corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater matrix testing. Wet foot well

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater matrix testing. Wet foot well
penelope

User status: Offline
10th Jan 13 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a wet driver foot well. Squishy carpet and the passanger side is not as bad but still damp. I'm not sure whether its a leaking matrix or is it the seal round the servo. Is there anyway to test the servo ? I not had it long enough to see if I'm loosing coolant. It seems dryer up behind the pedals. Just the flat bit of the footwell is like a pond
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C or B mate?
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa c van
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by penelope
Corsa c van

I've got the exact same problem with mine. Brake servo seal mate
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Break servo seal , mines like a small water feature in my footwell
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. Should I replace the seal or tiger seal it ? What about the passanger side ? Also should I take the carpet out and wash and dry ?
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive tried sealing it up with silicone and that didnt work . What me and shaun are going to try is painting the whole section were the break servo sits with seam sealer . Apparentally that works but ive yet to try it . Ive dried my carpet out once and shampood it and it came out good as new . Its just wet again now
Simon_16v

10th Jan 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What causes water to enter the passenger foot well on a Corsa C?
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading loads of threads on CCUK it seems if its the passanger side its the heater matrix .
Simon_16v

10th Jan 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It only happened when it rained, the car is parked on a sloped drive. So when the car was reversed out on to level ground it drained into the car?
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My passanger side doesn't seem wet enough to be the matrix. Is the servo seal a big job ? I plan to do it tomorro. How should I dry the carpet ? Is it a big deal to take out ?
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get the carpet out the seats need to come out along with a few bits of plastic trim and there some small pastic clips near the top of the footwells wich you need to pull off , mine took a while to dry as the underlay is very thick . The worst part to dry if the thick foam stuff thats in each footwell . May take a few days to dry out .

As for getting at the break servo you need to remove the wipers and scuttle panel , i removed the wiper linkage for more access , and then inside i removed the break pedal to get it out the way and theres 3 or 4 bolts holding the servo down . There a right pain to get at tbh !

I cheeted with mine wich is why i dont think it worked , i just released the servo and had my dad push it up enough that i could get some sillicone all the way round it , unfortunately it didnt work so it needs re-doing properly by removing the servo completely . And possibly painting that whole area in seam sealer or something else along those lines to seal it up nicely .

[Edited on 10-01-2013 by NathanR]
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I remove this to sort it proper do I need to disconnect any brake pipes. I really don't want to do it twice as its causing loads of condensation on the windscreen which I need to wipe every time I get in
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes to do a proper job that will more than likely fix the problem the servo needs to come off completely .

And yeah my windscreens always condensated in the mornings . Was frozen solid on the inside the other day too haha
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye scraping ice of both sides of the windscreen in 2013 is shocking lol. So I need to take brake pipes of ?
NathanR

10th Jan 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine so yes , like i said i didint remove the servo so im not sure what that consists of as my mechanical knowledge is shocking
penelope

10th Jan 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just read you can remove the master cylinder from the servo and place to the side. I will try take pics tomorro if it will help. I may also replace the carpet as mine is grey. And wet
penelope

11th Jan 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just finished doing this. Took 4 hours including a break. It's very easy to do. It just takes time. I didn't realise the plate didn't come out. You just pick the old body sealer out and tiger seal. I also sealed the servo to the plate. I wouldn't try fixing it without removing everything. It's a long job so just do it once
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice mate! Think I'll be having a go at this on sunday
penelope

11th Jan 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a few bolts holding the pedals on that are tricky. Especially when your carpet is wet lol. I removed everything under the scuttle including heater box them washed it all out as it was covered in green slime. Now it's like new. Just got to get it dry now
penelope

11th Jan 13 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also advise to cover the bonnet cable and clutch pipe where it comes thru the plate in tiger seal
Liam-Wilko

11th Jan 13 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best option there mate is if you have a portible heater my mate actually used a hear dryer lol
penelope

11th Jan 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might buy a small heater. If it still smells of wet dog ill need to remove the carpet
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
After reading loads of threads on CCUK it seems if its the passanger side its the heater matrix .

Test the liquid, coolant smells and feels different to rain water. Location of the leak isn't your biggest clue.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
davieslim

11th Jan 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do the servo seal without disconnecting brake pipes, the seals only a few quid from vauxhall, ive done a few and they have still leaked, ended up it wwas coming from arround where the clutch pipework goes through the black panel that the servos mounted on, most that ive done have been caused by the channels being blocked and a build up of crap rotting through the sealer on the outside of the blackpanel

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll