corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Track Rod Replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Track Rod Replacement
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Aug 12 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Sister's Corsa C went into Vauxhall for a service last week, where they recommended a new steering rack as there is play.

I replaced the track rod ends at Xmas and there was still a little play, but not enough to worry about. However, now there is!

From a little research, it appears that a common problem is the bushes on the inner end of the track rods. I plan to replace them next weekend, but Haynes says about a 'special socket' that's needed for the joint between the rod and rack, but there's no more info or photos about it.

Before I start ripping the car apart to replace the rods, has anyone got any information about it? Would a spanner work, or is it a garage job? Cheers!
davieslim

User status: Offline
20th Aug 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have one of there that goes straight over the arm when the trackrod ends removed and removes the arm really easily, dunno about prices where you are but a rack up heres only about £40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERGEN-Professional-Steering-Arm-Removal-Tool-35-45mm-BER6102-/280832474322?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4162eb7cd2#ht_3036wt_1037

[Edited on 20-08-2012 by davieslim]

New Poll