corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacing the ECU on an S reg Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing the ECU on an S reg Corsa
kangarolf

User status: Offline
15th Oct 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

My friend has been told her ECU has failed and needs replacing and was quoted over £750!

I know I can get second hand ECUs from the scrappy and I have replaced them on Fords but never a Vx.

Could anyone tell me if there are any particular pitfalls..? Will the ECU need resetting/reprogramming..? Is it diificult to access/replace physically..? Are there any special tools required.

Lastly the scrappies only had T reg ECUs and this car is an S reg Breeze 1389CC.

Thanks for any help and advice,
Rolf
dean101287

15th Oct 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would of thought that you can just replace it as long as it aint an imobilzer model.
kangarolf

16th Oct 07 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if it is an immobiliser I'll need the key/barrel and the transponder..? Key barrel obvious enough where they go! Where is the transponder located...? Is there a way to get them reset using one of the fault computers you can buy or is that a Vx garage only job..?

Thanks all
DYL

16th Oct 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the same problem! but ichanged engine.
you need the endine code, ecu code and key code? i think! was quoted about £200
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th Oct 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine size? we may have some in stock. also get the 4 letter code from the ecu. (on a sticker on the ecu)
kangarolf

16th Oct 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 1389cc injection breeze 1998 (S)

OK I have the ECU now...there was no chip in the keyfob and no central locking or anything like that..just an empty case, so presummably there is no imobiliser.

The ECU has these numbers on it;

16264869 then GM then AW
Delco Electronics
D96006 made in the UK CLAL

Thanks all.

[Edited on 16-10-2007 by kangarolf]
kangarolf

26th Oct 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Just trying to bounce this message up. I have now sourced a replacement ECU that is a match on the part and emissions codes.

Vx are now telling me that it is impossible to recode a replacement unit as you cannot wipe them blank without access to the car from which the replacement unit came from!

IS this true..? If not does anyone know anyone in the Manchester area that would recode this unit for me..?

Thanks all
Rolf
94corsab

10th Dec 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kangarolf
Hi all,

Just trying to bounce this message up. I have now sourced a replacement ECU that is a match on the part and emissions codes.

Vx are now telling me that it is impossible to recode a replacement unit as you cannot wipe them blank without access to the car from which the replacement unit came from!

IS this true..? If not does anyone know anyone in the Manchester area that would recode this unit for me..?

Thanks all
Rolf

ive just been to the scap yard today to replace my sisters ECU from a v reg to another v reg 12v petrol and i just got told to get the transponder which just slides off the ignition barrel aswell you need to unplug a cable from the transponder (i think) and the ECU as far as i know is in a really or quad place underneath the coolant tank and on the side of the engine as well i had to remove the battery and the battery tray aswell as the coolant tank all for something that is no bigger than a bar of galaxy with to plug like sockets with this wierd hindge on both of the plugs and the ECU only has 3 small star drive nut or bolt that hold this ECU on.
andy_mk3

10th Dec 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy thread bump

New Poll