corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn?

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn?
Nick-S

User status: Offline
17th Nov 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind telling people what I earn. But I'm on shite money.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Fuck me for a corsa forum this site has a lot of big earners (£50,000+)

Where has anyone said they earn more than £50k?

Most people started out with a corsa I know I did and I have stuck around in different names as its a good site. There is 110% going to be people on more than 50k on here.
Ellis

17th Nov 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not entirely comfortable with discussing my salary however amongst the lads we'll maybe brag about our offshore rates at the pub
kz

17th Nov 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't care less! What does it matter?

What I don't get is at work we're not meant to discuss it, but everyone knows what bands each other are on... and the band rates are accessible on the intranet
Aaron

17th Nov 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep my information to myself.

[Opinion]My personal opinion is that people who "brag" about how much they earn are doing so because they have little else in life to be proud of, or, a lot of the time, they're bull shitting to big themselves up to others in order to look like the big dick. There are a few people who fit into that bracket in this thread actually. Naming no names of course.[Opinion/]

James

17th Nov 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Fuck me for a corsa forum this site has a lot of big earners (£50,000+)

Where has anyone said they earn more than £50k?

Most people started out with a corsa I know I did and I have stuck around in different names as its a good site. There is 110% going to be people on more than 50k on here.

Yeh I'm not doubting it but no-one has actually said it.
harrisp

17th Nov 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind talking to mates about what I earn and what they earn but wouldn't post on here or tell someone if they just asked to try and judge, I just see it as normal conversation and there isn't jealousy etc between us, some mates earn less than me some earn more than me but most of them are happier at work than me
Colin

17th Nov 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of my mates work in the same industry which has its location/danger uplift so were all relatively well paid. Earnings dont get discussed really, only tend to find the ones that dont have as high earning jobs making a meal out of it with sarkey almost down right jealous comments. I dont know why there rattled tbh, some days i'd be too happy to take their job for mine or a mates working out of some shit hole in Africa for 28 days solid.
Colin

17th Nov 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I just don't see why it's normal to keep that to yourself but have a £1500 TV, a £1000 watch and a £25,000 car parked outside your 4 bed detached house

Probably because its all on tick!!

Aaron

17th Nov 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
but most of them are happier at work than me

It's only in the last 2 years where I've totally come on board with the whole "there's more to life than money thing". Personally speaking, i'd much rather work in an environment which i like, with people that i like, and not go home with my work or any stress than have a high paying job which perhaps doesn't let me have those luxuries. I realise that some people are bound to quote this and tell me that i'm wrong, and that they have a high paying job which they love etc, but it's just my opinion.

I'm a bit like Chandler in F.R.I.E.N.D.S at the moment (the early series ones ), where he wants to quit his job and do something he likes/finds interesting. ICT support/management can blow me as far as i'm concerned.

[Edited on 17-11-2012 by Aaron]
Colin

17th Nov 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
but most of them are happier at work than me

It's only in the last 2 years where I've totally come on board with the whole "there's more to life than money thing". Personally speaking, i'd much rather work in an environment which i like, with people that i like, and not go home with my work or any stress than have a high paying job which perhaps doesn't let me have those luxuries. I realise that some people are bound to quote this and tell me that i'm wrong, and that they have a high paying job which they love etc, but it's just my opinion.

I'm a bit like Chandler in F.R.I.E.N.D.S at the moment (the early series ones ), where he wants to quit his job and do something he likes/finds interesting. ICT support/management can blow me as far as i'm concerned.

[Edited on 17-11-2012 by Aaron]

Your not wrong your absolutely right!!!

With more money comes more responsibility, more stress, more shit day on day.

Out of everyone I know the ones I envy are the ones playing the benefit system good and proper getting everything & more that I have, but without having to work 100's of miles from home in shit conditions, instead getting their own bed each night and not having a prick of a manager only interested in production rates to answer to.

Ok so not much envy more hate but thats a different topic entirely!

Sure there has to be a fine level of work V's life. In some jobs it all depends on what your prepared to put up with and how much you need the money.
AdZ9

17th Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In february this year i left my my old job where I was paid well but the company was shit and i had no future, for the 6 months previous i tricked myself into feeling that i liked it as it was awesome money, but then i realised how awful and depressing it really was.

Handed my notice in, did my final month and then I left. Went self employed for a couple of months (i'm a web designer) and promised myself that I wouldn't take a new job unless it was in a studio I could see myself enjoying the next 20+ years at and have worldwide known clients. Eventually a place came up, had the interview and loved the people and the office, 2 days later they offered me the job......... but it came at a price!

I had to take a 7.5k pay drop and go down a 'rank' from a creative director to just a senior designer, it was a no brainer really as i just had a feeling the new place as perfect for me. Fast forward 6 months and I was told after 3 months that I would get a 5k rise after my 6 month probation, so it all worked out perfectly. Looks like in another 6 months it'll hopefully be another payrise!

So i'm a perfect example of what Aaron mentioned, i'm 100x happier and in a place I can progress my career in, if i had stayed where I was I would of been severely depressed by now!

[Edited on 17-11-2012 by AdZ9]
Doug

17th Nov 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So have we worked out who the top earner on here is yet?
BluKoo

17th Nov 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometime people can get arsey and jealous about money if you have a lot. They can also get the wrong impression about you, so in some cases it's better to keep certain details to yourself.
Although the people of CS probably know more about my financial situation than my friends do.
I don't care what any of you think (no offence ), but I'd hate for my friends to change due to jealousy or anything like that.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug

AK without a shadow of a doubt
Matt L

17th Nov 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:

you sure?

i wish. Personally doesnt bother me telling people what i am on.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutly
BluKoo

17th Nov 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon he's in the top 3 at least, but I reckon there are a couple of dark horses on here.
There are some lesser seen members with some nice cars and houses.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Frazer Young
neil h

17th Nov 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:

Nah Colin for sure

[Edited on 17-11-2012 by neil h]
RichR
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin is nowhere near AK (yet)
ed

17th Nov 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its me. I earn a million billion.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at SS you don't...
ed

17th Nov 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn, you foiled me.
Aaron

17th Nov 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosm......ah maybe not.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you bothered about people knowing what you earn? 22 database queries in 0.2024319 seconds