corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 13 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was how I left it.

corsav6_mut

10th Mar 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting to look good is that IC piping not going to foul the bonnet though?
NathanR

10th Mar 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicework once again donk !! As said above though , that Cooler pipe looks strangely high compared to normal ones .
NathanR

10th Mar 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the best photo to use as a comparison but you can see here that the IC pipe sits below the level of the rubber seal part

However im saying this assuming that you havent tried the bonnet on yet

[Edited on 10-03-2013 by NathanR]
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thought did cross my mind. I plonked the bonnet back every night, I had a look today and it seems to clear. Maybe 1cm.

Thing is I'm not too keen on the TX ones, because they are 3'' and you get a step as it gets bigger causing a pressure drop imo.
NathanR

10th Mar 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah fair enoug as long as the bonnet clears lol . Looks very smart though buddy !!
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it the engine tilts back a bit when you put the subframe on.
davegreen
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!
z20lets fit the corsa c as if they were ment to be in there. i found it much easier to fit the z22se to mine than fitting the x20xev to my b.
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rolled the crane in and lifted the engine up, expecting to fart about lining the mounts up, but it was pretty much perfect first go. No cross member, and removable slam panel really help.

Like you say, so much easier than a B.
Mark B

10th Mar 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate ordered the mounts and caliper carriers off that site u gave me.have u got the standard alternator pulley on yours??
davegreen
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt even take the sub frame off when i put the z22se in, had to remove abs unit and some brake pipes. best bit is all the mounts are off the shelf vauxhall items!
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep standard multi-v pulley, it's got a decent amount of room.

Yeah, I took the bracket off by my brake pipes, just so I could get the two bolts on.
Mark B

10th Mar 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When u hoping to have it running?? You got the full tx front mount kit?
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was yesterday, but I got held up by weather, and the leak. Maybe the weekend but most likely the week after.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bolted on the subframe with new lower arms, today after work before it got dark.

As some of you noticed the top hat is a tad high, it will hit the bonnet, so I'm gonna keep a eye on it, I might need to trim the inside of the bonnet, but it isn't too much of a problem because the bonnet shuts fine.

Then I did a little mock up for my exhaust to see what needs doing, it needs a bit chopping out and the o2 sensor boss moving.

How it will look at the back.
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good. you keeping the body work standard? be a real sleeper.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, yeah will be. When I get my wheels re-furbed I might get them done silver. For more of a sleeper.
NathanR

12th Mar 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice wok again mate , i thought it might catch the bonnet !! Exhaust looks good to
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanted to fit a z20leh to the corsa c combo van at work, keep it in works livery as well. but they sent it to the breakers after engine failed. £250 what they got for it. that would have made a good sleeper.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Nice wok again mate , i thought it might catch the bonnet !! Exhaust looks good to

, It's a nice tidy tailpipe.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
i wanted to fit a z20leh to the corsa c combo van at work, keep it in works livery as well. but they sent it to the breakers after engine failed. £250 what they got for it. that would have made a good sleeper.

We've got one in are yard from the Westbury depot, I keep eyeing up, but I've got enough to do with this.
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the boss just laugh when i asked if i could buy it to swap engines.
hes into porches and got 2 audi quattro's, if he hadnt of already done the deal i would have been doing it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 13 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's alright for some.

I'm looking forward to some German car baiting when it's done.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My clucth leak seems to be back, so I removed the engine and box yesterday and, I had a bit of spare time today, so I thought I'd change the slave and pipe. When I moved the box so I could work on it I heard a rattle from inside.

It sounded like metal, so I took the selector off, shook it about a bit and this fell out.

:eek

Thinking to myself cool, that was lucky, I'm glad I took the box off. Then I bolted the selector back on, which didn't go very well.

When I tightened up the last bolt, I heard a load snap. :face:
When I removed it I found a tad had snapped off, so now I need one of them. You can see the bit in the last picture to the right.

up.It really feels like this project is against me, and I'm pretty close to giving
Dale

25th Mar 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't give up mike... You will get there...

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 23 database queries in 0.0164812 seconds