the trouble is I know what it's capable of now...

So got it home after a few issues and then I broke it right outside my house It's managed to loosen the power steering pump bolts and shims which have fallen off. So now got new ones on order from Porsche. Hopefully should be here in the week.

I'll get videos on the weekend

AlexW

13th Nov 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like its been a right pain, but sounds like its so worth it.

Epicness.
I want one.
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Alex, it has been a pain but hopefully once the niggles are sorted it's going to be some fun!

Kieran
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want one of these so bad for a drift machine. Looking good bro!
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kie! you should get on it before they go up ridiculously in price!

Kieran
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know saw a good condition one in black for £500! But in Wales lol
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol that's very cheap!!! Should have snapped it up if it ran!

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Online
14th Nov 14 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of told me kie
Not far from wales I would of bought t
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl H
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of stuff has happened since the last update... We'll say we've had a "few" issues with it

I'll get some videos in the week of it, but it seems to be a pretty capable car now! I'm finding boost incredibly addictive.

Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****

So after the last update we had a few issues.

We took it out and broke it, the wastegate had worked itself loose. We'd also noticed it was also blowing from the turbo... Great.

This meant taking off all the ancillaries to get the turbo off to change the gasket/work out why it was blowing.

Whilst dismantling it we'd found a few bolts also loose. After a long think we decided to check the timing of the balance shaft belts as we were thinking it may be rattling itself loose.

After discovering that the balance shaft belt had worked itself slack and had moved timing we were sure this was causing our issues.

After a few nights work we had it running again. It was running sooo much smoother. Since then I've been just giving it a bit of shit and it seems to be taking it quite well. I had a problem with the starter motor but that appears to have been sorted now as we had discovered a leaky slave which was leaking on to it.

So sorted the slave and have just been driving it to see how it lasts.

I've now got an issue with a CV joint but that's kind of expected seeing as it was probably the original one on the car....

Anyway enough text. Here's a quick video of it.

We hooked a mic to the outside of the car and used the onboard sound as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4jPnUB02Q&feature=youtu.be

corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like she goes well, sounds pretty good to.
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mike Goes ok at the moment. Going to be fun when its on the right boost

[Edited on 07-12-2014 by Darryl H]

Darryl H
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****UPDATE*****
Ok, been using the car a bit over xmas and had some fun in it. Developed another blow at the turbo so have bought some decent gaskets from germany to sort that hopefully!

As you may remember I needed to change a CV as it had started clicking. I set about doing that last weekend and ended up changing them all.

Got it all together sunday:

Took it out for a good drive monday evening to make sure all was well. It was perfect for a while and then a couple of hours in after a little bit of abuse I ended up stranded with the following

So just ordered 2 new shafts and CV's this time uprated ones and am in need of a gearbox mount as we suspect that to be the cause of the shaft snapping.

Going to strip the exhaust off the turbo later in the month ready for it's MOT in Feb. Then will be looking at getting the last parts sorted over March/April providing I don't break anything else!

SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ Daz you do like breaking things!

Darryl H
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

I gave it a hard time if I'm honest! Turns out when you're making more than standard power the US guys recommend changing the gearbox mount so it can't flex as much which puts stress on the driveshaft/CVs like I've done.

SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Jan 15 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

I gave it a hard time if I'm honest! Turns out when you're making more than standard power the US guys recommend changing the gearbox mount so it can't flex as much which puts stress on the driveshaft/CVs like I've done.

Lesson learned then, you won't make that mistake again

<<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Porsche 944 - 06/03/17 - RR & Track Day 24 database queries in 0.1941350 seconds