corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please help me--were is the water cummin from!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author please help me--were is the water cummin from!!!!!
Klang1.6

User status: Offline
10th Mar 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a lot of water behind the passenger seat ---(were u put ur feet if u sit in the back) please help me to get to the bottom of this cos i dont wanna get rid of mi car ..it stinks like hell!
An vauxhall arnt gonna touch it there crap, thet cant find it supposly!

ne1 eles had a prob like this?
Drew
Banned

10th Mar 03 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sure it aint wet up front too?

ie - heater matrix?

u losing any water from out of the engine (need to keep topping it up? )
madboutcars

10th Mar 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be comeing from under neath your car water might of got caght under neath
carl moffatt

10th Mar 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a simular problem now with the golf. Although the car is stripped there water coming in from the rubber seal round the boot, this drops and forms a lake. Becasue my car is facing downwards on a sligh slop the water runs into the rear foot wells.
Leighton

10th Mar 03 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sunroof leeking i had that on my first car it was a cleo thow.
came in threw the seal and leeked threw the covering on the roof behind the passinger seat

leighton
Klang1.6

10th Mar 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the frount seems to be dry..and dnt have a sunroof,and vaux say they have checked the heater matrix!!! its doin mi head in .mi carpets ruined,

it could be the door seal but not sure ! doesnt have to be the end of mi car does it! water leaks can be fixed cant they? i have big plans for mi car and dnt thin i like ne out on the market part from mine!!
Kenni

10th Mar 03 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did this happen..did it happen after it rained?

in the corsa theres thick foam under the carpet, especially the front. U really need to take the whole carpet out and dry it, else it will rot cus the foam holds a lot of water.

Check the big grommet by the fuse box. This grommet, if split or undo, WILL let in water from the engine bay.
welshdude

11th Mar 03 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a leak also. Its hehind the drivers seat on the floor and it stinks my car out but i have found where it is coming from=the sunroof.its really bad that a W reg car can have a leak as it hasnt even had its first MOT yet. i had the hosepipe out running it over my roof and from the inside i could see the water dripping through.

Steve Tom
Corsa Mods
Hintz

11th Mar 03 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your all wrong!

Pfffffffffff

Don't u lot check all the holes in ure car?

There are 2 posibilities here.

1) The heater matrix has got a leak.

Just cos the matrix is at the front behind the dash, don't mean it will be wet just at the front!

Think about it, The foot heater vents point at the carpet, in turn drying it out so you don't know.......The rear footwell aint got a heater so it is still wet.

2) (this is what i reakon it is) In the rear footwells (both sides) there should be 2 rubber bungs in the floor pan, My guess is yours has popped up and water is getting in when you go through puddles (would explain the smell too)

Check the rear footwells from underneath the car, you should be able to see the bungs, and if they are still in place.
Klang1.6

11th Mar 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Hintz do mean outside an under ther car or under the carpet?
could be this seems promising!!!

@welshdude my car exact same age wit same prob an simptoms,,,am gonna try wat Hintz says!!!
Klang1.6

11th Mar 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah underneath , didnt read that !!! how big are they? they east to find?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please help me--were is the water cummin from!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0719461 seconds