corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacing corsa b ECU??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing corsa b ECU??
94corsab

User status: Offline
9th Dec 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sisters ECU has gone on her 1.0 L 12v v reg corsa and was wondering if I can take a ECU from another working corsa b same
engine and same reg and what to do?? Been told to just remove the ECU and reinstall it on my sisters
car along with the key chip witch will be swapped into her current key any help or suggestions??
Generation

9th Dec 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can swap if you use matching its. Why do you think ecu has "gone"
94corsab

10th Dec 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the engine management light has come on and the engine wont start and we took the car (towed) to a local garage and the garage mechanic said to my sister ''the car needs a new ECU which will be 300 pounds'' so asked my uncle who knows alot about cars but wanted to be sure and he said go get a second hand one and the second hand one that im getting today is gonna cost 25 pounds including a key (chip) so just wondering if anybody with experience on the ECU subject could shed some light??
corsa-torque

10th Dec 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need to replace the ecu along with the key chip and the transponder around the ignition barrel
Disconnect the battery before starting tho. Easy enuff job
94corsab

10th Dec 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the info just got told to only swap the chips in the keys over to match the new ecu to the new key chip where do i find the transponder??
94corsab

10th Dec 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to say how do i disconnect the transponder??
Generation

10th Dec 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So many mechanics blame ecu when they can't find the problem.

Not always the case
94corsab

10th Dec 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts is the ECU?? cos ive got something but wasnt sure if i was right ,stupid ino
corsa-torque

10th Dec 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally the ecu is behind the drivers right hand kick panel (next to accelerator pedal)
The transponder is under the steering cowling round the barrel, unplug and iirc it slides off maybe a clip holding it in place.
AdamF
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecu on a 12v is on the side of the inlet manifold.

as said you will need both the chip from the key and the transponder from around the ignition barrel
94corsab

11th Dec 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh same as what ive got, just been to see the garage that was supposed to be fixing my car and they said that it was either the ECU or the transponder but more likely to be the ECU. if only the transponder needs swapped does the new key chip need to be put into the old key(the old key that came with the car)??

[Edited on 11-12-2012 by 94corsab]
94corsab

13th Dec 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fixed my sisters car by replacing the ECU, transponder, chip. The engine management light does not come on anymore so they must be working but the car still won't start cos it's been sat around for 6-8 months and the battery's fine but been thinking and think it might need some fresh petrol in??

New Poll