corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MIDGE

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MIDGE
VINCEYBOY

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 13 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what dont you get?
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is quite apparent most of you dont like my car. What bit is it you dont like? the stance? the matte paint? the silver bonnet? the steel wheels? the stretch? i'm not being sarcy i'm just trying to het my head round what bit's you corsasport people dont like.
FAZ
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change and people are different
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
change and people are different

haha "change", yeah that seems about right lol
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you proving? That somebody has taken a pic of your car at a meet?

Seriously though, you can't expect only to get positive feedback when you have such a 'different' style of corsa. You must know that doing things that you do that you will recieve bad feedback about it. I've modified cars for years like the rest of us have and im sure there's been times that we've done something knowing some wont like it, but we have to all accept bad feedback.

The style of your car i dont like. The arches are quite nice, if it was all painted in one colour without a damaged wing it would look a million times better. The thing that really gets me is how unsafe the car looks, especially with those spacers. I couldnt care less how you mod your car, it's yours and that's totally your choice, but when a car looks unsafe something needs to be said so hopefully you'll change it or make sure you've done it correctly.

Edit : forgot to mention that your attitude stinks aswell

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by kennySRi]
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VINCEYBOY
Hate all you like most of the people that hate on this car have very very boring cars. And these are my posey rode wheels i use some beat up oz alloys for racing on. (to whoever pointed out i'm running stretch).

Sorry, you race it!?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only proving the photographer took a pic because it sounds like an easy lie,
and I got rid of the spacers months ago now

So if it was dent free and plain black roof and bonnet you would like it?

i'm no saying i'm gonna do it i'm just trying to grasp what people dont like about my car.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
quote:
Hate all you like most of the people that hate on this car have very very boring cars. And these are my posey rode wheels i use some beat up oz alloys for racing on. (to whoever pointed out i'm running stretch).

Sorry, you race it!?

yes in the very amature under 1400 class. i dont need a million horsepower and a badboy bonnet in order to be competitive at that if that was your next point.
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I see.

Do you get defensive over enerything!? Was only asking.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was only proving the photographer took a pic because it sounds like an easy lie,

i'm no saying i'm gonna do it i'm just trying to grasp what people dont like about my car.

If it was all one colour (and not matt black) and a relatively tidy shell then yes, it would look decent. Im not a fan of stickers and things like that but that's just my opinion. It just looked more dangerous than bad styling to me tbh, aslong as you make sure everything you do is done right then it shouldnt matter what others think about the styling as it's not their car. However IF it was mine i would definetly get it all one colour and replace any damaged/rusty panels. I havnt checked the previous pages recently but if the wheels are right then they could look nice aswell if the bodywork and arches were done right.

Accept peoples critisism and either laugh it off or take it on board and end up with a nice looking car.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Oh, I see.

Do you get defensive over enerything!? Was only asking.

your just one of the first people to not be a royal cunt on this forum in a while so its a safer bet to anticipate abuse. didn't mean to be shirty my bad . yeah like auto solos and autograss racing. i've only ever won once but it's really fun. thats why my car looks so beat up. it'd be pointless trying to keep it mint.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:

If it was all one colour (and not matt black) and a relatively tidy shell then yes, it would look decent. Im not a fan of stickers and things like that but that's just my opinion. It just looked more dangerous than bad styling to me tbh, aslong as you make sure everything you do is done right then it shouldnt matter what others think about the styling as it's not their car. However IF it was mine i would definetly get it all one colour and replace any damaged/rusty panels. I havnt checked the previous pages recently but if the wheels are right then they could look nice aswell if the bodywork and arches were done right.

Accept peoples critisism and either laugh it off or take it on board and end up with a nice looking car.

thankyou for not being a complete cunt. I think people just love to jump at the opportunity to point out something thet think is dangerous. i've been working at a garage for 3 years now. i'm not going to do anything dangerous. i promise. =]
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had a quick look at the thread and your car again. If you have removed the spacers then it's not AS bad as i first thought. If you got a new front bumper (about a tenner), got a new wing (you seemed to have fitted a new one but then dented it for some reason), removed all those stickers from the boot, blended the arches into the bottom of the wings somehow and maybe fit some kind of deep skirts to match them and spray everything (even matt black to keep costs down) then it would actually look pretty good.

The arches, wheels and 'stnace' (aslong as they arnt cut springs) give this car some potential.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
I've just had a quick look at the thread and your car again. If you have removed the spacers then it's not AS bad as i first thought. If you got a new front bumper (about a tenner), got a new wing (you seemed to have fitted a new one but then dented it for some reason), removed all those stickers from the boot, blended the arches into the bottom of the wings somehow and maybe fit some kind of deep skirts to match them and spray everything (even matt black to keep costs down) then it would actually look pretty good.

The arches, wheels and 'stnace' (aslong as they arnt cut springs) give this car some potential.

No they arent, they're apexi fronts, billestein rears. when i say stance i dont mean it has epic lows and camber and stuff i just mean it as a description of the ride hight, flushness, poke etc. and i have never intentionally dented my car, the arches come off for racing that's why the arch is fine and the wing is fucked. everyone seems to like one colour paint then by the sounds of things?
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definetly one colour. That's the maint hing with any car, the mods make it your own and people like different things but you need one colour for the car otherwise it just looks like it's been crashed or done really cheaply.

Suspension sounds decent, i actually think it's a nice height.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'm quite happy with the height. i quite like the idea of some rake. so i'm looking for some new coilies after my old ones seized shut at different heights lol i'm a strong beleiver in their being a right amount. i think too low looks delicate and undrivable if you know what i mean?
I've had a black bonnet for ages now, i tried it on a while ago but didnt like it. i might try it on again see what i think this time.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that we all have different influences and are aiming for totally different styles probably doesnt help. My next door neighbor is a drifter and has been since i was like 14 so i always loved the different coloured panels and rough and ready look they all had going on. just a sort of function over form aggressive sort of style if you get me?
3i_gaz

3rd Jan 13 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a cunt.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
Looks a cunt.

Usually the insults make SOME sense. care to reiterate?
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i understand that, i dont mind it on a 200sx Just do whatever you want, it's your car at the end of the day
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i guess your right. It was a 200sx actually! now it's a beamer. it's not nice getting the insults though man =[ i've never commented anything mean on anyones thread and i've seen some fucking vomitous cars on here. and then i get hate for doing what i want on my own car. i fucking love my car! and the way it looks.
kennySRi

3rd Jan 13 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got to expect some comments though when you have a car that is obviously going to split opinion, i was one of the ones thinking what the hell are you doing lol.

If you love it then that's all that matters. We're all into modding cars and we like to give eachother opinions, doesnt mean you have to listen to them (unless you want to drive a standard GSi on speedlines). Just carry on with what you're doing and style it however you like, aslongas it isnt dangerous then im sure people on here will reply more seriously.
VINCEYBOY

3rd Jan 13 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your right. it's just a shame they can't say "not my taste" as opposed to "what a pile of shit, your a cunt".
Liam-Wilko

3rd Jan 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt read the thread from the beging.

just a question is this a car you use dayly or just race?
Ben G

3rd Jan 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car looks like a pile of shit, but it would look great if the bodywork was decent and all one colour.

i like wide arch cars when done properly, and not bodged together.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MIDGE 24 database queries in 0.0968990 seconds