corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » track rod end bolts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author track rod end bolts
bigrabbelfast

User status: Offline
26th Apr 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a trick to getting the 17mm nut off the bottom of the track rod end cuz the coonts just spinning the balljoint inside and i dont have an airgun
(only posting in here as i have the car up at the minute and need an answer asap)
ed

26th Apr 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to get a long block of wood and jam it into the opening on the wheel arch where the track rod comes through and the press down hard on the track ro end with it. You will then be able to undo the nut.

You also need to post tech questions in the right place.
g-man

26th Apr 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You need to get a long block of wood and jam it into the opening on the wheel arch where the track rod comes through and the press down hard on the track ro end with it. You will then be able to undo the nut.

You also need to post tech questions in the right place.

You having a laugh? That's a proper good way to shag the track rod arm in no time. The thread that protrudes from the nut should have a hex shaped hole to allow the insertion of a hex/allen key. You hold the key while ondoing with a 17mm spanner.

Failing that, if you a) dont have such hole or b) it's gummed up with so much shite and you can't be arsed clearing it out, use a g-clamp and tighten it down on top of the ball joint and against the hub. This should put enuff pressure to stop the ball from spinning.
bigrabbelfast

26th Apr 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks g-man
ed i put the explanation in my above post as to why its here
g-man

26th Apr 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigrabbelfast
thanks g-man
ed i put the explanation in my above post as to why its here

The hex key idea is the best btw, less chance of bursting the rubber that holds the grease for it. Even if you clean a little bit out, then place the red straw from a can of WD40 into it, you can blast fuck out all the shite and it will clean it out in jig time.
ed

26th Apr 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pressing down on the top of the track rod end with a block of wood is the same as using a G clamp on it. I have never seen a Corsa track rod end with an allen key opening on it before either, the threaded section is too thin anyway for such a thing to exist. Also, how is that going to do anything to the track rod, you aren't even touching it in the first place?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » track rod end bolts 23 database queries in 0.0089672 seconds