corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iOS 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iOS 6 Thread
adiohead

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fanboys
John

1st Oct 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Cook suggested people use other the other map apps so they can see how crap they are too.

Even when you're leader has came out and publicly apologised for a massive cock up, you are making excuses
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is he my leader?

According to other threads official apple statements are irreverent, or are we taking them as truth now because it suits.

adiohead

1st Oct 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why is he my leader?

According to other threads official apple statements are irreverent, or are we taking them as truth now because it suits.

Of course they are, these anti-Apple weirdos have come into an iOS6 thread to troll the shit out of the cool Apple people, to justify the fact they couldn't afford to own a product they supposedly didn't even want.

Dom

1st Oct 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It was nothing to do with baiting it was to do with the massive holes you keep digging yourself when attempting to respond to my posts, like when I made the inductive charging comment and you spouted on for about 4 pages before Apple confirmed exactly what I'd said.

Then I mentioned Apple dropped Google partly due to them wanting more personal data and you commented saying 'says the guy with the gmail account' as if it was me personally that made the decision.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Cook suggested people use other the other map apps so they can see how crap they are too.

Apple maps directed me to the Trafford centre and back on Sat perfectly without me having to look at phone rather than having to follow a blue dot a click forward on the directions every two minutes.

Well you better get handing out those shovels and ladders because there was quite a few of us arguing the same angle on induction charging, so we must all be digging holes eh?
Or, it might have been because you were posting complete an utter cock and we were picking you up on it. As we're doing in this thread.

And that sounds like a great marketing line from Apple, blame it on too much "personal data", rather than the fact that Google and Apple locked horns over contraction conditions on the use of the 'advanced' features (such as turn by turn and voice navigation) for iOS that Google implemented in Android's Google Maps. Read, Apple threw the toys out of the pram when Google said 'no'

What i don't understand is why you keep feeling the need to defend your product on subjects, which is quite clear from your replies, you haven't got the foggiest idea on. Why not refrain yourself? At least then you wouldn't look like a babbling clueless Apple fanboy!
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you not doing the exact opposite, though? You used an Apple statement as proof you were right about the wireless charging bit and refused the possibility that any thing else was at play, but now choose to believe that the statement from Tim Cook is a ploy to show the shitty competing apps.

Apple maps is shit. So they added turn-by-turn. Big deal! It was at the cost of all the other functionality and more importantly the reliability of the app.

adiohead

1st Oct 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple are gods, and everyone knows it. That's why the Apple threads are so popular and the non-Apple ones are dead.

Apple ftw
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was you and Balling on the other side of the fence arguing about something that had no relevance to my comment.

I couldn't care what went on between Apple and Google, all I know is that an app that had been stagnating for the past 5 years is finally going to get better. One step back two steps forward.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
all I know is that an app that had been stagnating for the past 5 years is finally going to get better. One step back two steps forward.
Hold on. So IS it better or is it GOING to be better? Obviously none of us can argue what is yet to come, so I thought we ere discussing how it works (rather how it doesn't work) at this time!?

Dom

1st Oct 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Apple maps is exponentially better than the google maps it replaced

quote:
all I know is that an app that had been stagnating for the past 5 years is finally going to get better

Your contradicting bullshit replies are starting to make my brain hurt

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by Dom]
djgritt
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell.

Some people need to get out more and stop worrying about how their bloody phone works in such detail.

iOS6 isn't great, meh, phone still works and I'm just getting on with it. Not a massive deal ATEOTD.

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by djgritt]
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Apple maps is exponentially better than the google maps it replaced, just needs more data.

Dom the context king strikes again not quoting the full comment

I said it needs more data(admitidly I could have used the word 'better' data), so lets imagine a world where the data is as good as googles and then examine the app:

- Cartography is better
- Flyover is better
- Turn by Turn
- Vector based so loads faster
- Less battery intensive

You're obviously interpreting my comment in a completely different way to which it was meant because you have your anti-apple hat on.

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by A2H GO]
Whittie

1st Oct 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple Maps is shit, hence why Apple have "featured" a map section on the app store...

Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Apple maps is exponentially better than the google maps it replaced, just needs more data.
I said it needs more data(admitidly I could have used the word 'better' data), so lets imagine a world where the data is as good as googles and then examine the app:
Let's look at the facts though, in stead of imagining how things COULD be.

Data is the CORE of a mapping app. If the data is wrong / incomplete NOTHING else works. Nothing.

Apple's data is shit, hence the app is shit. No matter how pretty it is.

Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its great to have access to the best quality map data in the
World through my android nav for free
pow
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iOS 6 can't direct you turn by turn and can't load 1 in 10 webpages with any form of urgency. Apple failed with iOS6 IMO.
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Its great to have access to the best quality map data in the
World through my android nav for free

Why are you still even here?

Anti-apple brigade having to come in and troll apple related theads are clearly worse than apple fanboys.
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread is full of android spammers. No point replying anymore as every 1% of useful replies will be greater by 99% of spam. Same old people spamming. Need to grow up tbh.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Steve is just overcompensating for buying a phone where the camera is only useable outside in the daylight, however the screen is only viewable inside with the lights turned off.

Any one arguing that one phone is better than all the others at this point is a fool. Unfortunately we seem to be at a point where no one are doing their job properly, when it comes to making phones.

Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Thread is full of android spammers. No point replying anymore as every 1% of useful replies will be greater by 99% of spam. Same old people spamming. Need to grow up tbh.
Looking at this page I see Steve and Adio sprouting shit. That's one in each camp.

This thread is full of people who dislike iOS 6. That doesn't make them "android spammers" though.

Sam
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem these days with phones is that the manufacturers cram all these 'cool' features into them, but they then become bloated with all these 'features' which cause all sorts of problems with things like apps crashing or hardware malfunctioning.

They ought to think about what MOST people actually want out of a phone, not come up with gimmicks that they think will help sell their phones.

And there doesn't seem to be much innovation these days either - not even from the holier-than-thou Apple!

[/rant]
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

This thread is full of people who dislike iOS 6. That doesn't make them "android spammers" though.

I dislike Android but I don't got spamming the S3 thread about how shit S-voice and all the other pointless feature are.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Steve is just overcompensating for buying a phone where the camera is only useable outside in the daylight, however the screen is only viewable inside with the lights turned off.

Any one arguing that one phone is better than all the others at this point is a fool. Unfortunately we seem to be at a point where no one are doing their job properly, when it comes to making phones.

im not arguing my phone is, im arguing my nav and maps are, which they are
John

1st Oct 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I dislike Android but I don't got spamming the S3 thread about how shit S-voice and all the other pointless feature are.

Used S voice as many times as I used Siri, once to piss about with.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never used siri but s-voice works for everything youd ever want to talk to your phone about so cant see that being used against it

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll