corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn?
James

User status: Offline
16th Nov 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Not fussed about discussing mine atall with anyone really

- £29k basic
- 1.7/2.4x Daily arate for each day spent overseas (multiplier changes pending working/living conditions)
- 1.5x Hourly rate for UK work when over the 39hr contracted week
- Quarterly Bonus dependant on Spares/Service Contracts sold
- Company Car & Phone authorised for private use (fuel included)

Not bad, not brilliant. Fairly standard package, hence not being bothered about discussing it.
Overseas working is the big earner for me, but that varies month to month, plus working overseas is shit IMO, so all swings & roundabouts...

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take a small wage and take the rest in dividends each quarter

Yet some people don't believe what I earn due to having a cat-d megane pathetic really.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Why is it you do?

Why or what? Dunno if thats a typo o not...

Why do I discuss it? Don't see any reason why I shouldn't. Really doesn't bother me to do so. Don't care who does or doesn't know.

What is it I do? Commissioning Engineer, Power & Industrial Combustion Equipment.
csweatherston

16th Nov 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I work for Euro Car Parts in Northampton, have been here for 18 months and sell car parts over the phone to people predominantly in garages. My job title is Sales Advisor which won't help as its a made up bullshit title.

I had a MAF sensor sent out from your branch yesterday...

I earn enough, if i want more i can work longer hours more overtime... If im feeling lazy i wont.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gritt, I meant what, yeah

Csw, why from here?
ed

16th Nov 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a lot of 'keeping up with the Jones'' going on in here.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Nov 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really care that much, didn't really matter when I used to work for the man. I was higher up the scale because I'd been there longer and I got more money for being more qualified and doing extra stuff. So if there was ever any doubt, that is what those other people needed to do.

The scales are all published and its not difficult to work out where people are on them.
Gavin
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how true this is, but people seem to be more conformable to share details about their salary the lower it is

I know four of my mates salaries... they are all on minimum wage. Its like they like to tell you that they arent getting paid much... not sure whether its to give you a kind nudge to buy the first and last rounds

Personally, I dont like to publish what I earn but this is pretty damn close (top one)

What I'm worried about is leaches fooking finding out I earn more than them and expecting me to pick up more 'rounds' than then. At the end of the day, I worked my ass to get to where I am (unlike some of my mates) and work longer hours to earn what I get paid for.... so I rather not confirm how much I earn, so fook off if your in my round and can't afford to keep up!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Ben G

16th Nov 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

Denmark and UK have almost exactly the same average gross income, we just pay more taxes, have a higher VAT on everything as well as inflated tax on cars...

maybe so, but you are allowed to eat bacon without fear of upsetting people that didn't originate from this country.
Carl

16th Nov 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them average wages must get massively bumped up by top end earners.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Nov 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The average stuff is always way out. Too many jobs in each group. Look at public sector at £23k. That basically misses out most of the whole of education.
csweatherston

16th Nov 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Gritt, I meant what, yeah

Csw, why from here?

Plymouth branch ordered it... Only one in the company apparently.
Dave

16th Nov 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only the taxman who I don't want knowing how much I earn, which is a shame as he is the only one interested.

When I was an employee I used to do quite a lot of price work which would lead to me earning substantially more than the other joiners. Now I would have no issue in telling others what I earned if they asked, everyone had the opportunity to do price work but others rarely did, to the extent I'd be doing work others had turned down because it had to be done on price. However I did find out that the wages clerk was telling other people in the firm what I was earning each week which did piss me off.
Ash_EP3

16th Nov 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few of my colleagues discuss wages and as we are a smallish team (25) we roughly know what each other are on and tbh you can see why it's not allowed to be discussed... I had a word with my manager because I found out someone in the team below me with a much easier role + less skills, experience and qualifications earned only 1k less I managed to get a pay rise, but I shouldn't have had to push for it like that... They should realise my worth and it has made me feel like such an under valued employee!

Also inheritance plays a massive part in helping people afford nice cars/houses/good quality of life! There's a lad at work who is only 21 and he doesn't earn that well but he has 20k ready for a house deposit, has bought a couple of cars (outright) over the past 2 years and has 5k in his account... He wins premium bonds at least once a month etc etc etc... I tried figuring out how he had so much money but it just wound me up (as I have no savings and less in my account even though I have worked more and am more qualified)... Best of just being happy with what you've got! And happiness comes from less wants!
Dan
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt care less who knows, or who tells me/doesnt tell me. So long as i earn enough to live off a week, i dont care about anyone else earning more/less for the same job etc etc..

I did however clear £1640 last week, which is my best weeks wage packet yet!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dan
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The good thing about my new work, is all people in the same role earn the same per hour. Think that keeps everyone happy, everyone is always showing off wage packets etc.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
M2RTY

16th Nov 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not fussed and my lass isnt fussed

Thing that pisses me off though is when people say "oh your other half is a doctor, you wont have to work etc" when really we both get paid similar anyway (for now lol)
AndyKent

16th Nov 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus's brother is a doctor and gets paid a decent wedge.

Does however work 60+ hour weeks.
Xs

16th Nov 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That graduate thing says media is 32k?! I'd like to know what media graduate roles are paying that. Oil and gas, law and investment banking are the only ones I'd think are right (in London)
mike56gte

16th Nov 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think i have ever asked someone how much money they earn. Not really that bothered tbh.
K2 GTi

17th Nov 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me for a corsa forum this site has a lot of big earners (£50,000+)
N16K

17th Nov 12 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi

although to be fair Corsas were popular with the middle classes in late 90's /2000's ie bought by parents for their kids new due to the free insurance offers at the time. So it it highly likely not all are still driving corsas.
M2RTY

17th Nov 12 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Missus's brother is a doctor and gets paid a decent wedge.

Does however work 60+ hour weeks.

48 a week average over 12 weeks (plus any overtime) can work 16 hour days though, nights, weekend, 12 hour day xmas etc. always full of germs and has to deal with proper scum, prisoners, druggys, abuse etc all day

No thanks
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to keep it to myself, the only people that are interested are what gets bounded about at work. Office politics and that. Certainly not discussing with them though.

I used to be pretty embarrassed about what I earnt as it wasn't much at all IMO. Somehow I stretched it to pay a mortgage, do up a house and I had a nice company car. I probably looked like I earned decent money but I really didn't

This year I have changed jobs and moved house, I have a shit car that I drive around in but I will earn 10k more than the previous one. It still feels exactly the same as before - How does that work!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
James

17th Nov 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi

Where has anyone said they earn more than £50k?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn? 23 database queries in 0.1038101 seconds