corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave the cam cover a good clean, and a quick lick of paint today, then I fitted the engine on to the stand, then set about fitting a XEV inlet cam. I haven't dialed it in yet.

corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news and bad today, I had call from from the place I dropped the gearbox off at today. He said everything is fine with the box, but I'm gonna charge you £300 +VAT to put it back together with the new diff. :eek Even tho I said I only what the diff fitted, he wanted to clean every CM of the box the put it back together, taking him 5hrs. :face:

It wasn't a option so, I picked up the bits and was left with this pile of bits. :face:

Fair play to them for wanting to do it right, he could of said that before he took on the job. So I've got to try and work out how it all goes back. While at work I gave all the casing a good clean, and fitted the new bearings and shims to the slipper.

I've also found a decent 3 pot Club, that I pick up on Wednesday.
bigron1988

14th Jan 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour is it
NathanR

14th Jan 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work mate ! Coming along nicely , apart from the box situation .

What colours the shell then ?!
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dark Silver type colour. It's got a few scuffs, but not too bad.
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got home from collecting the car.
NathanR

16th Jan 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures
Joey 1.6 sport

16th Jan 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pictures when it's light keeping a eye on this
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I will do on the weekend, it seems to dark when I leave for work and when I come home.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jan 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a go at putting the box together last night, I've got the cluster back in, but I'm having trouble with the selector now.

I'm pretty pissed off now, because I can see that he didn't need to do a fraction of the work, just to change the diff like I asked him to.

At this rate I might just buy another box and swap the diffs over. But I'm gonna have another play later and see if I can make it work.
Steve jordan

20th Jan 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't give up hope on the box mate, I'm sure there's a gearbox place that would take in the job just to reassemble it at a low cost.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jan 13 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know anyone localish? Bristol transmission are meant to be good, but I can see them wanting to charge alot as well.

I washed the car at the jet wash today, so I took some pictures.

I wasn't too keen on the standard steering wheel so I fitted the one off the Coupe.
fazza

23rd Jan 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking forward to seeing the lump get fitted!
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, I'm hoping to get a few more things done this weekend.

[Edited on 23-01-2013 by corsadonk]
NathanR

23rd Jan 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice base buddy !! Looks tidy , whats the plans for exterior mods then ?
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much really, I just want to keep it as a sleeper. But it has got a few things I'm not happy with. One of my customers has a facelift SRI in his yards with a knacked engine, I'm trying to get a few bits off it, but I need to get mine up and running with the LET, before I start spending money, on cosmetic stuff.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I collected my 308mm disc's from being re-drilled today. Top thanks to gilson engineering.

They used the template that got off a guy on the CCUK.
I also gave my wheels a good clean, but they seem to have dirty water marks in the paint.

I'm not sure how to get them out. I wouldn't mind redoing them in silver, but I can't see me having time for a while.
NathanR

24th Jan 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes look good mate , want mine to come already . Oh nasty marks on the speedlines !! Would look better a dark grey on you colour though!!
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look even worst in the metal.

When I re-furb them I'll go silver.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a bit more done yesterday, since it was a cracking day.
I made a little video on the local runway.

When the gutless old chicken got me home, I removed the inlet to fit a EDS copy, and thermo inlet gasket.

All the studs came out fine, and I've used the longer ones from Courtnay Sport. LEH injectors and regulator in, but I might swap the rail because I can't get the yellow paint off.

I've lost the bolts for my tophat, so I'm gonna have a good hunt around the house for them.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then I went over to Dale's unit, to fit my Spax lowering kit, RARB, wheels and 308's.

Doing the rear end, then he pointed out I had put the anti-roll bar on upside down. :lmao:

We did the fronts, but when I had my brakes off, I relised I didn't bring the spigot rings for the disc's. :face: I'll sort that out later today, and get some pictures with the wheels.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been out to fit the 308's.

It went pretty well, but I need to give them a proper bleed. I've used Astra Coupe 888 pads which are DS2500's, the weights clear so all is good.

Back down on the ground, I've used 1.7 DI springs some hopefully when the LET is fitted it should level out the front, I'm really happy with the ride and handling now.
NathanR

27th Jan 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work donk . 308s
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do seem a touch over kill on 1.0l. Cheers.
NathanR

27th Jan 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not going to be a 3 pot for much longer though . When do you reckon youll start the conversion ??

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 23 database queries in 0.1139090 seconds