corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iOS 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iOS 6 Thread
A2H GO

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Nic says - No point replying anymore as every 1% of useful replies will be greater by 99% of spam.
John

1st Oct 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because Nic is one to talk about spam
Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
As Nic says - No point replying anymore as every 1% of useful replies will be greater by 99% of spam.

I hope you include your 0% of useful replies in those stats too
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Least my replies are relevent to the thread.
Dom

1st Oct 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Apple maps is exponentially better than the google maps it replaced, just needs more data.

Dom the context king strikes again not quoting the full comment

Nope, i replied to both parts of that statement on the previous page. But as usual, you've appeared to ignore it (even though you responded to my reply) and have come wading back in with more drivel.

And i'm not the only one to have spotted your contradicting replies. Or your bollocks for that matter.

To be honest, i think it's time you give up Ash. What started as a discussion with John over the cock-up that is Apple Maps has escalated because you feel the need to try and defend it, even though you haven't got the foggiest on the subject.

quote:
I said it needs more data(admitidly I could have used the word 'better' data), so lets imagine a world where the data is as good as googles and then examine the app:
- Cartography is better
- Flyover is better
- Turn by Turn
- Vector based so loads faster
- Less battery intensive

You're obviously interpreting my comment in a completely different way to which it was meant because you have your anti-apple hat on.

So you're now have to result to making stuff up?

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by Dom]
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So other than the poor data which I've already aknowledged, in what way was google maps on iOS better than Apples?

Ive already listed a number of ways in which it is better.

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by A2H GO]
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because Nic is one to talk about spam

i dont troll geek day like you john with your uneducated replies
adiohead

1st Oct 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non-apple weirdos.

Back when I first got into Apple nothing worked and they were still cooler
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 12 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yuo only have to go back a few years and remember steves spamming about blu ray being shite and hd-dvd or whatever it was called being the future to realise how wrong about everything that clown is.
Dom

1st Oct 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So other than the poor data which I've already aknowledged, in what way was google maps on iOS better than Apples?

No, you said Apple just need 'more data' then corrected yourself when you realised you were talking bollocks.

But that by the way, i really don't understand how you believe Apple Maps is better than Google when it's vastly inaccurate and not up to the job intended! In fact it's completely mind boggling how you've come to that conclusion

Nic Barnes

1st Oct 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep the new maps is a farce. i used to use the old one for work when i needed to find an address or a farm etc new one is garbage. half the post codes arent correct in it either.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to page 7.

Ash, do you honestly think the Apple version is better or even as good as Google maps?

Zoom level is the same, yet Apple have decided not to include labels for anything unless you zoom all the way in.

It's shit.

John

1st Oct 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

No, you said Apple just need 'more data' then corrected yourself when you realised you were talking bollocks.

But that by the way, i really don't understand how you believe Apple Maps is better than Google when it's vastly inaccurate and not up to the job intended! In fact it's completely mind boggling how you've come to that conclusion

Well more data, such as corrections from users will just mean the existing poor data will get fixed so technically its the same thing.

Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

relying on end users for your data is a massive problem. Id be worried if apple were doing that
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Going back to page 7.

Ash, do you honestly think the Apple version is better or even as good as Google maps?

Zoom level is the same, yet Apple have decided not to include labels for anything unless you zoom all the way in.

It's shit.

Finally, one valid point as to why google maps was better, they included labels at higer zoom levels, can't argue with that if thats what you prefer.

Whittie

1st Oct 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
relying on end users for your data is a massive problem. Id be worried if apple were doing that

You're such a gimp it's unreal.
A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Google crowdsource too.

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by A2H GO]
James

1st Oct 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CEO of Apple has admitted it is utter toilet and CS members are still defending it
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Finally, one valid point as to why google maps was better, they included labels at higer zoom levels, can't argue with that if thats what you prefer.
It's from page 7 mate.

It's not just the labels, though. The roads and everything is much easier to see on Google Maps, hence it's easier to navigate by.

As I said, I think your statement that Apple maps is exponentially better is completely untrue. They added one feature, turn-by-turn, that Google Maps should have had, but at the cost of making everything else worse, which is a poor trade by any standard or preference.

What good is turn-by-turn if you can't rely on it?

Making it vector based was a smart decision, but tbh with the current processing power and data transfer speeds in phones, you're not going to see a huge difference.

You can't say "it's better, they just need more data" when the truth is, that the missing data makes it worse.

Nic Barnes

1st Oct 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
CEO of Apple has admitted it is utter toilet and CS members are still defending it
welcome to the internet, full of uneducated people called john and steve.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iOS is exponentially better than Android it just needs a facelift, bug fixing and more features.

Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by James
welcome to the internet, full of uneducated people called john and steve.
You can NOT be for real right now!

A2H GO

1st Oct 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cartography is matter of opinion, with turn by turn you wouldn't be using that zoomed out view to navigate from A to B.

The maps/roads aren't actually the problem, it's the points of interest which results in the maps directing people to the wrong places and I've never argued that data isn't shit.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The cartography is matter of opinion, with turn by turn you wouldn't be using that zoomed out view to navigate from A to B.

The maps/roads aren't actually the problem, it's the points of interest which results in the maps directing people to the wrong places and I've never argued that data isn't shit.
I don't agree it's a matter of opinion. For the cartography to be good it needs to be easy to understand and navigate. In this case, it is not.

Perhaps you didn't argue that the data wasn't shit, but you did say that the overall package was exponentially better, which is what people are coming down on. Because it's blatantly false.

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll